PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750

sSpeedy

n00b
I just bought this for $139 locally for my new system. I know the Mfg is well respected, I just didn't know much about this particualr ps.

It's going in my E6600 system that I just started to put together. Forgot to order the PowerSupply I wanted when I ordered all the other stuff and got this one.

This going to work for my OC'd dual vid card setup? Hope so...

sSpeedy said:
I just bought this for $139 locally for my new system. I know the Mfg is well respected, I just didn't know much about this particualr ps.

It's going in my E6600 system that I just started to put together. Forgot to order the PowerSupply I wanted when I ordered all the other stuff and got this one.

This going to work for my OC'd dual vid card setup? Hope so...
An excellent PSU: http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/viewproduct.php?show=S75EPS&view=techspecs

Holy crap, if you got one for $139 you are one lucky dog!

I just got one a week ago for my rig and I couldn't be happier. And I kinda dig the copper colored finish too. :D

BTW if I remember correctly this PSU is actually custom made by Seasonic for PC Power and Cooling.

ok, that sounds good. It was @ Fry's....It looks like an instore thing as it's not listed on Outpost.

A top choice for a high-end modern system -- especially for the price that you paid (and a good choice even at regular price). Unlike most modern PSU's, this one has a single extra-strong +12V rail instead of multiple +12V rails, so it can handle the forthcoming DX10 GPU's which can suck up a lot of power off the +12V rail(s).

sSpeedy said:
ok, that sounds good. It was @ Fry's....It looks like an instore thing as it's not listed on Outpost.

!!! Thats where I bought it! LOL damn I'm gonna go have to go back up there and tear some ass. :p

In San Jose CA they are selling for 159. Not 139 like you but still damn good considering retail is 199.

DontMakeMeEatYou said:
Is Fry's selling the black version or the copper version?

Either way, if someone wanted to buy one for me, I'd give you a bit...

PM me!!!

It was in the east bay.
I'm on the new pc now...Took a while to get everything setup. Was messing with a slipstreamed sp2 hotfixed iso.

just grabbed one down here in la puente fry's near L.A.

Cost is 159 but it doesn't matter because it's a great PSU.

Damn this thing is sweet.

untitled.JPG

Signature Updated :D

Thanks to OP for introducing me to this great PSU.

My old Fortron 550W EPS12V was a great unit but I think it will have trouble powering my future kentsfield quadcore and 8800GTX.

$159 at the Webster, TX location. :( oh well, i didnt need one anyways. my psu is fine currently but i certainly woulda jumped for $139 just for the hell of it.

I just noticed something about this PSU. It's quad certified but it only has 2 PCIe connectors. Anyone care to explain this?

DontMakeMeEatYou said:
I just noticed something about this PSU. It's quad certified but it only has 2 PCIe connectors. Anyone care to explain this?
7950GX2 = 1PCIe connector each.

My bad. I got caught up in the whole "2 PCIe connectors on the 8800gtx" and thought that the 7950gx2 also had 2 PCIe connectors.

Back