PC P and C enough for 9800gtx or use my 9800GTX for Physics?

jacuzz1

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey guys, The precipitous drop in 9800GTX pricing leaves me with a quandry. I will be keeping my nearly new Asus 9800GTX

I just gave my kid one of my 22 inch Dell monitors and he seems content with the 8800GT i gave him. I could upgrade him to the 9800gtx i have laying around but i am not sure if his 450 silencer is enough.

I can alwasy use either card for physics as I understand it but if his psu can handle it I thought I may as well make him the envy of his friends ( 11 year old)

Silencer 450 handle it?
His rig: X2 3800, 2 gig DDR
one raptor hd , three 120 mm fans, couple of optical drives, Asus Sli Premium Nforce 4 board

Your thoughts would be appreciated

I'm not sure if his PSU can handle it, but you could always just try it out and see... I would guess that it would be able to, though, if it handles the 8800GT fine (both are G92s, and I don't think the 9800GTX draws all that much extra power compared to the 8800GT)

Yeh, I guess this was just a gratuitus post demonstrating that I would rather keep my 9800 than sell it for chump change. A mental health post if you will. ;)

Yeh, I guess this was just a gratuitus post demonstrating that I would rather keep my 9800 than sell it for chump change. A mental health post if you will. ;)

Show off :p Feel free to send that unused 8800GT my way :D

Yeh i sold one of my gt cards for 140 on ebay but no takers for the 9800 at the price I wanted and to add insult to injury some asshole from Poland does a snipe bid with second left after i specifically said no to shipping to Europe.

What an asshole. I almost got on a plane to Poland just to bitch slap him I was so pissed.

Back