Pay to access WiFi setup?

Troz

Limp Gawd
I live on a tiny island and a local restarant wants to set up a pay-to-use WiFi hotspot. Anyone have any experience with this? Looking for a very simple setup that can spit out a receipt with the access code. He would want to do hourly, daily and weekly rates.

When I say simple I mean "so easy a caveman can do it" simple because most of the staff can surf the web and that's it.

tmobile and most hotels have a web based setup to where when you pay and its charged it automatically works.

something like that should work out.

When I was supporting hotels that had free and paid for wi fi we had a gateway server setup.

We had Nomadix AG 300 & AG 5000 gateway servers that were connected to the network. So when customer wanted net, they connected to the wireless. They opened a page, and it directed them to a "portal" page. On this page they could pay via CC, or enter in a "CODE" that was obtained from the front desk. They entered the code and poof they were on the net.

The admin site of the gateways were really nice! You could do alot with them. You could outright ban em from the entire network, throttle there BW etc. Good times :)

http://www.nomadix.com/products/

This may be a little overboard, but it may lead you in the right direction! :)

Good luck!

Back