Pc gaming chair

I came very close to buying a chair that looked just like that at Office Depot. It was one of the most comfortable chairs I've ever sat in. Unfortunately, the product description stated that it was for "moderate use", or something along those lines. No more than 4 hours a day.

I only weigh around 135lbs, but I sit in my chair improperly (legs in the seat), and I have marathon gaming sessions pretty often. Also, when I'm not in my chair, someone else usually is. These "microfiber" chairs all seem to flatten after a year or less, and the cushions start to get hard and compacted.

I need a chair that is going to last, but isn't going to break the bank. Any suggestions on comfortable chairs that are meant to be able to handle very heavy usage?

Lol legs in the seat? I would need a HUGE chair to do that.

Really though, heavy usage means buying expensive chairs or try a Laz-e boy type which certainly can take the abuse.

I like the Octane alot so far. The only thing I dont like about it is the arm rests. I wish they had put the same material that the seat and back are made of on the arm rests. Or made the material it has now, more soft. One other thing is that the arm rests are a little too easy to accidently move to a different position. When I get up, I'm used to pushing off with the arm rests. Cant really do this without them moving. Overall though, I'm very happy with the chair.

With those wheels, you would definitely need a mat to use it on carpet.

I have a Herman Miller Aeron chair, best chair ever.

the wheels are perfect on the octane
i have a wooden floor and they don't roll to fast or anything like you would think
they have a smooth glide to them and the wheels are quite
very nice chair

You need to go outside and exercise. It's not the chair that is tiring your back, it's your lard ass not moving for 12 hours. :eek:

I just bought the Octane as well. Very awesome chair. The thing is orgasmic the first time you sit down in it, I had all my friends try it out at Best Buy and they all agreed. Even the employee mentioned how awesome the chair was as I was purchasing it. Very firm and supportive, conforms to the shape of your spine, and the fabric it's made out of is much better than leather. Just squeezing it with your hand is fun. :D However I don't like how the armrests wiggle and they are way too easy to adjust or accidentally knock into another position.

Mwahahaha QFT

The problem with most chairs for me is that I like to be able to lean back and have my head resting on something.
I'm 6 foot (and still growing) so most chairs just don't have a tall enough back for me to do that.
I also have a habit of "rocking" in office chairs even though you're only supposed to lean back in them.

So its hard for me to find a decent office chair.

Just a black leather office chair I found at a garage sale.

I sat in that chair and the other flashy "gaming" chair best buy carries, didn't like them....mostly for the plastic armrests.

Now this is a chair
525180_sk_lg.jpg

Looks EXACTLY like mine. :)

Wow...nice chair for sure!

Yeah, wish I could afford one. This sounds so tempting "Imagine settling into a chair that molds itself to your spine’s unique shape, fitting and holding you perfectly."

I found a broken wheel chair once... I made people at LAN parties sit in it. I have a clearance priced office chair from staples... was $80... paid $40. I love it.

If you game for more than 2 hours at a time you want a multifunction chair.

you'll know them because there are a gazillion levers and knobs on the bottom, and you can adjust every aspect of the chair to conform to your body. office depot has some multi-function chairs, and they aren't flashy or leathery, but they are designed for extended use without fatigue.

I sat in that chair and the other flashy "gaming" chair best buy carries, didn't like them....mostly for the plastic armrests.

Now this is a chair
525180_sk_lg.jpg

i have a very similar chair in brown and i love it!

I have one of these:
f_Chairm_cb04654.jpg

I tried the chair the OP has, but I found this one to be more comfortable.

My chair is very close to that. Except mine has microfiber suede and a waterfall designed seat cushion to help blood flow so your legs don't fall asleep. Very very comfortable. Got it at Sam's Club for $99 and I like it better than the all leather $200+ chairs they had there.

Here is the ultimate chair.

http://www.anthro.com/cpage.aspx?pid=220

And it looks like it could come to life and do some damage to.
That chair looks like it is going to suck the brains of anyone that sits in it. Honestly, I would swear Geiger had something to do with it.

At work we use the Herman Miller Leap and Flex chairs. They are better than your average office chair but nothing to write home about.

Give the Humanscale Freedom a try if you ever go to pick up an Aeron. They are both very nice and deciding on which one to get can be rather challenging.

I have an aeron and love it.....I tried the humanscale out before I got my aeron, it is a real let down when you actually sit in it. I wouldn't recommend anyone waste their time looking to try one (generally you have to look pretty hard for retailers that have them).

The recline is REALLY uncomfortable since only the back reclines, which is hard on the back and causes you to slowly start slipping out of the seat. The aeron reclines by pivoting the whole seat bottom/back so you keep your back support....The Mesh also keeps you from getting sweaty back/butt.

I would recommend looking at chairs from neutral ergonomics inc though (though their chairs are even pricier than herman millers). There is another good brand of chairs, but I can't remember it atm.

I have a clearance priced office chair from staples... was $80... paid $40. I love it.

Yeah, Staples/Office Depot/etc have those chairs on sale for $40 a few times a yr... A few years ago, at that price, I bought two, thinking the chair wouldn't last...

I also figured it would not be comfortable for only $40...

Boy was I wrong about both! 3+ years later, and the one chair is still in its original box! And I can get so comfy in the black leather one that I fall asleep...

Where's the best place to check one of these out? I realize they're pricey, but a good chair can be so important. They're about $500, right?

Umm...if you click on the picture it will take you to there website.
On the right side is a drop down menu for state or you can put in your local zip code. :D

Where's the best place to check one of these out? I realize they're pricey, but a good chair can be so important. They're about $500, right?
As an alternative to Dreamer's suggestion, you may want to look into used furniture stores. In larger cities in particular, when an office remodels, they'll pay someone to liquidate their old furniture at very discounted prices. I know a couple folks who picked up aerons for less than $200. They were a little scuffed up so not in perfect aesthetic condition, but everything mechanical worked just fine. If you don't care about how the chair looks, this may be something to look into.

Aerons run at $1161 new before GST/PST as of one year ago in B.C. Canada, and that was as cheap as they come here checking all island and lower mainland stores that carry them. I purchased mine from Gabriel Ross in Victoria.

Back