Pc gaming chair

i like the fabric of my chair its comfy
and my ass doesn't go numb no matter how many hours i play

i had a milk crate for a chair before

hello
i just got a new gaming chair i really like it http://peripherals.about.com/od/modemsotherperipherals1/fr/akoctane.htm

what do you sit in when you game ?

I've had the same chair for almost a year and I freaking love it! It's really comfortable, and I do love the cloth better than the leather on my previous chair. It just holds you in place. The arm rests are also adjustable in countless different positions. It makes me wish I were at home sitting in it now...

i like the rollerblade wheels on it
you can spin really fast
i might buy a 2nd one for work
my ass is hurting right now

This chair looks awesome. They even have it at the BB near my house. Very tempting cause I hate the chair I have right now.

for the price its very comfortable

the thing with leather chairs is that you have to pay like double the money to get em as comfortable as this chair
plus leather gets sticky in the summer and it hurts when you sit in it for 4+ hours and get up to take a shit or piss and your ass and legs peel off the chair .

Ok I just ordered one from BB online. Gonna pick it up after work. Cant wait. Got it for $140 after tax.

ya it was on sale this week for 129.99
ya post your review when you get it

also the wheels are a bitch to instal you gotta push really hard

other than that its like 8 bolts

When I see the name "AK Octane" I don't think gaming chair, I think Nitrus powered assault rifle...

oh and lol @ crates :D

I have one of these:
f_Chairm_cb04654.jpg

I tried the chair the OP has, but I found this one to be more comfortable.

meh i tried that one at bestbuy
doesn't huge your back like the ak octane gaming chair

but its a nice suede

I have one of these:
f_Chairm_cb04654.jpg

I have a chair very similar to that one shown but mine is black and very comfy. However, I have been thinking of making a move to a net back chair as I live in Tucson, AZ and it gets freaking hot here. :D

Well I got the Octane all setup and I'm liking it a lot. Excellent build quality all around. Comfortable and sturdy. Dont feel like I paid too much for it at all. A definite upgrade from my generic computer chair I had before. Plus it looks cool.

I happen to be in the market for a new computer chair. My current one is pretty uncomfortable and is starting to bother my back. I'm kinda thinking about getting this one because I can take it from the PC to the consoles without taking up extra space. The AK Octane looks pretty cool too though..

Nice chair. I almost bought it at BB, but got a mesh chair on Ebay for a pretty good price. I was pretty worried too, cause Ebay de-listed the seller after I purchased it (I guess he had some shady transactions) but it arrived fine. What I like about the mesh chair is it keeps me cool during the summer months. There is about a 10 degree difference between my 1st floor and the 2nd floor.

I sat in that chair and the other flashy "gaming" chair best buy carries, didn't like them....mostly for the plastic armrests.

Now this is a chair
525180_sk_lg.jpg

The arm rest on the octane isnt plastic. It's a firm pad. wouIdnt mind it being a little softer though.I like how I can adjust the height and the forward and backward positions of the arm rests on the octane. You can also adjust them so they can toe in or out. I just keep them straight though.

I have an old samsonite chair.. Its falling apart and smells like rotten ass after 4 years.
Time for an upgarde :(

I have one of these:
f_Chairm_cb04654.jpg

My chair kind of looks like that except it's burgundy leather with black and silver trimming. It's still not comfortable. What I really want to do is bring the downstairs leather sofa chair. That chair literally snuggles, you can glide around in the soft leather. But it's too big for a desk chair. :(

I am thinking about buying that same chair at this very moment. Do you like it? Exactly how much customization is there really? I read the description they have but I am wondering exactly how the features work in real life. How sturdy is it and can the headrest be removed?

Some time this week I am heading over to Office Depot to see if they have it out on the floor so I can try it out.

I just wish I knew when this chair was going to go on sale again. It's just my luck that it was $70.00 off last month when I didn't need a new chair.:mad:

It's quite comfortable, just the perfect amount of firmness to support uniformly without being spongy or bouncy, it perfectly molds back into shape. I'm sitting with a leg folded under me right now and it feels just fine. The padding while firm, is also quite thick, so it has room to give way where necessary.

