Patrick Stewart to Star in New “Star Trek” Series as Jean-Luc Picard on CBS All Access

I singed up for the All Access trial to check out Discovery but had access to nothing. All videos were unavailable. Fuck 'em. From the trailers and clips I've seen, it sucks anyway.

Too bad they're not airing this.

The last season of Enterprise when Manny Coto came back to write for it wasn't bad, too bad it wasn't enough to save it.

well for me it wasn't so much the writing, but rather archer personality/actor was hardly as interesting as say jane way, kirk (old and new) and picard.

It's a safe bet that if Picard returns we'll see Q (John de Lancie) reprise again as well which could prove pretty cool.

Star Trek lives on...

Being bald certainly helps with hiding his age, he doesn't look any older than he was in TNG compared to that photo.

Looking forward to the new series, hopefully it's a more prolonged appearance and not just a cameo.

Go back and watch an episode from TNG from 1992 then go watch logan again he certainly does look older.
I preferred voyager to tng and ds9, the opening cgi was what got my attention. Plus it’s not a racist show as there was a token nigga, gook, native apu and a couple of midgets and many *crackers. NAAC and PETA approved.

Plus, 7 of 9 wears tight shit that shows off her paps admirably. Fuck the story line, I would watch it for that alone.

I Would even fuck janeway if it meant I could stick my face into 7 of 9’s tits whilst she was hooked up to her usb charger.

* edited.

Fucking crackers.

lol how old are you

Sir Sean Connery. The man looked better at 70 than he did at 30.

lmao ya no.

Nobody looks better at 70 than 30 stop that horse shit.

Last edited:
The way they wrote Archer's character was just bad writing. T'Pol was pretty much there only as the equivalent of 7 Of 9 on the show, to be the eye candy for the geeks and nerds. The character that Scott Bakula plays on NCIS: New Orleans is a far better character because the writing for it is miles ahead better.

Reactions: jtm55
like this
Star Trek ended for me when DS9 went off the air. It could be back with new life in this incarnation but CBS pretty much sucks donkey so I don’t have a lot of hope.

A Picard show could be epic in the right hands but this will probably just be a TV-MA string of f-bombs and T&A. There’s enough of that already. Let’s get back to a classy TNG style.

1, What exactly made Star Trek Next Generation racist?

2, But she's white and you don't like white people.

1, They are not an equal opportunity employer. They only allow black people to play Klingons, previously it was a mix of white and black actors, now just black.
That’s some straight up NAACP shit.

I want to be a Klingon, but because I am white, it’s not allowed. I was told that when they were casting, they wouldn’t allow me to apply for the roll of a Klingon because I was white.

Even in the 1990’s that shit was wrong, just ask Stacey Koon. In 2018 its a fucking travesty.

“She’s white, but you don’t like white people”

2, Yeah fuck that shit, admit it, you just made that shit up.

However, I can reliably inform you that I work for the United Colours of Benetton, which instantly makes me non Racist, even if I am, which I am not.

lol how old are you

Old enough to make you type lol on the internet.

You all will happily watch a tv programme in the knowledge that black people and only black people are portrayed as a bunch of blood thirsty animal like barbarians.

But it’s all ok ?

Wtf

Please don't mess this up! But from what I've read, Stewart is pretty much what made TNG what it was - he demanded everyone rise to the high level of quality he was accustomed to as a stage actor, and you can see the improvement as the seasons progressed. I don't think Sir Patrick would put up with it being the drivel we've had to put up with lately.

Exactly, he wouldn't do the show unless certain guidelines were followed. Or involve himself is some haphazard show just to appease the showrunners. You don't fuck with The Picard.

1, They are not an equal opportunity employer. They only allow black people to play Klingons, previously it was a mix of white and black actors, now just black.

I want to be a Klingon, but because I am white, it’s not allowed. I was told that when they were casting, they wouldn’t allow me to apply for the roll of a Klingon because I was white.

Even in the 1990’s that shit was wrong, just ask Stacey Koon. In 2018 its a fucking travesty.

However, I can reliably inform you that I work for the United Colours of Benetton, which instantly makes me non Racist, even if I am, which I am not.

You all will happily watch a tv programme in the knowledge that black people and only black people are portrayed as a bunch of blood thirsty animal like barbarians.

But it’s all ok ?

Wtf

Man.....why is there always someone who brings racism into the dialog. Let this thread be for happy Star Trek fans, please keep politics out of it.

well I think he's just too old to be the lead in a tv series, I mean how many more years has he got?

Oh, gawds no. That actress had all the facial expressiveness of a doorknob.
I didn't have a problem with the actress, but the writing on that show was pretty bad. With the possible exception of Enterprise (*) no Trek has had a lower hit/miss ratio.

(*) I suspect Enterprise would have had a greater Hit/Miss ratio if it hadn't been cancelled. The last season was actually good as I recall.

Exactly, he wouldn't do the show unless certain guidelines were followed. Or involve himself is some haphazard show just to appease the showrunners. You don't fuck with The Picard.

I don't know. He did a bunch of TNG movies and the only truly great one was First Contact. The rest ranged from awful to so-so and the first 2 seasons of TNG aren't very good (though they seemed like they were at the time) and the last season was not as good as seasons 3-6 and was also not as good DS9's 3rd season (last one without Worf) to the end (though in fairness, I think DS9 is a better show than TNG)

there are 4 new series or more coming

1 Star Fleet Academy - - jean luc picard
2. Series around Kahn - Eugenics wars - wrath of kahn stuff
3 animated TV series (unknown what timeline)
4 unknown at this time - but could be a reboot of the original

Micheal dorn has introduced new Series stuff as well to CBS

At this point Picard has to be an admiral, so the storyline will be interesting. DS9 got interesting once they got a galactic war and space opera in full swing. With modern CGI it could be interesting if they do something similar. Just a question of who the bad guy is. Someone from a new quadrant that somehow fits with cannon or endless episodes of borg with no exploration.

