PC Gamer - Hacks! An investigation into the $1M business of video game cheating

also am not talking about "software" am talking about the cheats and that there is no way to inject or use them on a console unlike pc.

facts are facts. prove me otherwise? :D

We get it: you like consoles. Most of us, however, don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater and play on inferior hardware, with inferior peripherals, in some Xbox/Playstation ecosystem.

theirs is no hacks/cheats for consoles. Zero. unlike pc.

i think neither. you just don't know anything about this (uneducated)

also am not talking about "software" am talking about the cheats and that there is no way to inject or use them on a console unlike pc.

facts are facts. prove me otherwise? :D
Cheating is cheating, just because you can't inject code on a stock console, doesn't mean you can't cheat.

Here's a cheat for consoles. It also doesn't even use software. It's not "glitching", its a full blown cheat.

Its called a "lag switch". And if you aren't aware of these, then you are the one that is uneducated. They don't work on every single game, but their mere existance proves you are wrong: there are cheats for consoles.

http://www.examiner.com/article/how-cheaters-cheat-lag-switches
05080508.jpg

lag10.jpg

example1.jpg

Must be fun living in bliss.....
Ya. No shit. These are the same types of people that believe in the Tooth Fairy or a Nigerian Prince is going to wire them money.

Last edited:
Cheating is cheating, just because you can't inject code on a stock console, doesn't mean you can't cheat.

Here's a cheat for consoles. It also doesn't even use software. It's not "glitching", its a full blown cheat.

Its called a "lag switch". And if you aren't aware of these, then you are the one that is uneducated. They don't work on every single game, but their mere existance proves you are wrong: there are cheats for consoles.

05080508.jpg

lag10.jpg

example1.jpg

Ya. No shit. These are the same types of people that believe in the Tooth Fairy or a Nigerian Prince is going to wire them money.

lol, consoles suck so fucking bad.

This would not work on a PC game which uses server side authority. (most PC games)

lol I just came out of a few CoD Ghosts games (I know, I know) with a few hackers. Hilarious when you randomly call out "damn hackers!" and then the suspected hacker is the one who goes, "Who's hacking?" rofl. Some of these hacker guys would spot someone via walling and then look away as if they hadn't seen them, or called in UAVs constantly so people would think they've got good SA just from watching the radar... but several of us had full ninja setups, so.. yeah.

Hacking is pathetic to begin with, but then the lengths they go to try to hide it somehow makes to 1000 times worse.

you're pathetic

In the words of Coco Channel: "'I don't care what you think about me. I don't think about you at all."

how can you honestly have fun when the hack is doing everything for you?
what is the point of even playing the game? all you're really doing is moving around clicking

The thing is that whether or not something is entertaining varies from individual to individual. It's none of your business what's fun to me, nor do I require your approval or understanding. I am merely posting in this thread to point out that in nearly 100% of all multiplayer online matches someone is running a radar/aimbot, and even if there isn't a rager online but just people with normal stats there's someone on your and the opposing team who has the advantage.

In the words of Coco Channel: "'I don't care what you think about me. I don't think about you at all."

The thing is that whether or not something is entertaining varies from individual to individual. It's none of your business what's fun to me, nor do I require your approval or understanding. I am merely posting in this thread to point out that in nearly 100% of all multiplayer online matches someone is running a radar/aimbot, and even if there isn't a rager online but just people with normal stats there's someone on your and the opposing team who has the advantage.

More ridiculous claims from a hacker to justify their own short comings.

This is exactly the stupid justification cheaters use it is paranoia. 100% of online matches seriously? lol but I get it, I totally get it that's why you cheat because that is what you really think is going on. When in fact you are the one, you are the guy, often the only guy. TBH I would love to believe this because it would make me feel like a god. Can you imagine nearly every game I play in someone is hacking and still losing? I mean if this shit is true I guess I should go pro or something.

Let's get a reality check. The majority of players do not hack. Even the ones that do hack can't be doing it all the time. Sometimes when anticheat gets a leg up they need to stop for a bit. What is this amazing is this claim of a ton of hackers who have the self restraint to not use the aim bot but do use the wall hack / radar and still are terrible? Are there really that many people out there who are that stupid? Who do not have the self control to not hack but somehow have enough to not turn on the auto fire?

