PayPal Hates on Hate and Haters that get Paid for Hate and Hating

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the bakers case he discriminated against someone based on their sexuality.

If I remember, the right to refuse is only if it's not against race, gender, age, religion, or sexual preferences.

So the bakers should be able to refuse to service them on the basis of their liberal political views then.

Works both ways if it's going to be ok for PayPal ?

If I remember, the right to refuse is only if it's not against race, gender, age, religion, or sexual preferences.
But it was also against his religious beliefs.
Which outweighs more? The sexual preference of the customer or the religious beliefs of the store owner?
And why was this particular christian baker targeted? Try going into a musilim bakery and ask for a gay wedding cake. fairly sure the same thing will happen.

Last edited:
Commies, Nazis, Extreme Right, Extreme Left - just 2 sides of the same coin.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaulP
like this
Which outweighs more? The sexual preference of the customer or the religious beliefs of the store owner?
And why was this particular christian baker targeted? Try going into a musilim bakery and ask for a gay wedding cake. fairly sure the dame thing will happen.

Personally I think refusing someone service for any reason thats not disruptive to ones business is poor business practice. However I do think they have the right to be stupid. The real problem here, IMO, is that the baker (and Paypal to tie this all together) are doing whats called "holding out" as a service to the public. You put forth an expectation to service the public so you really dont get a choice to pick and chose what the public means. Private organizations on the other hand discriminate all the time...

Well it will be argued that it somehow violates the baker's religious principles. It will be interesting to see what the Court says. I have a feeling that the Court will side with the baker. But who knows.

Can you guys define "alt-left"? Antifa is a violent fringe left wing group that deserves to be described as so and should get focus. Alt-Right was created by the leader of the White Nationalists trying to soften image so they weren't so blatantly racists when trying to recruit . Alt-Left was coined by those trying to soften Alt-Right like it's ok...

So what is Alt-Left other than propaganda spewed in a bizarre stream of consciousness by the President yesterday and his new best pal Hannity? I call a spade a spade, the alt-right are racist bigots looking for white supremacy and Antifa is a potentially dangerous extremist group who shouldn't be swept under the rug or championed. But there isn't an "alt-left".

As to Paypal - businesses should be able to choose who they do business with. Remember Gay Cake? Or Hobby Lobby? Or Chick-Filet? Just saying...

I agree there is no alt left. There is the left, and there is the self identified "progressive" left. Who are such an authoritarian fascistic hate mob, that they put the actual WWII nazis to shame. And I don't mean the German foot soldiers, I mean the intellectual leaders of the nazi party.

And why was this particular christian baker targeted? Try going into a musilim bakery and ask for a gay wedding cake. fairly sure the dame thing will happen.

They'd not only turn you away, they'd probably follow you home and murder you and then steal your money.

As for the baker, I side with him. He accepted the couple, and said he'd sell them anything but a wedding cake because that is against his beliefs. He didn't flat out refuse their service, and they should of thanked him for his time and moved on.

He respected their beliefs and asked him to respect his. They didn't and now they're fighting him.

It's not a straight line, it's a circle.

If you go far enough to the right, or far enough to the left, you come to the same place.
Basically, in order to build the kind of governments needed to enact the ideologies of the far Right or far Left, those governments need to have a lot of power. That's why the extremes on both sides are increasingly Statist in nature. Normal people don't usually hold to extreme ideologies, so they need to be *made* to follow them, one way or another.

And religious principles are more important now than actual principles?
Most religions are just an idea coined in the iron age, it shouldn't have protection under law. And more importantly someone's chosen religion shouldn't have power over someone else.
Religious principles are real principles. You're talking about a country that was largely started because of religious freedoms.

And why was this particular christian baker targeted? Try going into a musilim bakery and ask for a gay wedding cake. fairly sure the same thing will happen.
Neither, as both are the private matters of each person an shouldn't even factor into a business transaction. If you can't separate your religion from your business then maybe you shouldn't be in business in the first place.

I'm assuming the push to teach Ebonics would be the alt left equivalent to the grammar Nazis ?

I read how some professor correcting grammatical errors on his students' papers a while back was labeled 'racist' and 'oppressive' for doing so, as proper grammar was deemed 'racist' and 'oppressive' - or something. -_-

Basically, in order to build the kind of governments needed to enact the ideologies of the far Right or far Left, those governments need to have a lot of power. That's why the extremes on both sides are increasingly Statist in nature. Normal people don't usually hold to extreme ideologies, so they need to be *made* to follow them, one way or another.

