PC Malfunctioning after RAM and PSU change

Marcinnn

n00b
Hi, this is my first post on any hardware related forum, which may indicate my helplessness with a problem that I've encountered a few days ago. So lately I've been thinking of upgrading my GPU since I've recently bought a nice 2k monitor and my good old 1070 just isn't enough anymore. To prepare for it, I've decided to buy new PSU (Seasonic CORE GC-650 Gold 650W) in place of my old 500W Antec. On top of that I've decided to change my RAM (16GB Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz) for Kingston FURY Renegade 32GB [2x16GB 3600MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM], since I've decided I don't need RAM as fast as that and instead I could use the extra 16GB for some 2k gaming. And here start my problems. The parts came, all looked packed as they should, but I put all the parts in (obviously with all power disconnected), I try to boot the PC, but no display is shown and it start beeping. My motherboard EZ Debug lights at first were lighting the VGA led (constantly lit, no changes after a few minutes of waiting). The GPU lights were on, the CPU cooler was running, RGB on the motherboard was also on so they seemed to be connected properly to the PSU, but I've tried to unplug all cables, detach RAM and put it in again but nothing worked and I still was getting the same result. So I tried putting my old RAM in with the new PSU and it still didn't change anything. So then I tried with just one RAM stick and it beeped as usual, but this time it actually booted (also with three beeps), but didn't display MOBO logo thus making me unable to access BIOS and it booted to my Ubuntu system. The disk with Windows on it, seems to be working, because when I access it from Ubuntu all the files are as they were, so I most likely plugged it in properly with new PSU. If I try to press DEL while booting to BIOS (it's the button I've always used to get to BIOS), it just doesn't boot and there's black screen on my monitors. I've also tried rebooting directly to BIOS with a shell command from Ubuntu but with the same result. So then I've switched back to my old PSU and the problem still persists, which in my opinion indicates some problem with other hardware (maybe MOBO or CPU). Other things I've tried are: clearing RAM slots as well as sticks themselves, putting GPU in a different slot, removing my CPU cooler and CPU itself, cleaning any dust it may have had and putting it back in, also taking out the CMOS battery for a few minutes, touching JBAT pins with a screwdriver for a few secs and plugging out and in all the components multiple times. Right now for about 3 days Ubuntu seems to be working stable as it was before changing the parts, but i have no access to Windows and the PC still beeps 3 times every time I run it (If it's of any help, it's one longer beep and 2 shorter beeps, the PC Startup beep is turned off) all of the thing were done with power cable unplugged from the PC. On top of it, the monitors turns off while booting, and then after I log in to Ubuntu, they also turn off for a few seconds if that may help with resolving the problem (as it didn't happen before). I'll be glad for any tips and attempts to help me find a solution as I'm pretty helpless after a few days of struggling and reading/watching solutions that didn't help me. Thanks in advance and have a good day Y'all!

My PC specs:
GPU: GTX 1070 EVGA SC
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
RAM: Patriot Viper Steel 16 GB -> Kingston FURY Renegade 32GB [2x16GB 3600MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM]
PSU: Antec VP-PC 500W -> Seasonic CORE GC-650 Gold 650W
Drives: M.2 NVMe 1TB, 500 GB Sata SSD (Windows is on it), 128 GB Sata SSD (Ubuntu is on it), 500 GB Sata HDD
Monitors: LG 27GN800-B, Iiyama Black Hawk 24" 75Hz

If any more info is required please be sure to tell me, thank You.

