Patriot 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 Mem PGV38G1333ELK $9.99 + tax AR at MC in store only

nanotechy

Limp Gawd
Thanks to OP at Fat Wallet,

Microcenter has Patriot Sector 5 8GB (2 x 4GB) memory (PGV38G1333ELK / 197632) for $34.99. If you can find it in store, it should ring as $34.99 + tax. There is $25.00 rebate on this memory so final price after rebate will be:

$34.99 + tax - $25.00 = $9.99 + tax

Product Link

Rebate Link

Are these Mems any good? No comments there yet.

Am thinking of using them with the Gigabyte X58a SonDa5 posted here.

*reupping my "I Hate Micorcenter" Club fees*

lol...but seriously, I hate that place..lol

It's not worth me driving 2 hours round trip to get this, if it was close I'd buy a couple of them

This is a similar deal was on NEWEGG yesterday execept the one one NEWEGG was a SODIMM.

The RAM dissapeared from my cart while i was chechking out beacuse all of them SOLD out in mins!

This is a similar deal was on NEWEGG yesterday execept the one one NEWEGG was a SODIMM.

The RAM dissapeared from my cart while i was chechking out beacuse all of them SOLD out in mins!

Finny76,

Would you kindly discuss the difference between the SODIMM and this one? What might be some of the advantages of one over the other? Thanks

Finny76,

Would you kindly discuss the difference between the SODIMM and this one? What might be some of the advantages of one over the other? Thanks

SODIMM = mini version, usually used for laptops or size-constrained products (like HTPC/media box)

DIMM = for desktops, large size

I bought some for my DFI x58 JR from frys. Had to return them 2 times try different sticks because they were not very stable for me. They wouldn't over clock at all so I returned them.

Great deal though. They may work for you. If not just return them.

Back