Trying to make me follow an ideology will get you a "fuck you asshole" real quick. I will however respect your right to have a different viewpoint. ;)

Religious principles are real principles. You're talking about a country that was largely started because of religious freedoms.
Yes they are real principles of iron age people, they kind of become obsolete by now.
Principles and morality come from society and they were included in religious scripture reflecting the state of affairs of the time when the texts were written. Some might be good, but there are tons of principles in scripture no believer holds themselves to any longer. Except extremists, but aside from westboro I haven't seen too many christian extremists recently.

Neither, as both are the private matters of each person an shouldn't even factor into a business transaction. If you can't separate your religion from your business then maybe you shouldn't be in business in the first place.
In theory I agree. However in reality, businesses are run by people. It's very difficult to separate people from their beliefs. In turn, asking someone to violate their beliefs almost never happens. A doctor can't be forced to perform an abortion if it's against their religion. A Muslim can't be forced to serve bacon at a restaurant. A Catholic shop can't be forced to sell items to a Satanist. An Amish can't be forced to use technology.

They key to this, I learned long ago, and said it at the end of my post above.

Respect each other's beliefs, and don't force yours onto someone else.

Paypal in this case, is trying to stay neutral and NOT supporting either side, and that is their right.

Yes they are real principles of iron age people, they kind of become obsolete by now.
Principles and morality come from society and they were included in religious scripture reflecting the state of affairs of the time when the texts were written. Some might be good, but there are tons of principles in scripture no believer holds themselves to any longer. Except extremists, but aside from westboro I haven't seen too many christian extremists recently.

Thats your opinion but its not fact. Many people on this planet still see religion as a very important part of their life. You dont have to agree with it but you should respect their choice.

In theory I agree. However in reality, businesses are run by people. It's very difficult to separate people from their beliefs. In turn, asking someone to violate their beliefs almost never happens. A doctor can't be forced to perform an abortion if it's against their religion. A Muslim can't be forced to serve bacon at a restaurant. A Catholic shop can't be forced to sell items to a Satanist. An Amish can't be forced to use technology.

Actually a doctor can be force to perform an abortion if its against his or her religion. They have a duty to protect their patients and to preserve their patients life. They dont get to impose their morals on their patients.

That's what I think, too: more and more, people are taking sides, not rejecting the divisions being formed. This is... not good.

Agreed.

I don't even know. Commies still do... but nazi's had that one time... where there was a lot!

It's Commies in the lead like 5 to 1 at least.

Just start looking into the numbers out of South East Asia following the fall of Vietnam. You know, all those dominoes nobody wants to admit fell.

They made the Nazi's look like second rate posers.

But America was too busy with it's crisis of faith to do anything to help.

And religious principles are more important now than actual principles?
Most religions are just an idea coined in the iron age, it shouldn't have protection under law. And more importantly someone's chosen religion shouldn't have power over someone else.
Not my place to decide that. Just mentioning how I think the case will be presented.

Thats your opinion but its not fact.
Actually it is fact that the bulk of the scriptures of christianity (and other abrahamic religions) were written in the iron age, and even earlier for the old testament.
Many people on this planet still see religion as a very important part of their life. You dont have to agree with it but you should respect their choice.
It is their choice to make it part of their life. However I'm in no way obliged to respect that. Ideas should be challenged and tested all the time, that's how we arrive at better ideas. This notion that religion somehow gets a free pass from scrutiny is ridiculous, and that's the only reason these bad ideas are still preserved. Most people are coerced into thinking at a very young age that faith is somehow a good thing. Well I'm trying to burst that bubble everywhere I go. Faith is the act of believing something without good reason or evidence.

I agree there is no alt left. There is the left, and there is the self identified "progressive" left. Who are such an authoritarian fascistic hate mob, that they put the actual WWII nazis to shame. And I don't mean the German foot soldiers, I mean the intellectual leaders of the nazi party.
What is the difference between Leftists that physically attack folks that don't agree with them as opposed to Rightists that do the same thing?

They key to this, I learned long ago, and said it at the end of my post above.

Respect each other's beliefs, and don't force yours onto someone else.

Paypal in this case, is trying to stay neutral and NOT supporting either side, and that is their right.

