Patriot LLK vs ELK?

Star Fox

Limp Gawd
I was wondering if anyone knows the performance difference between Patriot's LLK modules and their ELK modules (PDC22G6400ELK and PDC22G6400LLK to be specific).

I'd think that the LLK (low latency) ones would be better for overclocking and the ELK (eased latency) modules would bet better for value memory, but the box description on the LLK says "A perfect mix of Quality and Value" and the ELK box says "Gaming Memory for Extreme Overclockers.

Can anyone who has worked with these sticks help me out?

Thanks for the input, but I am looking for a more informative comparison between the two.

For example, the LLK runs ddr2-800 @ 4-4-4-12 timings and requires 2.2v, but the ELK runs ddr2-800 @ 5-5-4-9 timings with only 1.9v (taken from Patriot spec sheets).
Does this mean that the ELK has some headroom for OC'ing that the LLK doesn't? If so, does anyone know how much?

Gamers need the tight timings more than the high frequency, thus the LLK. OCers need the headroom the higher frequency provides, thus the ELK. I've read that this Patriot pc2-6400LLK kit is very flexible either direction (a regular younger Elton John) so I'd say you can't go wrong choosing that. I suggest you fire off an email to their tech support and ask them. That's what I did before buying their pc2-8500 (PDC22G8500ELK) for my Striker Extreme and they got back to me within hours. I've been loving this kit, too. I only took it to 1100, but it didn't even hiccup at that speed and 4-3-4-11 2T. Here's the link if you're interested. Best of luck!

http://www.patriotmemory.com/support/supportRequestp.jsp

Thanks. :)

I posted on their support forum, so I guess now I'll just wait to hear back.

I have an i7 920, with 12 gigs of tri channel ddr3. My first batch of 6 gigs is model number PC336G1333ELK the second batch is the LLK variant. Is there a way to config these so they work together. System runs fine I am just seeing only 8 gigs of my 12. Thanks

Back