PBX for company

vxspiritxv

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone suggest a PBX (vm) with easy to use GUI, pref something that offers paid support.

If its 100% pay, needs to have a demo download, and it needs to be SIP.

I need to get a demo going before my company (employee owned) goes and wastes thousands of dollars on something that's really not that complicated.

I have a descent amount of experience with Asterisk but only via hard coding it, but the company I work for needs something that "anyone" can manage.

i've got 8 or so * freepbx rigs running about 20 locations out there, and i still spend time in the * console....

i would say maybe look in to 3CX, i've heard a lot of good things about it, i think it checks all your boxes...

I would clarify that "anyone can manage" part, it might be an erroneous constraint. When I've heard this, it usually means that "anyone can manage the extensions". The idea being that the normal day to day stuff can be managed by the secretary. Which makes sense; it's unreasonable to expect said same secretary to manage the trunks.

If that's the case, then freepbx or asterisknow! might fit the bill. You could get paid support for this after all, and a secretary could manage the basics.

I'm pretty happy with multiple instances of freepbx distro. Paid support is available, but not required.

"anyone" should never be allowed to touch important network/system infrastructure. If the company is small enough to not have IT staff, then hire a hosted pbx solution. If you have IT staff, then they should be able to figure it out.

shmoozecom sells * with freepbx boxes, i'm sure you could pay them to do anything in the console you needed to...

they're the commercial company behind freepbx distro and they know their stuff...

We use Elastix and SipXecs. I know Elastix has paid support available, and I believe SipXecs does as well.

We are a Mitel shop with their virtual offering, pretty easy to manage and we run SIP trunks.

As someone who absolutely hates anything open source (cept pfsense <3 ) I tried out 3CX in a lab and it works great. Windows based and its web interface is about as straight forward as you can get.

We're currently on a hosted phone system, but the day that comes in house 3CX will probably be my choice.

I've got more than a couple 3CX systems out there, running great even with the server virtualized. I think it's reasonalbly priced considering its potential and the userfriendly-ness of it. Most of my clients got the basics in about 15 minutes. Some are running off of POTS lines and one is connected to a Comcast PRI. All pretty bulletproof. I've pretty-much standardized on the Yealink phones as they're cheap, easy to use and reliable.

How big of a system (how many phones/locations/trunk types)? Do you need UC features? IP or TDM?

I've got more than a couple 3CX systems out there, running great even with the server virtualized. I think it's reasonalbly priced considering its potential and the userfriendly-ness of it. Most of my clients got the basics in about 15 minutes. Some are running off of POTS lines and one is connected to a Comcast PRI. All pretty bulletproof. I've pretty-much standardized on the Yealink phones as they're cheap, easy to use and reliable.

pfsense openvpn + openvpn client export package + yealink phones = buttah

pfsense openvpn + openvpn client export package + yealink phones = buttah

I bet you rsync gzip'd backups over your friend's cable line to his home file server via cronjob eh?

I'm surprised nobody uses cloud-hosted PBX. It works great for me.

I bet you rsync gzip'd backups over your friend's cable line to his home file server via cronjob eh?

I don't like the amount of infrastructure that's out of my control with internet-based VoIP solutions. I can't offer my clients a downtime guarantee.

dafuq? are you implying that VPN phones arent common for remote users?

And you may want to read my previous post in this thread.

I don't like the amount of infrastructure that's out of my control with internet-based VoIP solutions. I can't offer my clients a downtime guarantee.

I know and I agree with you. I am surprised to at least not see ONE though.

dafuq? are you implying that VPN phones arent common for remote users?

And you may want to read my previous post in this thread.

They are common. I just have no faith in solutions like pfsense/openvpn in the enterprise so I like giving engineers grief who choose to use them.

Back