Hi, this is my first post on any hardware related forum, which may indicate my helplessness with a problem that I've encountered a few days ago. So lately I've been thinking of upgrading my GPU since I've recently bought a nice 2k monitor and my good old 1070 just isn't enough anymore. To prepare for it, I've decided to buy new PSU (Seasonic CORE GC-650 Gold 650W) in place of my old 500W Antec. On top of that I've decided to change my RAM (16GB Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz) for Kingston FURY Renegade 32GB [2x16GB 3600MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM], since I've decided I don't need RAM as fast as that and instead I could use the extra 16GB for some 2k gaming. And here start my problems. The parts came, all looked packed as they should, but I put all the parts in (obviously with all power disconnected), I try to boot the PC, but no display is shown and it start beeping. My motherboard EZ Debug lights at first were lighting the VGA led (constantly lit, no changes after a few minutes of waiting). The GPU lights were on, the CPU cooler was running, RGB on the motherboard was also on so they seemed to be connected properly to the PSU, but I've tried to unplug all cables, detach RAM and put it in again but nothing worked and I still was getting the same result. So I tried putting my old RAM in with the new PSU and it still didn't change anything. So then I tried with just one RAM stick and it beeped as usual, but this time it actually booted (also with three beeps), but didn't display MOBO logo thus making me unable to access BIOS and it booted to my Ubuntu system. The disk with Windows on it, seems to be working, because when I access it from Ubuntu all the files are as they were, so I most likely plugged it in properly with new PSU. If I try to press DEL while booting to BIOS (it's the button I've always used to get to BIOS), it just doesn't boot and there's black screen on my monitors. I've also tried rebooting directly to BIOS with a shell command from Ubuntu but with the same result. So then I've switched back to my old PSU and the problem still persists, which in my opinion indicates some problem with other hardware (maybe MOBO or CPU). Other things I've tried are: clearing RAM slots as well as sticks themselves, putting GPU in a different slot, removing my CPU cooler and CPU itself, cleaning any dust it may have had and putting it back in, also taking out the CMOS battery for a few minutes, touching JBAT pins with a screwdriver for a few secs and plugging out and in all the components multiple times. Right now for about 3 days Ubuntu seems to be working stable as it was before changing the parts, but i have no access to Windows and the PC still beeps 3 times every time I run it (If it's of any help, it's one longer beep and 2 shorter beeps, the PC Startup beep is turned off) all of the thing were done with power cable unplugged from the PC. On top of it, the monitors turns off while booting, and then after I log in to Ubuntu, they also turn off for a few seconds if that may help with resolving the problem (as it didn't happen before). I'll be glad for any tips and attempts to help me find a solution as I'm pretty helpless after a few days of struggling and reading/watching solutions that didn't help me. Thanks in advance and have a good day Y'all!

My PC specs:
RAM: Patriot Viper Steel 16 GB -> Kingston FURY Renegade 32GB [2x16GB 3600MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM]
Drives: M.2 NVMe 1TB, 500 GB Sata SSD (Windows is on it), 128 GB Sata SSD (Ubuntu is on it), 500 GB Sata HDD

What is the bios make?

Clear the CMOS

re-seat the RAM

MI BIOS:
1 beep - System boot successfull
*1beep - Refresh failure - (NO VIDEO) memory refresh failure (bad memory)
2 beeps - Parity error - bad memory
3 beeps - Base 64K memory failure - bad memory
4 beeps - Timer not operational - bad motherboard
5 beeps - Processor error - bad processor
6 beeps - 8042 gate A20 failure - bad cpu or mainboard
7 beeps - Processor exception interput error - bad processor
8 beeps - Display memory read/write failure - bad video card or memory
9 beeps - ROM checksum error - bad BIOS
10 beeps - CMOS shutdown register read/write error - bad motherboard
11 beeps - Cache memory bad - bad CPU or motherboard
12 beeps - BIOS rom file incorrect size - The BIOS ROM file found does not match the size of the flash device
13 beeps - BIOS rom image mismatch - The BIOS ROM file layout configuration does not match image present in the flash device
5 short + 1 long beeps - Memory error - No memory detected in the memory slots.
6 short + 1 long beeps - Memory error - EDO memory detected in system
7 short + 1 long beeps - SMBUS error

AWARD BIOS:
1 short - System boot successfull
2 short - CMOS setting error
1 long 1 short - DRAM or M/B error
1 long 2 short - Monitor or display card error
1 long 3 short - Keyboard error
1 long 9 short - BIOS ROM error
*repeated beeps - DRAM error
*repeated short beeps - Power error
*Repeated high & low beeps - Processor is damaged/Overheated

