PC Freezing and Slow Before Boot

GreatestOne

Limp Gawd
Hey guys.... working on a clients PC, and a bit weird here, havent had many issues over the years like this.

• You start the PC
  • It freezes forever on the startup screen while it says press Delete or F2 for setup
  • When you press either, no response but takes about 10+ minutes to get to to the BIOS screen, where I dont see anything usual
With this, can I even do a memtest or any other test, seems more like a MB or memory failure?

Any suggestions will be great help, thanks!

test/replace the cmos battery then if that doesn't help disconnect everything except the gpu, hdd and one stick of ram.

First, just for kicks, check in the bios settings and see if it is set to run a full memchck and diagnostic every boot. I have seen people leave this on before by mistake. But more than likely it would seem there is a connection problem or issue with one of the core components in the motherboard. I would start with changing the CMOS battery though, as that is an easy fix. If that doesn't work, remove the various components, clean out the sockets carefully with compressed air, then re-seat them. If that doesn't work, use a boot up disk with diagnostic tools to check the RAM and drives.

Thanks for the help guys....
Weird, when I turned it on to test, guess what, it booted right to Windows LMAO.
Anyways, I reset CMOS and reseated all the hardware, cleaned the dust that was all over it (they have dogs and they never clean the inside of the PC and leaves it on 24/7), no errors on HD or RAM, so.... ya.
Now we wait and see.
Meanwhile he will start turning it off at night, and see if we can get it cleaned more often... until the next failure.

Back