PC Driving games sale @ D2D, Blur $9.95, Split Second $7.50 and more

was about to post this myself, picked up Dirt 2 for 4.18 and Crazy Taxi for 1.90

FYI: Crazy Taxi has a 3 activation limit and no support for controllers and you can't change the controls but it's a fun blast from the past.
(It says support for controllers but there is no setting for it?)

in for blur, maybe in for hot pursuit...haven't decided if i should let the consoleness slide or not.

One of the editors here was crying about NFS Hot Pursuit being completely broken and unplayable on the PC. Anyone know if this is true? Strongly considering Sonic & Sega racing for some stupid fun since I already have DIRT 2, Shift, and GRID. Also, I can highly recommend Split/Second, that game is a blast. Be aware that it's framecapped at 30 and I don't know of a way to fix it.

One of the editors here was crying about NFS Hot Pursuit being completely broken and unplayable on the PC. Anyone know if this is true? Strongly considering Sonic & Sega racing for some stupid fun since I already have DIRT 2, Shift, and GRID. Also, I can highly recommend Split/Second, that game is a blast. Be aware that it's framecapped at 30 and I don't know of a way to fix it.

My brother hasn't run into any problems with it. Haven't played it extensively myself. I've heard of some people having issues though, its worth digging around the internet to check.

Good deal! I just picked up Split/Second for 6.00.

NFS: Hot Pursuit works great on my desktop no issues. Only gripe so far is that it is short. I believe that there was a workaround that required gfx drivers to be set to app / game control rather then user preference.

Do any of you use the Wireless 360 controller for windows? I'm thinking about buying one to finally have a wireless controller for my PC but I've heard the receiver has reliability issues.. would cause me to pick up a few more of these racing games :p

Good deal! I just picked up Split/Second for 6.00.

NFS: Hot Pursuit works great on my desktop no issues. Only gripe so far is that it is short. I believe that there was a workaround that required gfx drivers to be set to app / game control rather then user preference.

What are your thoughts on the graphics? I've heard that they aren't very good on the PC.

Do any of you use the Wireless 360 controller for windows? I'm thinking about buying one to finally have a wireless controller for my PC but I've heard the receiver has reliability issues.. would cause me to pick up a few more of these racing games :p

For what it's worth, my receiver burned out after a few months of minimal usage. I do like the wired 360 controller though and it's very well supported among a huge number of games. I find it indispensable, particularly because I buy a lot of console ports dirt cheap to play them at 2560 with huge AA.

What are your thoughts on the graphics? I've heard that they aren't very good on the PC.

Graphics are ok nothing stellar or groundbreaking, however for what it was this was very fun to play and the cars looked neat too.

Yes, there is a tiny fuse in the receiver that burns out prematurely, it is repairable if you are handy with a soldering iron. I had a receiver die on me and bought a replacement, then I found out about how easy the fix was. I had already thrown the dead one out though which sucked.

The wired controller functions exactly the same though and you don't have to worry about the receiver dying on you. Also a lot of pc games have native support for the 360 controller, its what I use for racing games and action games like Batman: AA or Just Cause 2.

360 controller is great for games. I've rarely used it for PC gaming as I do most of my gaming on the 360, but the few times I did use it (with the MS wireless wheel) it worked flawlessly. It's been plugged in for probably a year and a half now and it's still going though.

One of the editors here was crying about NFS Hot Pursuit being completely broken and unplayable on the PC. Anyone know if this is true?

No, but it is a shitty console port for sure. So the game runs fine, looks nice, has a good soundtrack and all that. The basics are intact. However its features are really lacking. Like it has this nice, continuous, universe. All the tracks are just parts of a big system of roads in a fictional part of northern California. You can free drive all over them. Cool... Except that you have no ability to set up any custom races or anything. So you are limited to their set races and parts of the track for any actual challenges.

Also the PC port is gimped in that there is no DLC. On the consoles you can buy DLC, but it does not and will not come to the PC. Also has poor support for PC graphics features. things like FSAA work fine, but you have to force it in drivers, there's no menu options.

Basically it feels half finished to me. Nice models and a solid game idea, but they needed to put in a bit more work. It was fun for a bit but I got tired of it.