I do not think that is what is happening here. The media and democrats have accused a wide swath of right leaning sites and individuals of being racist with no basis for that label. It is watering down the meaning of the term racist. The word is being wielded as a weapon and excuse to shut down people who don't think the same way. Take this to its logical conclusion. If you are not in lockstep with the leftist, SJW groupthink you risk being ostracized, having your business protested and shut down. We are not far off from being in a place that is worse than communist Russia. Decent, rational people need to start pushing back.

Actually it is fact that the bulk of the scriptures of christianity (and other abrahamic religions) were written in the iron age, and even earlier for the old testament.

It is their choice to make it part of their life. However I'm in no way obliged to respect that. Ideas should be challenged and tested all the time, that's how we arrive at better ideas. This notion that religion somehow gets a free pass from scrutiny is ridiculous, and that's the only reason these bad ideas are still preserved. Most people are coerced into thinking at a very young age that faith is somehow a good thing. Well I'm trying to burst that bubble everywhere I go. Faith is the act of believing something without good reason or evidence.
You can't challenge beliefs because they're not based on facts or evidence, that's why they're beliefs.
Let's say I believe in reincarnation. How can you possibly challenge that?

Well, barring religion, there's also the matter of participating in situations that make you uncomfortable. If someone feels uncomfortable in some situation, why should he be forced to participate in it?
Thanks, now you got me remembering the "dog collar incident."

Why is it that when things just start to settle down somebody decides to start throwing their agenda at people and suddenly everyone is pissed off?

You haven't seen the violent alt left in action for the past few years? Years?

You know what I see? Paid agitators, anarchists and lazy millennials with nothing better to do (low IQ the lot of them, I know plenty of normal left leaning people that don't buy into this garbage) starting the violence. And the media egging them on. POTUS calls it out, and gets labeled a racist. OF COURSE I don't agree with these neonatzee's! Not every right leaning person is a "sympathizer" or "bigot", these are small percentages on both sides being lol trumped up, by the media. I don't know if this is on purpose to create news, or to cause something worse.

Am I allowed to say that?

"Alt-left" doesn't exist. Just an extension of the same morally bankrupt "both-sides-ism."

False equivalence between a few antifa who go too far and a whole cottage industry of neo-Confederate/neo-Nazi thugs who've been peddling their ideology for hundreds of years is willful blindness at best.

Yes, violent leftists should be punished. But to act as if they are of the same scale, with the same influence, as the alt-right and their ilk is just foolish.

"Alt-left" doesn't exist. Just an extension of the same morally bankrupt "both-sides-ism."

False equivalence between a few antifa who go too far and a whole cottage industry of neo-Confederate/neo-Nazi thugs who've been peddling their ideology for hundreds of years is willful blindness at best.

Yes, violent leftists should be punished. But to act as if they are of the same scale, with the same influence, as the alt-right and their ilk is just foolish.

In the public eye, Antifa are the ones having a party for quite some time now. How many riots have we seen from them?

For the last 10 years the Nazis have been fading into obscurity which has been happening for years. It's largely a no action group. I can recall riots and violent protests from the left continuously over this past decade.
You're right. It's not even a close comparison.

Well, barring religion, there's also the matter of participating in situations that make you uncomfortable. If someone feels uncomfortable in some situation, why should he be forced to participate in it?
Why? "Tolerance."

Apparently the meaning of tolerance has changed, now you need to accept the idea you're tolerating, encourage it, and participate happily. Anything less and you're a bigot.

In the public eye, Antifa are the ones having a party for quite some time now. How many riots have we seen from them?
The correct response to vulgarity of despicable speech is to laugh at them, and speak truth. It is not to commit violent assault. Antifa commits violence on the regular. I have rarely seen a Nazi attack anyone physically before being attacked first. Antifa plays into the hands of Nazis. They are violent, and they are dumb. Nazis are often only dumb, and not violent. Nazis are better than Antifa.

The GTX 295 was overly complicated and way over-priced video card. I feel like a moron for buying one when they first came out.

You can't challenge beliefs because they're not based on facts or evidence, that's why they're beliefs.
And that's exactly why it shouldn't affect our daily lives at all, because it's not grounded in reality, therefore it has no bearing on reality.
Let's say I believe in reincarnation. How can you possibly challenge that?
The burden of proof is always with the one making the claim. I can't challenge an assertion. I can challenge the reasoning behind it. That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back