PayPal Hates on Hate and Haters that get Paid for Hate and Hating

Status
Not open for further replies.
hardocp is becoming more like breitbart everyday. Maybe stop siding with racist, sexists and other disgusting people and stick to tech
There is no such thing at "alt left"
That is just a junk term created by breitbart and infowars.

True.. but pretty much if there was an alt-left they would just be a huge mob of people killing everybody that doesn't agree with them.

As it is, the regular left is batshit crazy and so is the mainstream media who refuse to cover anything bad that is done by their political party of choice... the demoncrats.

Soooo let me get this straight. You post political articles and then get mad when people make political comments?

This has been problematic for me, both in being a forum admin (not here) and a forum commenter/contributor. Contributing to the discussion within these bounds often ends up being completely objective. Without intending to, moderators can actually contribute to mental/emotional abuse.

only if the political comments go against theirs. Right wing comments and racist posters get to keep their stuff up

I'd certainly hope not, but that's very possible. Receiving cognitive dissonance from previously unknown facts and opinions is part of the learning process. With such insulation, all forums can end up with echo chamber effects that mimic the extremism that white nationalists have recently been displaying.

Violence begets violence. All these "alt-left" groups are in direct response to violence perpetrated against them. I know all you nazi sympathizers would prefer to have them roll over and take it. Charlotteville was a protest over a lawn ornament, where the right came with shields and weapons ready to do war, looking for a fight. I guess five dead and dozens injured is not to bad, again over a metal garden gnome. So take a long hard look at yourself and really think about would these groups exist without that external threat while you "unite the right". The right has been screaming for a war, and a war i'm sure we will all get. You really should be careful what you wish for.

Getting that off my chest feels good. Those of us in the middle that see these things just escalating are going to be the real losers when everything is said and done. I would have never considered having a bug out bag or an escape plan. Now I keep a weapon near me as much as possible and a plan for if SHTF.

I kind of roll my eyes when people say these statues celebrate nazis or opression etc. How about its recognizing our history? I see people who want to disavow the founding fathers because they owned slaves. Even going so far as to call Jefferson a "fucking asshole" or a "piece of shit" when he is one of the very reasons we enjoy our freedoms today. I oppose such views but it makes me very unpopular for saying it. What most people dont realise is that their behaviour was perfectly normal by the standards of their time. Heck they themselves even recognized the need to change...they just chose to have a country so they *could* change...

You haven't seen the violent alt left in action for the past few years? Years?

Or maybe like...yesterday when they physically destroyed public property in protest.

Well said, Kyle. Don't give in to these pressures from the left, maintain your integrity. Just cause you have a brain and can actually analyse situations and asses them, does not make you a far-right extremist or any of the epithets attributed to you. I like that [H] is quite objective politically, not succumbing to the liberal nonsense like Engadget.

And to someone who mentioned alt-left as being a myth. Well, it is as much a myth and a construct of the media and politics as the alt-right. Antifa, alt-left, radical left, call it what you want but there is a group of people on the extreme left whose agendas are extremely dangerous and they do not strain from violence at all.

cheers all

It is my hope that the majority of people in this country, regardless of political leaning, are beginning to see the oppressive squelching ideas coming from people who are looking to weaponize the terms racism and hate speech. Essentially we are seeing the breakdown of free discussion by tossing around labels at anyone who doesn't go along.

It is my hope that the majority of people in this country, regardless of political leaning, are beginning to see the oppressive squelching ideas coming from people who are looking to weaponize the terms racism and hate speech. Essentially we are seeing the breakdown of free discussion by tossing around labels at anyone who doesn't go along.

Except I dont think this is happening. I think people are polarizing and a minority of us are stuck going "hey...this is wrong..."

It amuses me that a group calling itself antifa (short for anti-fascist) actually behaves more like fascists than the groups they rail and fight against. I wonder if the people in this group even know what "fascist" means (beyond being people who do not think like they do, which is quite ironic).

In any case, you do not win here by being part of the polarized extremes.

Racism is real - but you cannot cure racism (alt-right) by replacing it with a different, equally racist world view (BLM, Antifa)
You do not cure hate with hate.
And disagreeing with someone is not the same things as "hating" them. That is just childish.