The seat tilts forward and back and can lock, it also slides forward and back and locks. Seat can also rock back and forth and lock that too. Obviously height-adjustable, almost all chairs have that. Arms move in and out and up and down. My previous chair had arms that were too flimsy and had broken, these are strong enough for me to hold myself up on my hands(200lb). The armrests are not hard plastic, but they have very very little give. They're concave curved to fit forearms. I like to raise the right arm up to support my elbow with Wii gaming, and otherwise keep them down.

Seat back can lean forward and back, and can also lock in place. Headrest lifts up and down, and can pivot its angle up and down. No lock on headrest angle.

Height is adjustable too. The base is heavy metal. I've gone through quite a few chairs, never quite satisfied. I don't think I have any reason to keep looking for another chair anymore. It's sturdy, I've had chairs break on me before so I checked to be sure this chair would hold up under me and it does.

And yeah, somebody made a thread about chairs and I linked them(that's why I had it bookmarked for future reference in case someone else asked). It was like 130 at that time. I bought this thing for 190, $30 off of 220 >.<

go to bestbuy and test out the octane
i sat in it for 30 mins at the store
you will see that its just as comfortable the first min to the last min you sit in it
its really nice and iam glad its not leather fuck leather!

the chair that is the closest to the octane is that chair ankle posted
ive used those chairs before at the office and they are pretty damn comfortable
but the octane is more comfortable due to the extra padding it has on the sit

Is the Octane tall enough for big people? I'm 6'4" 220 or so and most chairs are too short in the back and in height off of the floor.

I want an aeron, so, so badly.

Give the Humanscale Freedom a try if you ever go to pick up an Aeron. They are both very nice and deciding on which one to get can be rather challenging.

go to bestbuy and test out the octane
i sat in it for 30 mins at the store
you will see that its just as comfortable the first min to the last min you sit in it
its really nice and iam glad its not leather fuck leather!

30 minutes. :confused:

I need something that will last me 2-12 hour gaming session without my butt or back getting tired.

30 minutes. :confused:

I need something that will last me 2-12 hour gaming session without my butt or back getting tired.

You need to go outside and exercise. It's not the chair that is tiring your back, it's your lard ass not moving for 12 hours. :eek:

I just bought the Octane as well. Very awesome chair. The thing is orgasmic the first time you sit down in it, I had all my friends try it out at Best Buy and they all agreed. Even the employee mentioned how awesome the chair was as I was purchasing it. Very firm and supportive, conforms to the shape of your spine, and the fabric it's made out of is much better than leather. Just squeezing it with your hand is fun. :D However I don't like how the armrests wiggle and they are way too easy to adjust or accidentally knock into another position.

I also tried that tan suede one that someone posted a pic of in this thread. Extremely comfortable, however I wouldn't consider it a gaming chair. It's a huge office chair that one could fall asleep in. A grandpa chair if you will. ;)

The arm rest on the octane isnt plastic. It's a firm pad. wouIdnt mind it being a little softer though.I like how I can adjust the height and the forward and backward positions of the arm rests on the octane. You can also adjust them so they can toe in or out. I just keep them straight though.

They were definitely hard plastic when I sat in one, even if they are not they are extremely cheap feeling and not comfortable at all.

They were definitely hard plastic when I sat in one, even if they are not they are extremely cheap feeling and not comfortable at all.

Are you talking about the actual part that your arm rests on or the part that attaches it to the chair (the support)? The actual armrest part is a stiff rubber, but the support is plastic.

I have one of these:
f_Chairm_cb04654.jpg

I came very close to buying a chair that looked just like that at Office Depot. It was one of the most comfortable chairs I've ever sat in. Unfortunately, the product description stated that it was for "moderate use", or something along those lines. No more than 4 hours a day.

I only weigh around 135lbs, but I sit in my chair improperly (legs in the seat), and I have marathon gaming sessions pretty often. Also, when I'm not in my chair, someone else usually is. These "microfiber" chairs all seem to flatten after a year or less, and the cushions start to get hard and compacted.

I need a chair that is going to last, but isn't going to break the bank. Any suggestions on comfortable chairs that are meant to be able to handle very heavy usage?

Back