Paul Manafort Couldn’t Figure Out How to Convert PDFs to Word Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
An unsealed indictment has revealed that campaign manager Paul Manafort, who has been charged with money laundering, essentially incriminated himself because he did not know how to convert PDFs to Word files. A paper trail was left when he bounced documents back and forth with his business associate for editing, which made things easy for the prosecution.

In Manafort’s defense, converting documents to and from Word could be easier. Not having tried it for a while, I attempted to transform my Word draft of this blog post into a PDF. I confess that I did fumble a bit at first (it’s been a while), but I eventually managed to get the job done. According to my stopwatch, the full ordeal took me 42 seconds.

LOL. That's too funny. But not surprising some people just don't seem to be able to use search engines. I suspect a mental block. Anyway glad he was incompetent...but then they usually screw something up, that's how they get caught.

Still not as funny as Kyle not knowing the difference between socket 2011 square and 2011 ILM.

I will not make a click through hyperlink joke.

What an idiot, he should have called up Hilary and asked her to bleach the files :shifty: or use a washing machine.

He wasn't hired as a Campaign Manager because of his IT skills. I probably wouldn't want to hire an IT person for a campaign manager slot. Given the convoluted morass of federal laws on money transfer, lobbying, and campaigning, everyone that has ran for office, managed a campaign or lobbied has probably broken some law, regulation or rule in the process. In his case, he had the misfortune to have worked for a Russian when Russians became scapegoat #1 for Hillary's impressive loss in 2016. But has long as he has worked in and around Washington politics, he should have known better and hired better assistants and advisory lawyers.

Reactions: PaulP
like this
Word to PDF is the easy part. PDF to word is not as straight forward. While I do have an Adobe subscription to convert but out of the box it isn't straight forward and I'm not keen on additional 3rd party progs.
That's what I'm thinking, especially since "Save as PDF" is an option in the drop down menu.

That's what I'm thinking, especially since "Save as PDF" is an option in the drop down menu.
His issue was “save as word”

The dude could of used DuckDuckGo, Bing, Google to figure it out too. I mean, he’s involved with laundering millions of dollars. It’s not like he was searching “how do I launder millions using PDF to Word conversion.”

Word to PDF is the easy part. PDF to word is not as straight forward. While I do have an Adobe subscription to convert but out of the box it isn't straight forward and I'm not keen on additional 3rd party progs.

I don't understand. Click file open, point to the pdf file, click ok when it ask if you want to convert it. Has been part of office for awhile now. Don't need Acrobat or any other software.

I can't even laugh that hard. Someone I worked with years ago thought changing the file extension from *.doc to *.pdf made her word docs PDFs. This only came to light after a large number of clients started bitching about invoices being corrupted.

I don't understand. Click file open, point to the pdf file, click ok when it ask if you want to convert it. Has been part of office for awhile now. Don't need Acrobat or any other software.
"Mind Blown"................. I have nothing else to say. I was even asking the wife if she knew and she had no clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back