I think it is noble that PayPal is choosing not to enable groups that hate. I think it is despicable that they only listed groups on one side of the issue and have clearly chosen sides, remaining perfectly happy to empower politically correct hate groups.

Violence begets violence. All these "alt-left" groups are in direct response to violence perpetrated against them. I know all you nazi sympathizers would prefer to have them roll over and take it.

Damn, dude. "Nazi sympathizers". The Nazi's out there are fighting and claiming they are being oppressed by minorities and fighting against violence. And, you're saying that the "alt-left" groups are doing the same thing. Fighting against the violence and oppression from the Nazi's.

I sympathize with no one. I don't support those on the alt-left, that doesn't make me a Nazi sympathizer (well, to you it does). I don't support the Nazi's, either. Neither side is right, neither side is doing anything good (both claim to be doing good and fighting oppression, though). The extreme sides are always oppressed. They are always being brought down by someone else. Fuck em both. If they could be contained and not fuck with other people, it'd be great.

So do we have a pro-fascist group we can support since the anti-fascist one is evil? /s

Paypal getting all political now. I'm sure that will work out well for them.

Boooo. Just because Antifa sucks doesn't mean someone supports fascism.

Paypal has always been political. Just left leaning.

Can you guys define "alt-left"? Antifa is a violent fringe left wing group that deserves to be described as so and should get focus. Alt-Right was created by the leader of the White Nationalists trying to soften image so they weren't so blatantly racists when trying to recruit . Alt-Left was coined by those trying to soften Alt-Right like it's ok...

So what is Alt-Left other than propaganda spewed in a bizarre stream of consciousness by the President yesterday and his new best pal Hannity? I call a spade a spade, the alt-right are racist bigots looking for white supremacy and Antifa is a potentially dangerous extremist group who shouldn't be swept under the rug or championed. But there isn't an "alt-left".

As to Paypal - businesses should be able to choose who they do business with. Remember Gay Cake? Or Hobby Lobby? Or Chick-Filet? Just saying...

Well said, Kyle. Don't give in to these pressures from the left, maintain your integrity. Just cause you have a brain and can actually analyse situations and asses them, does not make you a far-right extremist or any of the epithets attributed to you. I like that [H] is quite objective politically, not succumbing to the liberal nonsense like Engadget.

And to someone who mentioned alt-left as being a myth. Well, it is as much a myth and a construct of the media and politics as the alt-right. Antifa, alt-left, radical left, call it what you want but there is a group of people on the extreme left whose agendas are extremely dangerous and they do not strain from violence at all.

cheers all
We argue politics all the time in the Soapbox sub...for days.

LOL, Kyle in this thread:

200.gif

Commies murdured more people, but for some reason it is acceptable to waive the hammer and sickle in the US.

Seems just so odd that with all the Hitler/Nazi hate (which is good) that a second ideology that murdured more people is not equally reviled.
Commies have better PR. You have several people in this thread already taking "Nothing to see here" stance wrt Antifa. Anyone with a brain knows better but sets progress in any conversation back.

Antifa will continue to get a pass, and things will simply escalate until there's an event where there'll be a dozen dead on both sides. If not one intervenes at that point, then If/When they run out of Nazis, they will move onto the next group.

From Antifa at the Berkeley riots.
c3ownyyueaeeev2.jpg

Alt Left, Alt Right. I'm thinking either keyboard shortcuts or extremists.

Both I don't like. My hand can't stretch to make an Alt + Left Arrow, and extremists need voice that's relative to the amount in their little groups.

Although, I do think it's a dick move to have a protest on 9/11.

hardocp is becoming more like breitbart everyday. Maybe stop siding with racist, sexists and other disgusting people and stick to tech

I live next to Portland Oregon moron, there is ABSOLUTELY a hate group on the "alt-left" called AntiFail.

Reactions: Madoc
like this
dit - does the alt-left and alt-right use...... alt-coins? :D (I'll see myself out)
Some group picked up the goatse domain and will be having a goatse coin hitting the mining market soon. I presume this would be their currency.

