Pc crashing/re-booting, no blue screen.

It's either one of two things, your GPU is bad or the power rail in your PSU that supplies PCI-E power to the GPU is failing.

Try running OCCT PSU stress test, this (IMHO) is better and more informative than running P95 and a Unigine product concurrently. Just make sure if you're running the GPU stress test in windowed mode you click ON the "fur donut" so it stresses the GPU (you'll see what I mean).

Also you can buy a pretty cheap PSU tester on amazon.

Also, maybe pull the GPU and blow it out with some canned air. Maybe change the thermal paste.

If your PSU is modular you could change the PCI-E cable(s) to the GPU.

GPU is being RMA'd by EVGA. I'll get that swapped out and see if it fixes anything. If I'm still having the issues, then I'll move on to OCCT test and swapping in a different cable.

Call a computer service center and see if they can check your power supply.Some places do not charge for this service. I would do this first before any bios updates. Have not read though the whole post reply's but have you pulled memory sticks and tested one at a time and in different slots. Use DDU and follow instructions for a (clean) driver install. I'm done.

Last edited:
So I haven't had any issues since my last posting about it on the 5th, which I find weird. However my RMA arrived from EVGA (they sent me a 2070 which is nice) and I installed that last night. I'm going to carry on as normal for a week with this thing, then I'll put the ram back up to 3200 and see if I have any issues then.

DrDoU Not sure if there is anyone local that can/would test my power supply, as I'm in a relatively small rural area. Also unless it requires some special tools, I'd feel just as confident doing it myself as I would letting someone else do it (I assume a DMM is what I'd need, I don't have a fluke, but I do have a high end MAC tools dmm for automotive use) Also, the bios updates have already been done, and I have NOT tested each stick 1 at a time. I tested them both and got no errors. My system did hang once, but the next two tests with memtest, it all passed fine.

Reactions: DrDoU
like this
not busting in on this thread, I however have noticed similar issues, granted my kit is new to market, but odd asf that no matter how set the not reboot on crash etc, it does it anyways....hard to read error mesage when insta reboot (though settings should force to do otherwise)

IMO the system viewer etc, should have been bundled in the win10 installer (only a few kb or w/e in size, but at least it can say in english, not machine speak what the bloody issue was.

^.^.

could very well be something Windows as well (i.e had the issue more prevalent when was running 1809 vs 1903, but at least with 1809 on BSOD it would actually let me do the reboot vs having to hunt the prick down.

Glad you got your machine working again. I'm curious though as to what resolved the issue?
Thanks man!
My best guess is that it was an intermittent issue with my old GPU. I did windows/driver/bios updates, XMP on/off and the crash persisted.
Literally the ONLY other thing I did, and I don't see how it could have any bearing on my problem, was delete my logitech mouse software. I have been using a model O mouse and the software for it since like the middle of june, and the issue showed up at the middle/end of july so I highly doubt that the two are related at all.

Back