Paypal Leaks Steam’s Upcoming Winter Sale, To Be Launched On December 22nd

Unless something on my wish-list goes for 10-20%, I'm done spending money on Steams sale-a-go-round....

Ummm, where's the leak? I was expecting that they leaked what the sale prices would be. I don't think anyone was doubting there would be a sale. This is like saying that a store will have a black friday ad, without indicating what's in it.

Ummm, where's the leak? I was expecting that they leaked what the sale prices would be. I don't think anyone was doubting there would be a sale. This is like saying that a store will have a black friday ad, without indicating what's in it.

they never announce when the sale will happen and they change the dates every year. use your brain.

they never announce when the sale will happen and they change the dates every year. use your brain.

Sir, every Steam sale gets leaked. Just as dates in the year change based on the solar calendar.... Don't accost someone for no reason

Starting in about 30 minutes! As usual, give them 10-15 minutes to get the site switched over or there will be a huge traffic jam.

My understanding it they’re changing things up this year, no more flash sales or daily deals. It’ll be like the last day the whole time, with the best deals on everything staying the same the whole 2 weeks.

I have a feeling this means we’re going to get slightly better base rates, but no really amazing deals like in the past. Think the days of getting 75-90% off deals are officially gone now, but hopefully I’m wrong about that.

I’m just hoping I can get a couple titles from my wish-list for 50% off or better.
Hoping to pick up: Just Cause 3, Rocket League, AC:Unity, Far Cry 4, and maybe a few others.

Still won't load for me on mobile. Guess they're getting pounded as usual.

This sale sucks, there are no daily deals. Just a bunch of fixed sales going on a for week. Anything I'd consider buying is only 15-20% off, which is not enough to make me grow my backlog.

So far the only thing I've bought is the XCOM EU/EW bundle for $10.

I was hoping GTA5 would go down to $25 and Divinity OS would go down to $15 as those are the only 'big money' games I want. Probably gonna pick up red orchestra 2, alpha protocol, and flight sim X to add to the pile of games i don't have time to play.

This sale sucks, there are no daily deals. Just a bunch of fixed sales going on a for week. Anything I'd consider buying is only 15-20% off, which is not enough to make me grow my backlog.

Blame the guy that sued Valve and Rockstar for GTA V being priced weirdly in a Steam Daily Sale. I doubt you will ever see it again.

Blame the guy that sued Valve and Rockstar for GTA V being priced weirdly in a Steam Daily Sale. I doubt you will ever see it again.

Haven't heard of that, I thought there would be more of a media backlash for something of that magnitude.

Damn I wanted to pick up Dirt Rally, but it's only 15% off. Also X-Plane, but at 50% off it's still €30, which is way more that I'm willing to pay for a formerly free game.
And I wanted to buy Dragon Age II, then I realized it's not on steam, then I realized there is no GOTY, so I'd have to get all the DLCs separately for it, then I realized that it's not even discounted on Origin. So yeah, you get the picture.
I also wanted to get the single player DLCs for Dragon Age Inquisition, but damn you EA, those are only 33% off, which makes the 3 dlcs cost exactly as much as they sell the GOTY for, which includes all the DLCs already, even the loot DLCs. But no I won't buy the whole game again, I already bought the Collectors edition at release. so FU.

Better off waiting on humble bundles. Done with steam sales

Steam sales are terrible, they used to be great five years ago. Now GMG and gray market vendors beat steam in pricing. Steam is overloaded with early access abandonware.

Speaking of Steam, it seems to be getting slammed right now. I'm trying to send a gift but can't.

Back