PayPal Confirmed Address Issue, Can't Send Funds

Cecil

Supreme [H]ardness
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5...quires-you-to-include-a-shipping/td-p/1009365

That's what I'm getting trying to send someone a payment. I've never seen that before and had no problems sending money to someone else earlier. Anyone encounter this before?

The link says classic site worked, but pretty sure classic site has been gone for a while now (link is two years old). Also says confirmed addresses is no longer a thing either.

I've tried in the mobile app as well and got the same error.

Classic site still works, tried it a few weeks ago. I haven't encountered that problem yet.

Got a link to classic? It used to have one at the bottom of the main page but isn't there anymore.

I actually couldn't get to it anymore. The only thing I could do is click a link(from google) that would show my history in the classic style so it's still sorta possible I just don't really know what the trick is sorry.

Having the payee send you an invoice might be the only work around............

Fish

That likely won't work anymore either....seems they fixed that bug.

I just came across this issue a week or 2 ago making a large purchase.
Exact same error.
The classic site didn't work, the mobile app didn't work.
Had the seller send an invoice, didn't work.

I fixed it by calling paypal. Took 10 minutes on hold, 2 minutes with a rep.

What is happening is this-

When your credit/whatever card on your account expires and you change it, or is changed for another reason, it de-auths your address. It is no longer a confirmed address. However, the website will NOT tell you this. In fact, if you check addresses, it shows your address as there and confirmed.
It's on the back end. And it's a bug.
The only way to fix it currently is call, and they can see on their end that the address is now unconfirmed. It doesn't mater how long the address is there, or how long you've used it, or if it's been on ebay etc.... whatever. Doesn't mater. When the card info changed, the address was marked unconfirmed. (since the card is what's used to verify the address to begin with)

In my case, it was very simple. They texted a confirmation code to my phone, I read them the code, 30 seconds later sent the payment successfully. Simple as that.

So, I hope this helps. Hopefully someday they fix it, but who knows.

But yeah, a call to paypal is in order.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5...quires-you-to-include-a-shipping/td-p/1009365

That's what I'm getting trying to send someone a payment. I've never seen that before and had no problems sending money to someone else earlier. Anyone encounter this before?

The link says classic site worked, but pretty sure classic site has been gone for a while now (link is two years old). Also says confirmed addresses is no longer a thing either.

I've tried in the mobile app as well and got the same error.

PM your login and password and I'll see what I can do.

Leslie.

[H] Paypal Unofficial Support

Back