pc and xbox360 on same monitor?

o0akoni0o

[H]ard|Gawd
what is the best way to hook up my pc and xbox360 to the same monitor for individual use? meaning i'd like to be able to switch between pc use and xbox360 use without having to disconnect and reconnect stuff. i've heard about kvm switches, but i'm afraid i'll lose some video quality.

Well if u have a LCD, then it should have DVI+VGA....use DVI for your PC and VGA for 360 using the MS VGA cable......simple enough.

F

You can buy a VGA cable for your 360. They run like 50 at game stores. This will allow you to play at 720P

You can buy the same cable for under $14 with shipping on Amazon Marketplace.

i was planning on buying the vga cable, but if i connect the xbox360 via the vga cable to my monitor, how can i also keep my pc connected?

Well you choose what source you want to view. My monitor has a button that switches b/w dvi, vga, composite or svideo. They can all be hooked up at the same time, but only one will be displayed on the monitor. You choose which one. It's no different than choosing which video source to view on your tv when you switch b/w video 1, video 2, etc.

I have a question. How do you know you're running at 720p on your monitor in game? What resolution should it be?

kaluminati said:
I have a question. How do you know you're running at 720p on your monitor in game? What resolution should it be?

720P is just a resolution of 1280X720. Any resolution set to that or higher is 720P quality.

Or you could splice the dvi cable and run two cables into one. Then just turn on which ever device you'd like to use.

I know on my Dell 2005fpw I have my pc hooked to it via DVI cable, and the xbox360 hooked to it via VGA cable. I press a button on the front of the monitor and it switches between the two.

jordan172005 said:
Or you could splice the dvi cable and run two cables into one. Then just turn on which ever device you'd like to use.

With a 165MHz signal, that better be one hell of a splicing job!

I bought my adapter, a knock-off, from ebay. $40? Fuck that shit!! Set the xbox to 1280*768, as that is 16:10. LCD's non native=need what help they can get. Should still make SD look like junk.

Back