PC Controller

RicKuRuKuS

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys just playing a few old school NES and SNES games on the pc and really wanting a controller to play them rather than the keyboard on my laptop. If anyone has any suggestions that would be awesome!

-rick

You can probably find some cheap PC Controllers at dealextreme, it gets the job done if you don't want top quality controllers. :p

I have one of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104027

Logitech ChillStream. Exact duplicate of the MS XBox 360 controller, except that it has a built in fan that cools your hands when it's on. Kind of a gimmick feature, but whatever. It works fine for the few games I've actually tried to use it on (Overlord, Tomb Raider Legend). Any consolish games scream for a controller like this. I am forever a mouse/keyboard guy though.

360 pad is hands down the best pad to use if you're looking for something to use with new games. However the d-pad on it really, really sucks.

The Logitech rumble pad 2 had an OK d-pad (same controller as through the link above), but overall I think there is no substitute to grabbing an SNES controller and hooking it up through a super smart joy.

Another vote for the xbox360 controller, it works great, and I believe its the only wireless controller for PC. Tad pricey though ($59).

I also have that logitech controller posted earlier, and if you don't mind a wired controller it works great. Feels very similar to a PS2 controller. Its better for older games because of the d-pad position, but for newer games I prefer the 360's analog position.

PS2 -> USB adapter.

Sorry all you 360 controller guys, but the d-pad on that thing is such a raging POS. I can play Street Fighter 2 better using a DDR pad than the 360's d-pad.

I wish it was better, since I have 4 360 controllers and the PC wireless adapter, but trying to beat Battle Toads is frustrating enough when I can actually control my character. I also had a few issues getting the receiver to work on one of my PCs. It just... won't.

If MS ever releases a 360 controller without a sucky d-pad (like for a release of SF2CEHD2) I'd suggest that in a heart-beat.

Back