PC Gamer Has Released a Top 100 PC Games List for 2018

I have the Witcher3 but I just can't get into it for some reason. Actually, I find a lot of games these days just annoy me and are not all that fun. My go to game is Battlefield 4 for these past five years. Tried BFV beta and have already uninstalled it. A game has to grab me or I just won't play it and it sits on my HDD wasting space.I have over 300 Steam games alone but only play a few of them.

Last edited:
The wife loves Regency Solitaire... it was her #1 go-to game for several months until she discovered that Steam tracked her gaming time, then, back to Hoyle Card games

Why does she care if Steam knows how long you played a game? It's just a harmless statistic. And you can set Steam to offline mode where I don't think it does track your game time.

I just clicked to see what their opinion was. Witcher 3 being #1 was an opinion I agree with.
I was suggesting that you're being used. The purpose of these lists is to get the clicks. And it makes no difference that you post:

GEEZ, I Love XY Agree 120%! Great list, perfect no1!

or

Why isn't XY no.1! They're stupid, terrible list, GTFO!

Either way they get the attention. It's not journalism, it's an easy way to get clicks, and they don't even have to pay attention to being accurate or in any way shape or form reflect reality. On the contrary going off the rails can generate even more clicks. That's why I don't give the time of day to these lists. They're meaningless, and probably don't even reflect the writers honest opinion.
A list posted by someone on a forum is more interesting, because I know they're not posting to get clicks and ad revenue, but to convey an honest view.

I was suggesting that you're being used. The purpose of these lists is to get the clicks. And it makes no difference that you post:

GEEZ, I Love XY Agree 120%! Great list, perfect no1!

or

Why isn't XY no.1! They're stupid, terrible list, GTFO!

Either way they get the attention. It's not journalism, it's an easy way to get clicks, and they don't even have to pay attention to being accurate or in any way shape or form reflect reality. On the contrary going off the rails can generate even more clicks. That's why I don't give the time of day to these lists. They're meaningless, and probably don't even reflect the writers honest opinion.
A list posted by someone on a forum is more interesting, because I know they're not posting to get clicks and ad revenue, but to convey an honest view.

Well dang, you mean all those PC Gamer , Accelerator & Maximum PC magazines I bought back in the 90's & 00's were just to make them money? Man, they fooled us all!

I have the Witcher3 but I just can't get into it for some reason.

I've tried 3 times in the last year to get into it, and about to try once more. I think it's the weak ass story in the beginning.

The graphics are top notch, characters, scenery etc. The game is about as polished as you can get, movement is good, combat is fair, world is huge, etc etc. I just don't ever feel compelled to open the game and move the story forward. You start out looking for this woman, so you can find this girl, then you find that woman, and it's all very anti-climactic... Then you gotta find this OTHER guy's daughter or something... ugh...

Gonna try getting through the second map this time, failing that I'm just gonna shelve it, figuratively.

I've tried 3 times in the last year to get into it, and about to try once more. I think it's the weak ass story in the beginning.

The graphics are top notch, characters, scenery etc. The game is about as polished as you can get, movement is good, combat is fair, world is huge, etc etc. I just don't ever feel compelled to open the game and move the story forward. You start out looking for this woman, so you can find this girl, then you find that woman, and it's all very anti-climactic... Then you gotta find this OTHER guy's daughter or something... ugh...

Gonna try getting through the second map this time, failing that I'm just gonna shelve it, figuratively.

I found the primary subplot more interesting than the Ceri plot, and many of the side quests are amazing, some not so much. It's an open world thing.

Well dang, you mean all those PC Gamer , Accelerator & Maximum PC magazines I bought back in the 90's & 00's were just to make them money? Man, they fooled us all!
I'm trying hard to make you understand, but you're trying even harder to avoid the basic concept.

You didn't need false incentive to read an article in a magazine you already purchased.

WTF?

"Stick shift, an auto-erotic game about pleasuring a gay car"

THIS made the top 100 list?

I'm not surprised TW3 earned the #1 spot.. nor will I be surprised if CP2077 earns the top spot after its release. CDPR is pretty much my "must buy" studio when I want a solid open world game. GTA5 is good, but TW3 is just amazing to get lost in for days.

If the main story line doesn't interest you at the start then just avoid it for a while. There's so much to do on the sides (and a lot of it more entertaining than the main quest at times).

I usually spend several sessions just doing side quests to get back into it every time I go back. I replay the full thing at least once a year, but always try to make different choices along the way to give it a slightly different feel. I tend to get to the main story part at the beginning where I have to talk to the king, and after dealing with his boring ass, I just go out into the world and go wild on other stuff. So many hidden things to find and explore, and that's my weakness so for me its great!

Don't feel too pushed into the main story quest, it's there, but there's enough other stuff to take up 100 hours of time if you want to as well. ;) Good luck!

Back