PHOENIX BIOS:
1 - 1 - 2 CPU / motherboard failure Bad CPU / motherboard
1 - 1 - 3 CMOS read/write failure Bad motherboard
1 - 1 - 4 BIOS ROM failure Bad BIOS chip
1 - 2 - 1 Timer failure Bad motherboard
1 - 2 - 2 DMA failure Bad motherboard
1 - 2 - 3 DMA failure Bad motherboard
1 - 3 - 1 Memory refresh failure Bad memory
1 - 3 - 2 64K memory failure Bad memory
1 - 3 - 3 64K memory failure Bad memory
1 - 3 - 4 64K memory failure Bad memory
1 - 4 - 1 Address line failure Bad memory
1 - 4 - 2 Parity error Bad memory
1 - 4 - 3 Timer failure Bad motherboard
1 - 4 - 4 NMI port failure Bad motherboard
2 - 1 - 1 64K memory failure Bad memory
2 - 1 - 2 64K memory failure Bad memory
2 - 1 - 3 64K memory failure Bad memory
2 - 1 - 4 64K memory failure Bad memory
2 - 2 - 1 64K memory failure Bad memory
2 - 2 - 2 64K memory failure Bad memory
2 - 2 - 3 64K memory failure Bad memory
2 - 2 - 4 64K memory failure Bad memory
2 - 3 - 1 64K memory failure Bad memory
2 - 3 - 2 64K memory failure Bad memory
2 - 3 - 3 64K memory failure Bad memory
2 - 3 - 4 64K memory failure Bad memory
2 - 4 - 1 64K memory failure Bad memory
2 - 4 - 2 64K memory failure Bad memory
2 - 4 - 4 64K memory failure Bad memory
3 - 1 - 1 Slave DMA failure Bad motherboard
3 - 1 - 2 Master DMA failure Bad motherboard
3 - 1 - 3 Interrupt controller failure Bad motherboard
3 - 1 -4 Slave IC failure Bad motherboard
3 - 2 -2 Interrupt Controller failure Bad motherboard
3 - 2 - 3 <RESERVED>
3 - 2 - 4 Keyboard control failure Bad motherboard
3 - 3 - 1 CMOS batter failure Bad CMOS battery
3 - 3 - 2 CMOS configuration error Incorrect setting
3 - 3 - 3 <RESERVED>
3 - 3 - 4 Video memory failure Bad video card or memory
3 - 4 - 1 Video init failure Bad video card or memory
4 - 2 - 1 Timer failure Bad motherboard
4 - 2 - 2 CMOS shutdown failure Bad motherboard
4 - 2 - 3 Gate A20 failure Bad motherboard
4 - 2 - 4 Unexpected interrupt Bad processor
4 - 3 - 1 RAM test failure Bad memory
4 - 3 - 3 Timer failure Bad motherboard
4 - 3 - 4 RTC failure Bad motherboard
4 - 4 - 1 Serial port failure Bad motherboard
4 - 4 - 2 Parallel port failure Bad motherboard
4 - 4 - 3 Coprocessor failure Bad motherboard or CPU.
9 - 2 - 1 Video adapter incompatibility Use a different brand of video card

NEC:

0200 - failure fixed disk
0210 - stuck key - reconnect keyboard
0211 - keyboard error - reconnect keyboard
0212 - keyboard controller failed - reconnect & restart.
0213 - Keyboard locked
0220 - Monitor type does not match - Start the setup
0230 - System RAM failed at offset
0231 - >> >> >>
0232 - Extended memory failed in address line
0233 - Memory mixing detected
0234 - Single bit ECC error
0235 - Multiple bit ECC error occured
0250 - System battery dead.
0251 - bad CMOS checksum
0260 - System timer error
0270 - Real time clock error.
0271 - check date and time setting
02B0 - A:\ error.
02B2 - A:\ incorrect
02D0 - system cache error cache disabled.
0B1B - PCI System error on bus/device/function
0B1C - >> >> >>
0B30 - FAN1 error
0B31 - FAN2 error
0B22 - Expasion ROM not initialize
0B50 - CPU #1 with error taken off line.
0B51 - CPU #2 with error taken off line.
0B5F - Forced to use cpu with error.
0B60 - DIMM group #1 disabled.
0B61 - DIMM group #2 disabled.
0B62 - DIMM group #3 disabled.
0B63 - DIMM group #4 disabled.
0B6F - DIMM group with error is enabled.
0B70 - The error occured during temp sensor reading.
0B75 - System voltage out of the range
0B7C - The error occured during fan sensor reading.
0BB0 - SMBIOS - SROM data read error.
0BB1 - SMBIOS - SROM bad checksum
0BD0 - 1st SMBUS device address not acknowledged
0BD1 - 1st SMBUS error detected
0BD2 - 1st SMBUS time out
0CC0 - ROMPilot reportserror number xx
Expansion rom not initialized
Invalid system configuration data
System configuration data read error
Resource confict
System configuration data write error
Warning: irq not configured

My PC specs:

Read your motherboard manual. Usually near the back of the manual, it will have a guide for the beep codes. it may tell you what the beeps mean. Let us know, if you figure that out.