Hackers never understand the reason they think everyone is hacking, but its not about everyone else, its about themselves. It's about how they always take and look for the short cut in life. And they assume everyone else is as lazy / immoral as them.

05080508.jpg

lag10.jpg

example1.jpg

and yet you miss the whole point of this and what i said originally. PC gaming is infected with hackers because of how easy it is to inject and use a hack. however with a console its different and you cannot inject a hack so 100% of the server cannot cheat unlike over 60- 78% of the server on a pc are cheating.
no one on there ps3 or ps4 is gone waste time with this method to get an edge. not even 5% of people in the whole console community. this is what a caveman does it should say.

face the facts. PC multi player is doomed from the start and punkbuster or vac cant save you were the other guy is laughing at you shooting through walls and your clueless to do anything about it nor can you.

No one has yet to prove me otherwise that you can INJECT a hack in a console?;):eek:

Last edited:
No one has yet to prove me otherwise that you can INJECT a hack in a console?;):eek:

Nvidia, I'd first like to point out that you have no idea what you're saying, the terminology you use is completely wrong.

Second,
Google "Xbox 360 hack" or "PS3 hack", and kindly STFU. Modded console = modded game libraries = hacks.

If some kiddie is willing to pay $20-50 to pay for an aimbot on their PC, they're also willing to have a modchip installed for $20-100 on their console (which also enables pirated copies and whatnot).

Nvidia, I'd first like to point out that you have no idea what you're saying, the terminology you use is completely wrong.

Second,
Google "Xbox 360 hack" or "PS3 hack", and kindly STFU. Modded console = modded game libraries = hacks.

If some kiddie is willing to pay $20-50 to pay for an aimbot on their PC, they're also willing to have a modchip installed for $20-100 on their console (which also enables pirated copies and whatnot).

While this is true, game hacking and such is far, far more prevalent on the PC than it is on the console.

and yet you miss the whole point of this and what i said originally. PC gaming is infected with hackers because of how easy it is to inject and use a hack. however with a console its different and you cannot inject a hack so 100% of the server cannot cheat unlike over 60- 78% of the server on a pc are cheating.
no one on there ps3 or ps4 is gone waste time with this method to get an edge. not even 5% of people in the whole console community. this is what a caveman does it should say.

face the facts. PC multi player is doomed from the start and punkbuster or vac cant save you were the other guy is laughing at you shooting through walls and your clueless to do anything about it nor can you.

Bahahaha... consoles have no hacks? About every iteration of COD you could create a custom config by editing the ISO and changing some files around to enable infinite ammo, god mode, noclip. Ever heard of JTAG? Hacks are definitely on console, just slightly harder to do because not everyone wants to break open their console a mod it. Best part of console hacking is it's much easier once you get the hang of it, no programming knowledge required.

stop trying to justify yourself.
100% of the time there is a hacker? you really sound stupid.
yes there are hackers in every fps, but not in every server or round.
i have over 300 hours in bf4 and have only come across a few hackers.
im pretty good at spotting hackers as well.

it is actually my business because we may play the same game and i don't enjoy my games with hackers.

the reason you hack is because you suck, and that is the only reason.
the fact that you are a "closet hacker" is even more pathetic because you are trying to be seen as good.
and the fact that you try to justify hacking is hysterical.

i have a famous quote for you too.
4286-kill-yourself.jpg

Second,

yes you can Google it and you wont find it for sale. its people wording in google results becuase alot of cheaters with consoles want to find one. it will turn out its a pc hack. thats how they also get you . we don't offer console but hey we have pc hacks instead. modchips,rapid fire controls is not want i am or was originally implying about cheats for a console. If you had an aimbot and wall hack that would mean alot of destruction on a server. constant spawn death and in balances like on pc. I am talking about just this... that its impossible to get one and inject it like the pc. On pc it's so easy....too easy.... and that's why we face this problem.

Last edited:
If you had an aimbot and wall hack that would mean alot of destruction on a server. constant spawn death and in balances like on pc. I am talking about just this... that its impossible to get one and inject it like the pc. On pc it's so easy....too easy.... and that's why we face this problem.

I will take you seriously when you figure what you mean by "inject". And how exactly did console players get prestige 99x in the first week of basically every MW release? And a slightly-more-than-basic google search will find you videos of the aimbotters on consoles in these games.

