Payday 2 $9.99 on Steam

Overkill ruined this game with absurd nerfs coupled with insane difficulty increases, IMO. That, and I think they are really trying to milk people with the DLC.

I had a ton of fun with this game on release, but it hardly seems like the same game anymore.

I had a shit ton of fun with this game, regardless of the nerfs and DLC-whoring.

At $10, I'd say its damn worth it.

Overkill ruined this game with absurd nerfs coupled with insane difficulty increases, IMO. That, and I think they are really trying to milk people with the DLC.

I had a ton of fun with this game on release, but it hardly seems like the same game anymore.

Also this game has no form of anti-cheat. Hackers can join your game and change your money into negative billions of dollars.

If you haven't backed up your save you're fucked unless you either hack yourself or find a friendly hacker to help you.

Between that and what feels like a new DLC ever month Overkill is beating their dead horse.

was about to buy it but looks like the hackers have ruin the fun :'( pass

Sucks! I was looking for a game for a soon to be LAN party, but since this seems to be ruined, I guess we'll pass. Shame...

Also this game has no form of anti-cheat. Hackers can join your game and change your money into negative billions of dollars.

If you haven't backed up your save you're fucked unless you either hack yourself or find a friendly hacker to help you.

Between that and what feels like a new DLC ever month Overkill is beating their dead horse.

WOW that is crazier then COD Ghosts hacks..

game is completely broken, dlc whored to hell, and full of hacking. Stay far away.

The game is well worth it if you know some people to play it with. Don't play randomly online though or bad things could happen.

Me and my buddies got a great kick out of this game and we're still playing now. Good stuff.

This

It's classic MMO tactics: make the focus of the game grinding, achievements, and elitism instead of fun, that way players' time investment can be held hostage while you hold the monthly fee/DLC cows in place for milking.

It works in the short term but it creates gigantaurific levels of hatred from your customers.

Its damn near impossible to find 3 total strangers and complete objectives.
If you've got 3 friends and play together all the time its pretty damn fun.
I got mine on sale for $6 on sale last time and while I'm turned off by the amount of DLC coming out with fixes few and far between like giving your safehouse a purpose, its been worth it just because I keep playing with the same group of friends, we all have our class roles which we stick to and we all work well together.
It really CAN be enjoyable.

Game got old fast. You keep playing the exact same levels time after time for no other reason but to grind for unlocks. Once you come to the realization, the game is shit.

I used to play PD 1, most addicting game ever, playing the bank level hundreds of times just to level up.

the hackers thing is pretty lame...are you able to play "single player" and not allow users to join your game? i was seriously considering this game when it got cheap.

the hackers thing is pretty lame...are you able to play "single player" and not allow users to join your game? i was seriously considering this game when it got cheap.

You can set it up so that only friends can join your game, and disable join in progress. Then you'll only play with people you know.

There's no single player mode. It exists, but doesn't actually have a function. No team AI, and you can't play solo.

Well you can technically play with just AI, but the AI does nothing other than shooting cops if/when you go loud. If you try to stealth they just stand around doing nothing...won't carry bags or anything so yeah, it's pretty much pointless to play by yourself.

Ok, so I played around with this game a little bit. If you dont have a group of friends its awful. At least in my opinion. Since I have 4 friends that play, the game rocks!

Was fun for a few hours but thats about it...Would be a lot better if the cops/SWAT were actual human players instead of AI...

Was fun for a few hours but thats about it...Would be a lot better if the cops/SWAT were actual human players instead of AI...

I would love a player vs player version where one team was the cops and one the robbers. At least a mode that allowed this. I still think the game is fun. As long as I am playing with friends.

Back