This is what I would do next:

Turn the computer off. Install only 1 stick of RAM.

Clear the CMOS. If you do not know how to do that, read your motherboard manual.

Clearing the CMOS resets all bios settings to their defaults. Then, when the computer boots up, it will re-detect all of your hardware and apply the default settings for that hardware. Don't change any bios settings....and see if 1. the computer boots normally and 2. see if you can get into Windows.

If yes, then you can test stability in Windows. Its common for Ryzen to need a couple of small bios tweaks, to get RAM XMP settings stable. But, lets see if you can boot normally first, with defaults.

After these steps, if you are able to see the bios and also seem stable in Windows: turn off the computer. Take out the stick of RAM and install only the other stick. Start the computer and see if its good or not.

If its good, turn off the computer and install both sticks at the same time. Read the motherboard manual, to make sure you are putting the RAM into the correct slots, for 2 sticks.
See if the computer boots with bios screen available. See if you can get into Windows.

Report back with the results. If you can get stable with both sticks, at those basic defaults-----then we can help guide you for trying to use the RAM at the full speed DDR4 3600 and any supporting tweaks needed.

Last edited:
What is the bios make?

Clear the CMOS

re-seat the RAM

MI BIOS:
1 beep - System boot successfull
*1beep - Refresh failure - (NO VIDEO) memory refresh failure (bad memory)
2 beeps - Parity error - bad memory
3 beeps - Base 64K memory failure - bad memory
4 beeps - Timer not operational - bad motherboard
5 beeps - Processor error - bad processor
6 beeps - 8042 gate A20 failure - bad cpu or mainboard
7 beeps - Processor exception interput error - bad processor
8 beeps - Display memory read/write failure - bad video card or memory
9 beeps - ROM checksum error - bad BIOS
10 beeps - CMOS shutdown register read/write error - bad motherboard
11 beeps - Cache memory bad - bad CPU or motherboard
12 beeps - BIOS rom file incorrect size - The BIOS ROM file found does not match the size of the flash device
13 beeps - BIOS rom image mismatch - The BIOS ROM file layout configuration does not match image present in the flash device
5 short + 1 long beeps - Memory error - No memory detected in the memory slots.
6 short + 1 long beeps - Memory error - EDO memory detected in system
7 short + 1 long beeps - SMBUS error

AWARD BIOS:
1 short - System boot successfull
2 short - CMOS setting error
1 long 1 short - DRAM or M/B error
1 long 2 short - Monitor or display card error
1 long 3 short - Keyboard error
1 long 9 short - BIOS ROM error
*repeated beeps - DRAM error
*repeated short beeps - Power error
*Repeated high & low beeps - Processor is damaged/Overheated

PHOENIX BIOS:
1 - 1 - 2 CPU / motherboard failure Bad CPU / motherboard
1 - 1 - 3 CMOS read/write failure Bad motherboard
1 - 1 - 4 BIOS ROM failure Bad BIOS chip
1 - 2 - 1 Timer failure Bad motherboard
1 - 2 - 2 DMA failure Bad motherboard
1 - 2 - 3 DMA failure Bad motherboard
1 - 3 - 1 Memory refresh failure Bad memory
1 - 3 - 2 64K memory failure Bad memory
1 - 3 - 3 64K memory failure Bad memory
1 - 3 - 4 64K memory failure Bad memory
1 - 4 - 1 Address line failure Bad memory
1 - 4 - 2 Parity error Bad memory
1 - 4 - 3 Timer failure Bad motherboard
1 - 4 - 4 NMI port failure Bad motherboard
2 - 1 - 1 64K memory failure Bad memory
2 - 1 - 2 64K memory failure Bad memory
2 - 1 - 3 64K memory failure Bad memory
2 - 1 - 4 64K memory failure Bad memory
2 - 2 - 1 64K memory failure Bad memory
2 - 2 - 2 64K memory failure Bad memory
2 - 2 - 3 64K memory failure Bad memory
2 - 2 - 4 64K memory failure Bad memory
2 - 3 - 1 64K memory failure Bad memory
2 - 3 - 2 64K memory failure Bad memory
2 - 3 - 3 64K memory failure Bad memory
2 - 3 - 4 64K memory failure Bad memory
2 - 4 - 1 64K memory failure Bad memory
2 - 4 - 2 64K memory failure Bad memory
3 - 1 - 1 Slave DMA failure Bad motherboard
3 - 1 - 2 Master DMA failure Bad motherboard
3 - 1 - 3 Interrupt controller failure Bad motherboard
3 - 1 -4 Slave IC failure Bad motherboard
3 - 2 -2 Interrupt Controller failure Bad motherboard
3 - 2 - 3 <RESERVED>
3 - 2 - 4 Keyboard control failure Bad motherboard
3 - 3 - 1 CMOS batter failure Bad CMOS battery
3 - 3 - 2 CMOS configuration error Incorrect setting
3 - 3 - 3 <RESERVED>
3 - 3 - 4 Video memory failure Bad video card or memory
3 - 4 - 1 Video init failure Bad video card or memory
4 - 2 - 1 Timer failure Bad motherboard
4 - 2 - 2 CMOS shutdown failure Bad motherboard
4 - 2 - 3 Gate A20 failure Bad motherboard
4 - 2 - 4 Unexpected interrupt Bad processor
4 - 3 - 1 RAM test failure Bad memory
4 - 3 - 3 Timer failure Bad motherboard
4 - 3 - 4 RTC failure Bad motherboard
4 - 4 - 1 Serial port failure Bad motherboard
4 - 4 - 2 Parallel port failure Bad motherboard
4 - 4 - 3 Coprocessor failure Bad motherboard or CPU.
9 - 2 - 1 Video adapter incompatibility Use a different brand of video card

