Pc racing game

Bman123

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey everyone I have never got into pc racing games but I am getting a wired xbox 360 controller soon and want to get a racing game if there is one that fits the bill. Here is what I am looking for in the game
Able to upgrade the cars performance parts ie engine, trans, turbo, brakes, suspension and tires. Graphics don't have to be awesome but not look like a 90's game. Have a decent single player, I am not looking to race online just want to race the computer.

If you have any insight it would be much appreciated

Need For Speed 2 Underground may fit what you are looking for.

Not much in the way of modding, but if you like circuit racing then NFS: SHIFT and NFS: SHIFT 2 Unleashed are pretty fun.

I had a blast with both SHIFT games on the HTPC with a 360 gamepad. Makes me wish for a steering wheel/pedal setup though. :(

I dont care about modding I just want to upgrade my car as i win money with better performance parts

GTR Evo doesn't really meet his requirements of being able to upgrade stuff and has a nonexistent single player.

Yeah well not posting a recommendation doesn't really help him either. ;) Just giving him options.

NFS: Shift was pretty good - it is track racing, not street racing, and has pretty complete upgradability. I never played the second one though, to know if it is any better.

The GRID and Dirt games are a lot of fun and look pretty darn good. There's not a lot of upgrading, but teh fun factor makes up for it. there's also a pretty large range of cars and race types.
They work really will with my 360 controller.

Yeah well not posting a recommendation doesn't really help him either. ;) Just giving him options.

Well posting a recommendation that is the opposite of what he was asking for without even mentioning that is like negative help :p

My recommendation honestly would be buy an Xbox 360/PS3 and play Forza/GT5. The other series that kinda fits the bill is NFS, but I haven't enjoyed any of those since NFS underground 2. Then there's the Codemasters ones, DIRT and GRID, neither of which I really got into all that much, I thought TOCA Race Driver 3 was pretty good though. Auto Club Revolution looks interesting, anyone here actually played it?

+1 on Forza. It's the only game that makes me wish I had a 360.
Alas, a week before I was going to get one, my HT receiver died. 360 w/o sound is useless... :-(

The only way I will buy a console is if I can get a working PS3 for $50 and then I will use it to only stream netflix and play little big planet lol.

Back