PAX X-Fi drivers

OFaceSIG

2[H]4U
Anyone using PAX drivers with their older X-Fi ti pci-e and X-fi pci in w7? Creative seems to strip down the downloadable version versus what originally came on the CD and these claim to restore all the features.

Never heard of them. So they're supposed to let you install everything without the CD?

Since the CD is so outdated I have to do a combination of things to get full functionality. It was only a few weeks ago but the THX configuration is one thing I can remember not being installed from the drivers or in the web updater.

Last time I installed I used just the downloaded driver (beta) and then I had to run the install disc and uncheck everything I didn't want, including the driver, to get the THX configuration app to install.

Yes these are supposed to be all the latest drivers bundled with all the latest utilities. I don't know if they do anything performance wise however. Less cpu utilization, etc.

Don't install these. The guy who makes them has no real understanding of windows programming and sound drivers. Check the creative forums where he frequents and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Back