NEC:

0200 - failure fixed disk
0210 - stuck key - reconnect keyboard
0211 - keyboard error - reconnect keyboard
0212 - keyboard controller failed - reconnect & restart.
0213 - Keyboard locked
0220 - Monitor type does not match - Start the setup
0230 - System RAM failed at offset
0231 - >> >> >>
0232 - Extended memory failed in address line
0233 - Memory mixing detected
0234 - Single bit ECC error
0235 - Multiple bit ECC error occured
0250 - System battery dead.
0251 - bad CMOS checksum
0260 - System timer error
0270 - Real time clock error.
0271 - check date and time setting
02B0 - A:\ error.
02B2 - A:\ incorrect
02D0 - system cache error cache disabled.
0B1B - PCI System error on bus/device/function
0B1C - >> >> >>
0B30 - FAN1 error
0B31 - FAN2 error
0B22 - Expasion ROM not initialize
0B50 - CPU #1 with error taken off line.
0B51 - CPU #2 with error taken off line.
0B5F - Forced to use cpu with error.
0B60 - DIMM group #1 disabled.
0B61 - DIMM group #2 disabled.
0B62 - DIMM group #3 disabled.
0B63 - DIMM group #4 disabled.
0B6F - DIMM group with error is enabled.
0B70 - The error occured during temp sensor reading.
0B75 - System voltage out of the range
0B7C - The error occured during fan sensor reading.
0BB0 - SMBIOS - SROM data read error.
0BB1 - SMBIOS - SROM bad checksum
0BD0 - 1st SMBUS device address not acknowledged
0BD1 - 1st SMBUS error detected
0BD2 - 1st SMBUS time out
0CC0 - ROMPilot reportserror number xx
Expansion rom not initialized
Invalid system configuration data
System configuration data read error
Resource confict
System configuration data write error
Warning: irq not configured
Hi, thanks for the reply. I've already cleared CMOS and also reseated my RAM many times, it clicks on both sides so I suppose it seats well, plus when i'm on Ubuntu, htop command actually shows me I have 16GB of ram available, so apparently they sit well. I have an AMI BIOS , ver. 7C91vAC1 which I've updated today, via flash BIOS button, but unfortunately it didn't solve my problem.

Read your motherboard manual. Usually near the back of the manual, it will have a guide for the beep codes. it may tell you what the beeps mean. Let us know, if you figure that out.

This is what I would do next:

Turn the computer off. Install only 1 stick of RAM.

Clear the CMOS. If you do not know how to do that, read your motherboard manual.

Clearing the CMOS resets all bios settings to their defaults. Then, when the computer boots up, it will re-detect all of your hardware and apply the default settings for that hardware. Don't change any bios settings....and see if 1. the computer boots normally and 2. see if you can get into Windows.

If yes, then you can test stability in Windows. Its common for Ryzen to need a couple of small bios tweaks, to get RAM XMP settings stable. But, lets see if you can boot normally first, with defaults.