Can you guys define "alt-left"? Antifa is a violent fringe left wing group that deserves to be described as so and should get focus. Alt-Right was created by the leader of the White Nationalists trying to soften image so they weren't so blatantly racists when trying to recruit . Alt-Left was coined by those trying to soften Alt-Right like it's ok...

So what is Alt-Left other than propaganda spewed in a bizarre stream of consciousness by the President yesterday and his new best pal Hannity? I call a spade a spade, the alt-right are racist bigots looking for white supremacy and Antifa is a potentially dangerous extremist group who shouldn't be swept under the rug or championed. But there isn't an "alt-left".

As to Paypal - businesses should be able to choose who they do business with. Remember Gay Cake? Or Hobby Lobby? Or Chick-Filet? Just saying...
Alt Left, Alt Right. I'm thinking either keyboard shortcuts or extremists.

Both I don't like. My hand can't stretch to make an Alt + Left Arrow, and extremists need voice that's relative to the amount in their little groups.

Although, I do think it's a dick move to have a protest on 9/11.
It's not alt-left; it's ctrl-left. Alt-right and ctrl-left.

Alt-right wasn't even heard of until this year. When that was coined they coined Alt-left. This is all BS because what it should be called is Extremists versus Extremists. They are hate groups, BOTH of them, to not view both as the same is just irresponsible. These guys wouldn't even have the backing if the stupid media wouldn't cover it and BLOW IT UP. The media is actually driving the wedge in this country believe it or not because the more they label one group the more another gains traction. They are pouring propane on a blazing inferno.

Alt-right wasn't even heard of until this year. When that was coined they coined Alt-left. This is all BS because what it should be called is Extremists versus Extremists. They are hate groups, BOTH of them, to not view both as the same is just irresponsible. These guys wouldn't even have the backing if the stupid media wouldn't cover it and BLOW IT UP. The media is actually driving the wedge in this country believe it or not because the more they label one group the more another gains traction. They are pouring propane on a blazing inferno.
The labeling and mis-labeling is getting nuts.
Alt-right and alt-left are superfluous terms. The left believes in identity politics, which is a staple of the alt-right. Throwing nazis in with the alt-right is a bit weird and new. I've heard Richard Spensor say that nazis hate him, and yet he's thrown in with the nazis.
At this point, i don't really care their ideologies and how they're different. Anyone that promotes or causes violence needs to be put down. If they want to be peaceful then i don't see a problem with them no matter what they believe.
How do you classify kekistanis? Blm?

Reactions: PaulP
like this
Paypal is a business, and don't business' have the right to refuse service?

You would think so except apparently that may not be the case. See Kyles earlier post about the cake issue. I guess we really cant have our cake and eat it ;)

Pyramids gotta come down , talk about slave labor representation.

Also DC in general has to go , Washington , Jefferson etc all were slave owners.

Paypal needs to make sure and just not accept any transactions from any state that didn't vote their way too to remain consistent since if you didnt vote for the witch you are a Nazi , woman hating , racist ( someone still needs to let m Asian wife who didn't vote for her how that works )

Seriously though , from the press going apeshit over anything Trump to PayPal and others going far left , they're just ensuring another Trump win in 2020 as they can't seem to grasp they are scaring more people that don't live in CA and NY.

You would think so except apparently that may not be the case. See Kyles earlier post about the cake issue. I guess we really cant have our cake and eat it ;)

In the bakers case he discriminated against someone based on their sexuality.

If I remember, the right to refuse is only if it's not against race, gender, age, religion, or sexual preferences.

Pyramids gotta come down , talk about slave labor representation.

Also DC in general has to go , Washington , Jefferson etc all were slave owners.

Paypal needs to make sure and just not accept any transactions from any state that didn't vote their way too to remain consistent since if you didnt vote for the witch you are a Nazi , woman hating , racist ( someone still needs to let m Asian wife who didn't vote for her how that works )

Seriously though , from the press going apeshit over anything Trump to PayPal and others going far left , they're just ensuring another Trump win in 2020 as they can't seem to grasp they are scaring more people that don't live in CA and NY.

Well I will support the fact that DC just has to go ;).

But yeah...its crazy with what some people just dont realise how they arent just wrong but are also spreading hate of their own kind...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back