It is "possible" and it has been done. You're trying to mince words to make some point, that I don't know. Do you cheat? Are you trying to justify it? Do you really think the console ecosystem makes for a better gameplay experience than on PC?

Hacks exist on consoles, not as easy/prevalent as PC, but they exist. If you're someone who is good enough / plays enough to be concerned about them, you will see them, both on PC or console. Console just has the benefit of 5-10million players that are absolutely terrible, play for 30minutes a week, and wouldn't have a clue what an aimbot looks/behaves like, nor do they care.

I will take you seriously when you figure what you mean by "inject". And how exactly did console players get prestige 99x in the first week of basically every MW release? And a slightly-more-than-basic google search will find you videos of the aimbotters on consoles in these games.

It is "possible" and it has been done. You're trying to mince words to make some point, that I don't know. Do you cheat? Are you trying to justify it? Do you really think the console ecosystem makes for a better gameplay experience than on PC?

Hacks exist on consoles, not as easy/prevalent as PC, but they exist. If you're someone who is good enough / plays enough to be concerned about them, you will see them, both on PC or console. Console just has the benefit of 5-10million players that are absolutely terrible, play for 30minutes a week, and wouldn't have a clue what an aimbot looks/behaves like, nor do they care.

to load a hack you start it and it injects in the memory process of the game. it cannot be done on a console. you cant run a cheat... aimbot or wall hack on the console period. any video or site who claims you can is full of crap. its pc footage not console.

to load a hack you start it and it injects in the memory process of the game. it cannot be done on a console. you cant run a cheat... aimbot or wall hack on the console period. any video or site who claims you can is full of crap. its pc footage not console.

Day 1 Counter-Strike PC hacks.

Open console mat_fullbright 1

Day 1 Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare Console hacks.

Open ISO, edit player.cfg, bind "XB_ButtonB" give ammo, god, noclip; burn disc

You don't have to do any fancy memory editing to enable hacks on the console man :/ Also consoles don't have anti-cheat so they are even more prone to this form of hacking because half the time they don't enable any CRC checks.

they don't need anti cheats because you can't run an aimbot and Wallhack that was coded for the last fricken time.

they don't need anti cheats because you can't run an aimbot and Wallhack that was coded for the last fricken time.

Modify aim assist strength essentially an aimbot, enable wireframe.

Yes these things exist on consoles and much more accessible with JTAG. Console hacks can be much more destructive than PC.

You're really just prolonging this argument for no reason.

FPS have cheaters on both Console and PC. They're more prevalent on PC, but to say consoles are void of all cheating is being and ignorant fanboy.

You're really just prolonging this argument for no reason.

FPS have cheaters on both Console and PC. They're more prevalent on PC, but to say consoles are void of all cheating is being and ignorant fanboy.

I knew this was coming. good one!:cool: especially since i played on the pc as much as i did on the console. I am still waiting for half life.

there's no aimbot and wall hack on Consoles. the combination of those or even 1 is what is destroying pc multi player. with aimbot his score is 120 kills if not more. without and just a wallhack its half that compared to 30 -40 from a legit player in a full fps server. Nope console does not suffer this fate.

I knew this was coming. good one!:cool: especially since i played on the pc as much as i did on the console. I am still waiting for half life.

there's no aimbot and wall hack on Consoles. the combination of those or even 1 is what is destroying pc multi player. with aimbot his score is 120 kills if not more. without and just a wallhack its half that compared to 30 -40 from a legit player in a full fps server. Nope console does not suffer this fate.

OMG RAGE! I AM ABOUT TO WRITE A PARAGRAPH AS TO WHY YOU'RE WRONG!

Oh wait nm you're just a troll, nice job, 8/10 would get trolled again.

OMG RAGE! I AM ABOUT TO WRITE A PARAGRAPH AS TO WHY YOU'RE WRONG!

