PC Dead Rising 3 Not Capped At 30fps

HardOCP News

[H] News
This post on the Steam Community Dead Rising 3 forum sets the record straight on the issue of the PC version running at 30fps. Here's the quote from the forum post and a video of the game running uncapped:

Allow me to set the record straight -- while Dead Rising 3 is optimized to run at 30 frames per second for gameplay reasons, you can expect it to still run fine uncapped under most conditions provided you have a capable enough hardware. We can’t guarantee that there won’t be issues, and obviously depending on your rig you may see different results. Rest assured the beefier your gaming machine, the smoother your zombie killing experience will be. :)

Borderlands 2 did it right. Give us a variety of frame limiters to use as we please. I loved the 72 FPS cap they had in there, I actually use that universal limit now thanks to Afterburner and RTSS.

TheGamerz

Can you elaborate? How did you get there? Know a good guide? Do the same for Skyrim?

I have a 144Hz display.

Hey man if going over 30 makes their physics go bonkers Skyrim style then I'm all for it.

No game should ever be capped in frame rate IMO, developers need to consider 120Hz and 144Hz gamers who wish to maintain that frequency.

120hz and 144hz gamers are comprised of what percentage of the market? More than 5%?

If you want capped fps...
Go console.
Thank you for not screwing us PC guys!

Steve, as much as I appreciate this video, and I really do cause I trust you that the framerate is indeed unlocked, not having a FPS counter on screen completely defeats the purpose of this video because youtube only allows at the highest 30FPS video

So while I indeed do trust you on this, other people may not

Steve, as much as I appreciate this video, and I really do cause I trust you that the framerate is indeed unlocked, not having a FPS counter on screen completely defeats the purpose of this video because youtube only allows at the highest 30FPS video

Oh I assumed you made said footage, sorry

I saw the forum post had some links to uncapped raw footage. I'm at work, so I'm unable to check out the video.

Back