After these steps, if you are able to see the bios and also seem stable in Windows: turn off the computer. Take out the stick of RAM and install only the other stick. Start the computer and see if its good or not.

If its good, turn off the computer and install both sticks at the same time. Read the motherboard manual, to make sure you are putting the RAM into the correct slots, for 2 sticks.
See if the computer boots with bios screen available. See if you can get into Windows.

Report back with the results. If you can get stable with both sticks, at those basic defaults-----then we can help guide you for trying to use the RAM at the full speed DDR4 3600 and any supporting tweaks needed.
Hi, thanks for the reply. From Mega6 comment it seems that it's a "Base 64K memory failure - bad memory" error, as I have a AMI BIOS. I've already cleared CMOS today and it didn't boot at all leaving me at BOOT red led light on my MOBO. I've also flashed the BIOS to update it to the latest version which in my case is ver. 7C91vAC1. After flashing BIOS i was able to boot as I previously could, which means booting straight to Ubuntu wihthout MOBO logo thus not being able to access BIOS and still with 3 beeps. Just to be clear, after clearing CMOS I booted with one ram stick in A2 slot, but it didn't help. Do You have any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

Put the old RAM in, it should work. Then RMA the new RAM.
The problem is I do have my old RAM put in right now and it doesn't work. Should I try to flash bios again and then try to boot with only one RAM stick of new RAM or repeat any other previous steps?

old psu, old ram, clear the cmos - get the old setup working again. Your new ram is bad and your new psu is suspect.

Hi, thanks for the reply. From Mega6 comment it seems that it's a "Base 64K memory failure - bad memory" error, as I have a AMI BIOS. I've already cleared CMOS today and it didn't boot at all leaving me at BOOT red led light on my MOBO. I've also flashed the BIOS to update it to the latest version which in my case is ver. 7C91vAC1. After flashing BIOS i was able to boot as I previously could, which means booting straight to Ubuntu wihthout MOBO logo thus not being able to access BIOS and still with 3 beeps. Just to be clear, after clearing CMOS I booted with one ram stick in A2 slot, but it didn't help. Do You have any other ideas? Thanks in advance.
I agree with Mega64. rebuild with the old hardware. Make sure that still works. If it does, then I would start with the new powe supply. If that works, then 1 stick of RAM at a time. Until you find exactly which new hardware is bad.

Shouldn't be any reason to flash the bios again.

Reactions: Mega6
like this
Okay, so maybe I didn't say it clearly in my post, but right now I am on my old setup and it doesn't work. Steps which include clearing CMOS -> flashing BIOS where all done on my old setup. That's the main reason why I'm worried now, because it probably means something broke after putting new PSU and RAM. What should I do now with my old setup?

Yeah, sorry bud but the likely scenario is that the new PS was faulty and burned up your MB. Pull everything except one stick of old ram in the first slot. See if you can at least get a beep code. Fans spin? Do you have some status LEDs or boot code LED numbers on that MB?

Yeah, sorry bud but the likely scenario is that the new PS was faulty and burned up your MB. Pull everything except one stick of old ram in the first slot. See if you can at least get a beep code. Fans spin? Do you have some status LEDs or boot code LED numbers on that MB?
I'm not sure what you meant, should I leave only MOBO connected to the PSU and try to boot with only one ram stick?

I'm not sure what you meant, should I leave only MOBO connected to the PSU and try to boot with only one ram stick?
yes you should get a beep code or LED error number depending on the model motherboard. cheap/old ones only beep and dont have an led error code display on them.

yes you should get a beep code or LED error number depending on the model motherboard. cheap/old ones only beep and dont have an led error code display on them.
Hi, I wasn't able to try anything with my PC for the past 2 days, but today something weird happened. I accidentally booted my PC with only secondary monitor turned on, and I got the BIOS logo, was able to get to BIOS, but it didn't detect any other disks apart from the one with Ubuntu on it. So after that I got to Ubuntu, but now for some reason PC doesn't recognize my primary monitor. It just shows no signal and turns off. Does anyone know what might be the meaning of it?

Okay, so I was able to get my primary monitor to work, but the it's still a mystery to me. Why am I able to get to BIOS only when my secondary monitor is turned on and primary turned off? On top of that if now I boot with my primary monitor on, it doesn't boot. It just shows no signal on both monitors (RGBs, fans etc. all seem to work in PC case).

Nevermind my previous message, after turning off Secure Boot it boots as it did before with primary monitor turned on.

Back