Oh wait nm you're just a troll, nice job, 8/10 would get trolled again.

how childish and no. having a hard time accepting the facts? :eek:

keep-calm-and-take-a-fukitol.png

:)

Last edited:

My brother-n-laws had xbox controllers with the lag buttons built in so they looked almost like any other xbox controller but with an extra button. Its not the only way to cheat on consoles though. I will accept the pc probably has more cheaters but that's only because downloading software is pretty easy. That still doesn't mean there aren't hax for consoles, there is plenty. It is getting harder in some ways to hack on consoles since they can scan to see if its been modded and then ban it from their network but where there is a will there is a way.
There will always be hacks as its human nature to find ways to come out on top when you just can't compete naturally. The exact same issues are happening with sports and performance enhancers.

they don't need anti cheats because you can't run an aimbot and Wallhack that was coded for the last fricken time..

The "facts" are that you have been owned repeatedly in this thread so far, WITH evidence against your baseless claim.

what evidence? all this talk about evidence to what I asked and no Evidence. lets see it.

you running away from the truth like this guy below:

LkzB6dh.jpg

but you wont get far....

also LOL to this:

Yes these things exist on consoles and much more accessible with JTAG. Console hacks can be much more destructive than PC.

some soul should load up a pc hack in a fps game and show the real destruction to this guy while his in game getting shot straight across the map 500 meters away as retribution. :)

I've hacked in one game in the past. Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight. I didn't pay for hacks, I didn't even go looking for hacks...But I found hacks anyways!

You got stars you could allocate to different force powers before each match, the total stars limited by the match config. After playing a particular map, with a crashed ship, where you could only jump on top of the ship with 4 or more force stars in force jump, and seeing someone up there, with another master level power (death sight), when no one should've had the stars to allocate in such a way I asked this guy how he did it. Turns out it wasn't all that hard...he told me back in the MS Gaming Zone matchmaking lobby that all you had to do to 'hack' JK was edit a single forcepowers.txt file (or something similarly obvious, don't remember the exact .txt name). Change a 4 to an 8 and you just doubled your number of "stars" in that power. Protection lasts longer, destruction does 2x damage, jump goes 2x higher, ect. I couldn't believe "hacking" could actually be so easy as changing a single .txt, so I tried it in a live game.

It worked, it really was THAT EASY. But you had to edit that txt file each time you wanted to re-spec your character, which was too much trouble to bother with between every match, so I didn't continue my hacking ways.

Oh look, there's Hitler...Godwin's Law satisfied, shut it down guys...

aren't you a smart cookie for bringing that up

bookyoutharoundah18.jpg

Just because you don't understand why some do what they do doesn't mean it has to be an all or nothing thing. I personally never used auto-fire ever, if for no other reason that that I didn't want to get banned.

I used the radar all the time (great to flush out snipers, get insight into whether a choke is an ambush, etc). I also used the warning indicator that says if someone is aiming at you, and I used the aimbot without auto-fire because auto-fire isn't necessary to kill someone. Use the radar to find out where they are, shoot a few times into the general direction, then mouse-button to snap to target and manually shoot to kill. Good times! I vividly recall using the radar to let myself be killed by the same guy over and over, the team chat in response to that happening was hilarious.

To me hacking wasn't about having great stats, my K/D was average at best. I did it for the LOLs I got out of it.

even though i don't hack

AGREED

I would consider myself quite knowledgable on this topic. I used to be a server admin for many years even running my own clan. All primarily Source Engine games. In the beginning i bought cheats to mess with a friend. I never paid for them but it was neat to mess with. I returned back to them once as a clan leader. I used them to watch demos in counter strike source. It gives you the information you need while watching their movements. Quite a few from my community were accused so i had to truly find out. I eventually jumped on my own gameserver with the cheats on and just played it cool. I wanted to test some of my admins. So i played for a bit then admitted i was using cheats. Most said "yeah you always are" or "yeah right". So i made it blatant and dropped the rest of the team with one magazine in a pistol, It was the fiveseven i do believe. I was VAC banned 3 weeks later. Anyhow, through this i learned the netcode of the game and was beginning to be able to catch it on the fly.

Later i learned that cheating is a far bigger issue then anyone truly realizes. Do you know how rampant cheating is in competition? Thats where its used most. I remember the big CEVO wave. There was a huge stink about one of the Cevo-P teams players cheating with several bust videos. They banned him and like 500 other people. Then i eventually learned that something like most of the pros cheat.

On a source server running VAC backed with sourcemod anti-cheat then using Sourcebans as a global banlist your not gonna have problems.

Back