Great deal on BLUR, I only wish the company who made the game supported it on PC after release (studio is gone now I think) The last time I played there were a lot of people using infinite boost cheats or just playing strange (catching up from last place and blasting forward literally at the last second or not even finishing yet still achieving first place, etc) Huge potential unfortunately not realized in that game.

Dirt2 for $3.96 (deal price + 20% off marchmadness promo code) is solid as well.

Does the standard wired 360 controller work or do I need to buy the one for windows specifically?

Thanks OP. Finally bit on NFS: HP via Amazon.

Downloads pretty slow though. Only getting 529kbs ;(

Works perfect on my rig. No glitches, crashes or anything. Looks beautiful.

Wow, if you loved Sega back in the Dreamcast days, you HAVE to get Sonic and Sega All Stars racing at this price. I believe the PC version had originally come out at a budget price due to not having online play, but other than that it's a solid port of a game that was reasonably well reviewed. I actually think it's a lot better than Wii Mario Kart with its retarded motion control. The cart racing mechanics are good, game looks really nice thanks to the art design (although it is NOT technically impressive obviously), and you will be laughing your ass off the entire time you play it. Whenever a character gets the super powerup, their old-school theme plays and they go rampaging across the track. I totally lost it when Amy's Sonic Adventure theme kicked in and she started pwning everyone. But even that did not compare to the hilarity of seeing Beat ghostride the whip and do dance moves on the hood of his pimpmobile after I unlocked him.

Wow, if you loved Sega back in the Dreamcast days, you HAVE to get Sonic and Sega All Stars racing at this price. I believe the PC version had originally come out at a budget price due to not having online play, but other than that it's a solid port of a game that was reasonably well reviewed. I actually think it's a lot better than Wii Mario Kart with its retarded motion control. The cart racing mechanics are good, game looks really nice thanks to the art design (although it is NOT technically impressive obviously), and you will be laughing your ass off the entire time you play it. Whenever a character gets the super powerup, their old-school theme plays and they go rampaging across the track. I totally lost it when Amy's Sonic Adventure theme kicked in and she started pwning everyone. But even that did not compare to the hilarity of seeing Beat ghostride the whip and do dance moves on the hood of his pimpmobile after I unlocked him.

Have you tried it with a keyboard? I don't have a controller right now and I play most racers with my keyboard anyway. I played this game on the Wii a little bit and really enjoyed it.

Have you tried it with a keyboard? I don't have a controller right now and I play most racers with my keyboard anyway. I played this game on the Wii a little bit and really enjoyed it.

Haven't tried it but I think this game would be best on the 360 controller. It's probably still playable on a keyboard since it isn't exactly demanding of finesse. It seems like they contemplated people using keyboards because all of the menus and the like show keyboard keys rather than Xbox 360 controller buttons like most console ports.

I bought Sonic Allstar Racers but it just crashes at start up. Tries to run, I get a black screen then to desktop. With some googling, I made sure the uadio is setup at 24/4800hz. Might be trying to run the game in surround mode that causes it to freak out. I will disable my SLI and mess with it some more over the weekend. So as of right now Sonic ALL stars is a no go, for Nvidia Surround.

I bought Sonic Allstar Racers but it just crashes at start up. Tries to run, I get a black screen then to desktop. With some googling, I made sure the uadio is setup at 24/4800hz. Might be trying to run the game in surround mode that causes it to freak out. I will disable my SLI and mess with it some more over the weekend. So as of right now Sonic ALL stars is a no go, for Nvidia Surround.

SLI works fine for me, I don't have surround though.

WOOHOO Its works Ill post a video of it running in Nvidia rurround mode. I updated all my drivers and still didnt work. I was hmm, then I notice Rift sowing down like lag and I was, thats very odd. I look at my cat 6 cable and it got pulled out and was just a barely making contact. I reset the cable and redownload the game. Now works, so there must have been a bad packet downloaded. Good to go now. Ill make a video of it.

It seems as if Test Drive Unlimited has a problem with win7. At least it has a problem with MY installation of win 7. Won't install completely. Waste of almost 5 dollars. :(

picked up NFS: HP and it is a nice change of pace from BC2, really enjoyable and a decent online community.

Back