PC & a Sony Bravia

Silvers24

Gawd
Ok, so I got the open box on sale Sony Bravia KDS 60A3000
And this TV is flawless. However I have a problem.

Trying to output my picture through HDMI on the tv first dosen't work. it does the post, and then blacks out, even leaving it for 10 minutes it's like it's not working right, howev er when I start the PC through my monitor, then use Nvidia to have it shoot over to my Sony, it works perfectly.

But when I use Windows XP it overscans (Start is no where to be seen, etc) and the Nvidia HDTV resizer dosen't resize anything.
But when I use Windows Vista (Which is dual boot) it works flawlessly (But again have to use m y minotor first then shoot it over using the nvida control panel)

What can I do to fix these two problems?

are you using dual monitors? i use a 40 bravia and all i had to do was hook it up via hdmi to dvi and it works fine. what you can do is use you monitor to set your resolution to 1080p at 60hz then hook up your tv and restart you pc it should work or updating you drives maybe?

Yeah, Powerstrip is a program that gives you control over many advanced settings including overscan. I had to use it to force a custom resolution and refresh setting for my CRT because nVidia drivers would not let me change that res from 60Hz. Be aware that there may be compatibility with nVidia's 8 series cards... there were some issues last I checked.

Back