PC - Duke Nukem Forever - $36.49 - greenmangaming.com

The demo really disappointed me. Going to wait and see how it's received before deciding when/if to buy.

Good deal on a new release. However, the price on this game is going to drop like a rock after people start playing it Nd the reviews are out. I predict bargain bin becomethe end of summer.

Poor Duke...not gettin' any love at these forums eh? ^_^

I don't know...I think they might have messed up by taking 10yrs to build this out and I read a preview over at IGN and they said that it was repetitive and annoying due to the way you are forced to play the levels. I think I'm holding off on this one as well, even though I was a big a fan back in the day. They also knocked the graphics for not being up to date (not always a bad thing but when you wait 10yrs...you might as well have the latest tech on it right???)

The demo didn't do this game justice. I enjoy playing the full game a lot more than I enjoyed the demo. It's the same for several of my friends who have already played the full game as well.

Garbage. The one liners are funny for about 15 minutes but the actual gameplay is horribad. 12 years ago it might have been acceptable.

Seriously save your money.

I don't really care how people feel about the demo. I think I'll decide for myself if it's good or not and after seeing the trailers it looks like business as usual. If not, then at least it will be a refreshing break from the likes of CoD and BF. So, thanks for saving me a few bucks OP!

I don't really care how people feel about the demo. I think I'll decide for myself if it's good or not and after seeing the trailers it looks like business as usual. If not, then at least it will be a refreshing break from the likes of CoD and BF. So, thanks for saving me a few bucks OP!

I didn't play the demo. The full version game blows.

Your money though. ;)

Gearbox is great with support for their games, complaints will most likely be addressed. But don't expect them to change gameplay mechanics like regen health or the number of weapons you carry. From the streams I've watched looks like its a really fun game, can't wait for Monday night when the game is unlocked.

Eh, they are not going to change anything about their games if it will put consoles in a bad light. People were asking for all types of simple changes to borderlands UI, weapons, maps, etc, so they could see more weapons and stats. only thing they got was DLCs. So I expect it will be the same here.

There were major performance fixes for Borderlands, the game was unplayable on release (makes them look really bad), but after some patches the game ran all buttery, only complaint I'm really concerned about. As for gameplay and people expecting an almost 18 year old style shooter like Duke 3D or expecting it to be Borderlands are really freaken reaching. You want Borderlands, play Borderlands or Furious 4, you want Health and carrying weapons up the wazoo play Duke3D, Doom or some other decades old shooter.

The humor is Duke, the demo played like Duke, its freaken Duke.

I'm not expecting anything extraordinary, but it's the Duke, so at $36? why not? Mine's already downloaded and ready to play on release.

Gearbox is great with support for their games, complaints will most likely be addressed. But don't expect them to change gameplay mechanics like regen health or the number of weapons you carry. From the streams I've watched looks like its a really fun game, can't wait for Monday night when the game is unlocked.
Great with their support??? 6 months in and their online multiplayer was still completely broken and probably still is. Their support SUCKS! They only care about milking customers for every last bit of dough with DLC and console ports. They already sent an e-mail to First Access Club members about getting the first free DLC, which everyone else is going to have to pay for.

Despite this, I am buying DNF, based on the amount of content I have seen in snippits online and for curiosity sake, if nothing else. It looks like it will be delivering enough of the Duke that I remember, from the one liners, to the comical gore, to the interactivity.

People have been hating on the game for 12 years, because it became a joke even among non-tech websites. It is more interesting to see it fail than for it to succeed. So I am taking all of this with a grain of salt. I doubt any game could succeed in the face of all of that.

Last edited:
By the way, if any of you guys want to check out the original Duke3D in high resolution, check out the High Resolution pack. They just updated it with a polymer patch that make the explosions look 2011. Everything else looks somewhat better (although they horribly mutilated the strippers with some terrible 3D renders.) Comes packaged with the shareware version, when demos were in fact free.

For "security reasons" they cannot take paypal (even though they have the logo on their site). Made it easy for me to not buy the game.

eh, I just bought the game using paypal (from the US). might be something to do your location or a mismatch on your data.

Back