PC Power & Cooling 750w Quad $129.99

Fantastic deal. PC Power & Cooling is phenomenal. This PSU is like half price!!!

now its $250, you can get this at tiger direct for 159.99 before shipping

now its $250, you can get this at tiger direct for 159.99 before shipping

What happened? I cannot believe it...it was $159 for almost a month, then end of month Newegg dropped it to $149...I pulled the trigger since I was in the middle of a new build and it was a fantastic buy at $149 with no mir.

Then for 1-2 days its $129 and now $220 after mir. What gives? How could the price vary so much over such a short time?

Did posting this thread on hotdeals raise the price?

What happened? I cannot believe it...it was $159 for almost a month, then end of month Newegg dropped it to $149...I pulled the trigger since I was in the middle of a new build and it was a fantastic buy at $149 with no mir.

Then for 1-2 days its $129 and now $220 after mir. What gives? How could the price vary so much over such a short time?

Did posting this thread on hotdeals raise the price?

Probably, supply and demand.....:mad:

Too bad I missed it by 1 day. I dont suppose PC Power/OCZ would honor the MIR even if I missed it by a day. Super deal now...

Modular power connectors are purely sales/marketing gimmickry. Every time you introduce new connectors into the power path you increase resistance and add another failure point - another connector that can oxidize or offer a sub-par connection. Having the power leads hard soldered into the power supply ensures the best connection.

Btw, the PC Power & Cooling Quad 750 is a GREAT power supply. I'm using it on a system with dual 8800 GTX's, an overclocked Q6600 (3.6 Ghz), three hard drives (2 of which are power hungry Raptors) and a water cooling system with a large pump and several fans. Everything runs great with this P/S. Recommended!

Modular power connectors are purely sales/marketing gimmickry. Every time you introduce new connectors into the power path you increase resistance and add another failure point - another connector that can oxidize or offer a sub-par connection. Having the power leads hard soldered into the power supply ensures the best connection.

Lol ok mr. expert, what if I like to have a tidy case?! I definitely made no reference to modular cabling being more efficient than hardwired -_-
post again when you get off your high horse

Lol ok mr. expert, what if I like to have a tidy case?! I definitely made no reference to modular cabling being more efficient than hardwired -_-

i'll agree he was a bit elitist there; however his statement stands accurate. PC P&C said they wont do modular because of the same things.

Heh, sorry, wasn't trying to pee in your soup there. Modular cabling does make it easier, but not having it doesn't prevent you from having a tidy case - unless you're too lazy to spend the time needed to properly manage your cables. Then again, I've also seen modular supplies used to create rat nests as far as PC setups go. It's typically not the presence of the extra cables, but the spare/extra lengths of existing cables that aren't policed up properly that contribute to a mess.

Passing up on a really great power supply because it isn't "modular", well, to each his/her own I guess.

You can always cut off the cables you don't want/need if they really chap your ass. :p

I simply used all of mine - problem solved! :D

Sometimes you just require modular... my second box is a SG03... there is absolutely no extra room to "hide" cables... I have an 8800GTX, RAID controller and 8 2.5" drives in it, so even with modular cabling it's a task to keep it all neat and organized. I don't know what I'd do without a Silverstone PSU and their short cable kit.

I just ordered it from Newegg, this seems like one badass power supply and the BFG 650 is going right back to Best Buy. Thank OP!

Speaking in a completely non personal generalized sense, but if a person can't manage a 'tidy' case without the aid of a modular power supply, then said person probably also finds it hard to manage to tie his or her own shoes in the morning without the aid of velcro.... just my opinion. ;)

Now, on the subject of the PC Power & Cooling 750w PSU:

This really is/was a killer deal. Even without a rebate it's a great deal. For the uninformed, the PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 and 750 models are based on a very solid custom Seasonic design, with top shelf components chosen by PC Power & Cooling themselves. The power these things deliver is amazingly clean, even at loads approaching their maximum rating.

PC Power & Cooling is also an amazingly customer oriented company to work with as well. They will do anything to satisfy a customer - they will even allow you to send in your PC Power & Cooling power supply for customized wiring harnesses for a nominal fee. Say you want an extra PCI-E power connector or two? No problem. Need longer cables? Shorter cables? No problem. All done with quality and care. You can even send your PC Power & Cooling unit in for a 'check-up' where they will test all aspects of the unit and give you a report on it's 'health'.

PC Power & Cooling and Corsair are the only PSUs I will not hesitate to recommend to anyone who asks my opinion. Both companies build a great product and care about their customers. :)

jumped on it

didn t really feel like spending 150 bucks right now but my Ultra X-connect 500watt is buggin out .. sometimes takes 20-30 tries before system will boot lol ..just shuts off

and 2 months after the 3 year warranty is up so screw it

think i made a better choice than going with the corsair 750watt? i know both are good

Man this is smoking oh so tempted. Side note I seem to recall an announcement by PC Power and Cooling/OCZ about a blue edition coming about 5 months ago. Anyone know if they scratched that blue color from their product production plans?

Man this looks like a great deal.

I had to go read reviews about my own PSU to convince myself I didn't need this one. :D

This PSU is a beast, and it's dead silent to boot. I'm using it in my current system, and I've had zero problems from the power supply. I'd recommend it to anyone who is contemplating it :)

retarded, some cases are hard to manage all the wires without the PSU being modular. It would be a PITA on my origional stacker for example. The wires HAVE to go somewhere, and often block airflow etc...

Good deal if I was shopping for a PSU id highly consider this one anyways.

Keep in mind they are now owned by ocz and not everyone believe that company has a superb rep

The crossfire one, which is red, is still 119.99 after a 30 $ MIR. The Sli one is back up to 219.99 after a 30$ MIR. Same PS, different color, 100$ more expensive.

The crossfire one, which is red, is still 119.99 after a 30 $ MIR. The Sli one is back up to 219.99 after a 30$ MIR. Same PS, different color, 100$ more expensive.

I wanted to confirm this as well. I was going to post a question to see if the red Crossfire model is the exact same power supply, other than the red color. But then I went to PC Power & Coolings website, and confirmed that it is both Crossfire and SLI certified, and is the same power supply. So other than the red color it is the same....Interesting to note is that if you buy direct from PC Power and Cooling, the suggested retail price for both the black and red is $169....much less than Newegg is selling the black one for....

I probably won't be doing SLI anyway, but I was going Nvidia for my video card, and wanted to be sure that if someday I did go SLI, my power supply could handle it. I think I am going to jump on this red supply, as that is a super price.

As for the quote listed above about OCZ, I would second that, but my experience goes back to a bad customer service experience I had with them about warranty on their memory a LONG time ago. I have heard nothing but good things about PC P&C power supplies, so hopefully they will keep their same level of service....

Nice deal. I just got an HX620 for $132-$25 rebate (5% off deal, Buy.com). Can't beat modular, but this is nice.

Back to $250. I need to check this site more often. My PS only has dual 6pin PCIe connectors. Useless for the next gen of 8 pin PCIe cards.

Back