At this point Picard has to be an admiral, so the storyline will be interesting. DS9 got interesting once they got a galactic war and space opera in full swing. With modern CGI it could be interesting if they do something similar. Just a question of who the bad guy is. Someone from a new quadrant that somehow fits with cannon or endless episodes of borg with no exploration.
Depends where it continues from.
As you say they can use CGI so it could be any time.

Oh damn, Jonathan de Lancie is aging as well as Stewart.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...ision/latest?cb=20180209113911&path-prefix=en

View attachment 94204

But yeah. They'd have to work the plot around his appearances in Voyager (depending on the time the new show is set in), but we could definitely have de Lancie as Q.

Uh, but wasn't Q supposed to be immortal and omnipotent? There's only so much you can do with makeup. Still... I'd watch it if it wasn't behind the CBS paywall.

And the other post where only black people get to play Klingons? General Chang disagrees.

225px-General_Chang.jpg

I guess also the entire Klingon cast of ST3, but that was before TNG. Chang was after (real time, not ST timelines, obvs)

General Chang and Klingon Doc Brown are my favorite Klingons of all time. Worf is... Worf.

But it’s all ok ?

Wtf

You have problems.

Last edited:
I preferred voyager to tng and ds9, the opening cgi was what got my attention. Plus it’s not a racist show as there was a token nigga, gook, native apu and a couple of midgets and many *crackers. NAAC and PETA approved.

Plus, 7 of 9 wears tight shit that shows off her paps admirably. Fuck the story line, I would watch it for that alone.

I Would even fuck janeway if it meant I could stick my face into 7 of 9’s tits whilst she was hooked up to her usb charger.

* edited.

Fucking crackers.

you are my hero

Looking to rack up more episode time than Michael Dorn.
Michael Dorn and Patrick Stewart share the TNG seasons and movies. But Michael Dorn also has 4 seasons of DS9. Patrick Stewart has a lot of catching up to do.

If the same writers are in charge of this as discovery, I wish him luck in making this not a complete train wreck.

Since this is CBS, I'll assume it will be a train wreck.
And since it's only on their streaming site, it will be the 2nd Star Trek series I won't be watching.

Please don't mess this up! But from what I've read, Stewart is pretty much what made TNG what it was - he demanded everyone rise to the high level of quality he was accustomed to as a stage actor, and you can see the improvement as the seasons progressed. I don't think Sir Patrick would put up with it being the drivel we've had to put up with lately.
The Next Gen films were rather dire. The "Okay, Ahab" stuff was a definite low point. Trek writing really went downhill with Magic Wesley (he can stop time!) and Picard the Senile. I don't consider JJ Dreck to be Trek at all. Enterprise is also knock-off grade.

Voyager had its faults but it was head and shoulders above the crud that has come since. I haven't seen the latest CBS series.

Since this is CBS, I'll assume it will be a train wreck.
And since it's only on their streaming site, it will be the 2nd Star Trek series I won't be watching.

Both Solid assumptions.

Did you see Alex Kurtzman introduced him? Kurtzman is the trash that makes Discovery, the bastard that destroyed the klingon empire and replaced them with orcs !! Now, its time to trash TNG too it would appear... We must pray to Viacom to save us from the satan that is Kurtzman !!!

You guys are more than welcome to join us over on facebook, the ALL TREK group... the only group that lets you tell cbs and alex kurtzman what you think of his trash series around people that care !

I see the conservative SJW's are here to shit on yet another media property for 'wronging' them.

You guys are more than welcome to join us over on facebook, the ALL TREK group... the only group that lets you tell cbs and alex kurtzman what you think of his trash series around people that care !

Join you on facebook? Wrong forum to bring that up ;).

This has the potential to be really good, but unfortunately the potential of it to be an epic failure far outweighs it. I guarantee the producers and writers will do all of the following (probably in the first episode):

1. Picard will still be in command of the Enterprise, even though he's way too old to be doing that.

2. They will bring back the Borg for this show as the main villain (because these are things we know.)

3. The Borg will do something crazy and epic, like destroying Starfleet HQ along with half of all life on Earth because they will feel like anything less won't be thrilling enough for "modern audiences."

4. Michael Dorn will reprise his role as Worf, only to be further degraded into a caricature of bad one-liners and "me Klingon, me smash."

5. They will introduce the Enterprise NCC-1701-F, even though the 1701-E should still be in service after they clearly showed it being repaired at the end of Nemesis. Also, the new Enterprise will look absolutely fucking retarded.

edit to add:

6. John de Lancie will reprise his role as Q (which has potential,) but they will play up his wild and silly antics (again, because these are things we know) to the point of completely overshadowing the seriousness of the central conflict with over-the-top comedy.

to play Captain Jean-Luc Picard in a new Star Trek show for CBS’s streaming service.
Hahaha.. well played CBS. I said I wouldn't watch a Star Trek show on their shit service unless it was a new STNG. Welp.. you got me there you chuckleheads. I'll debate on giving it a whirl versus a flat out no.

tenor.gif

Back