PC Dedicated Servers for MW3 to be Unranked Only

Not even worth talking about. I wish people would just stop giving this game any attention and let it fade away to nothing.

So I don't play MW. Does the ranking only apply when you are 'leveling up' your character and keeping track of kill stats, etc.?

If so, it seems like this is an anti-cheat thing. Because you know in years past dedicated servers have lead to cheating and the developers just hate the idea of some kids cheating on their own server in one of their parents basements. Those little rascals ruin it for all of us!

Very disappointing, was thinking about getting this game, not anymore. Glad I spent my $50 on BF3 instead.

As usual Infinity Ward wants us to use their shitty matchmaking service.

I was somewhat, kinda, interested in this game.. (After the excitement over BF3 wears off in 6 or so months)

But after i read this the other day..... Honestly how hard is it for Activision to comprehend what gamers want.... they don't give a shit about the PC anyway so why do they care so much about people who hack their rank on Dedicated servers.. I just cant figure out why they do this every single release...

6 Months before release - Do you have dedicated servers?
Oh yah we totally love PC and we give them what they want!!!!

2 weeks before release on twitter
To level you need to use matchmaking...

Really not that difficult to level to 50 or whatever and say screw prestige and play on dedicated servers is it?

Really not that difficult to level to 50 or whatever and say screw prestige and play on dedicated servers is it?

Just what I was thinking. I'll level it up with their garbage and then play on dedicated servers once 50 or 55 or w/e the f they decide this time. Oh yea, if I buy it :p

True, However to alot of people they play COD games to level, unlock, prestige ect I have never put in enough time to full prestige in any COD game, and each one i average around 200 hrs. So for me at-least, i wont ever see dedicated servers unless i ignore prestige.

I have never put in enough time to full prestige in any COD game, and each one i average around 200 hrs.

Wow that's surprising, are you always low on the results board? I put about 30 hrs into COD on ps3 (according to stats) and in about 20 hrs in I had the option to prestige. I decided I didn't care about that and preferred to keep my unlocked weapons instead. Not sure how you couldn't have hit it once with 200hrs though.

Wow that's surprising, are you always low on the results board? I put about 30 hrs into COD on ps3 (according to stats) and in about 20 hrs in I had the option to prestige. I decided I didn't care about that and preferred to keep my unlocked weapons instead. Not sure how you couldn't have hit it once with 200hrs though.

Lol, give me some credit here, i meant complete prestige, (i.e all 10 levels) Usually i make it to 6 or 7

You don't actually need to do that either though right? Dedicated servers can have all the guns and stuff unlocked from the get go, so it doesn't actually matter what your official rank is. You can get access to everything without every having to 'unlock' them, which makes leveling up redundant.

Face it, Activision and Infinity Ward have become console's bitch, what else is new really. Oh yeah, I'm not getting this game either. Each year same shit. They care about PC gamers? Yeah right.

After playing BF3, there is just no way MW3 is going to come close to touching BF3. I feel sorry for the console kiddies ... not really. lol

Who cares. If the game is fun, number shouldn't be what makes it fun.

Back