Paypal & Canada

Airtrack

Limp Gawd
Hey guys,

Back in the day I was able to score some great deals on here as I live in Canada but I live close enough to the border and opened up a mailbox there to receive packages from sellers.
This helped save on shipping and duties.

Now I believe there is no seller protection if I ask them to ship to my US address as only my Canadian address is verified. It used to let me add a secondary address (american one) but not any longer.

I've even offered to pay by paypal gift but they probably think I'm some kinda scammer after that =(

Am I hooped in getting the good deals now or is there still a way to grab something from For/Sale without being hosed with duties? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

With low Heat it's going to be a bit harder....for someone with a lot of positive Heatware feedback, I have no issue shipping to an unconfirmed address as long as the item is relatively cheap. Maybe some reservation for something expensive, but for anything cheap-ish no concerns.
No way to get the US address verified? Any chance of calling PP & explaining your situation to them?

With low Heat it's going to be a bit harder....for someone with a lot of positive Heatware feedback, I have no issue shipping to an unconfirmed address as long as the item is relatively cheap. Maybe some reservation for something expensive, but for anything cheap-ish no concerns.
No way to get the US address verified? Any chance of calling PP & explaining your situation to them?
I've googled it and it seems there's no way to change the country of the address once you open a Canadian account.

I was hoping that by offering to do paypal gift it would be okay since I'm giving up my buyers rights but I guess the scammers have ruined the good times which is understandable.

Do people usually take eBay feedback into account at all or is heat ware king?

Personally I put more stock in Heatware, because Ebay feedback seems to be less detailed and you can't leave the buyer anything other than positive feedback. Admittedly, I've only ever left positive feedback on Heatware anyways, so perhaps the point is moot.
I'm not too familiar with all of this, but can you open a second PP account to the US address?

I think you need an American bank account to open a US paypal or a SIN number so that wouldn't work for me.
Maybe a PayPal rival will startup soon who knows. Thanks for your thoughts

Back