Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if a poison ballista ranger would work this season? Extra defense for tower defense. Take advantage of the new poison and minion buffs a little bit...

Ugh, was going to do a Frost Blades Raider for league start, figuring it was pretty far removed from the league meta. But then LiftingNerdBro went and featured it in his league starter video and now it's the #2 build on https://www.poebuilds.cc/. Fawk me.

Had no idea til about an hour til launch. Going to try poison bv and see how that treats me.. The poison part is meta, but not really. Give me a bunch of good rares and a coralitos, and I should be OK, budget wise.

Dicking with the new mechanic wasn't bad at lower levels, but I can tell it's going to be a cluster fuck going in later.

I wonder if a poison ballista ranger would work this season? Extra defense for tower defense. Take advantage of the new poison and minion buffs a little bit...

Hmm.. Hoag with barrage totems? Minion buffs make your crawler pretty nutty. Unless you're talking about siege ballista, then that's a big nono. Very slow and a very low damage ceiling.

Thought the league wasn't too bad. Until I did a blighted map and kept getting killed by off screen stuff and my FPS reduced to about <20 instead of 90+ that I get in a normal map. Mind you I play a zombie/skele/specter summoner and I can sit back and do nothing but dodge stuff...

I think Blight map design went something like this

Dev #1: How many mobs do you want to send during the blight maps

GGG CEO: Yes

Yeah, pretty sure your fps tanks aren't completely the clients fault. There's just way too much shit going on with the servers. When you have mobs in a normal map, they 'sleep' off screen til you come into a certain distance, then they wake up, and the server starts its thing. With blight, the roots go all over the map and you're getting all that fucking traffic at once, not to mention all that summoner bullshit going on.. (don't take it personally, it's just a hate thing I have).. But yeah.. Basically.

Chris Wilson: Yes.

That type of spamming absolutely ruins partyplay.

Not one person can tell what’s going on. Not even the source player of the mess.

Lol, haven't you seen his other videos? That's pretty much the point of everything he makes haha.

Reactions: Parja
like this
How is it that people are still clueless about vendor recipes? I needed some jeweler's orbs, so figured I'd check to see if there were any cheap 6-socket items up for sale. I must have picked up about 40 of them for an alch or less. At the time of writing this, there's some dude with 21 of them for sale for 1 alch each. 21 alch for 147 jeweler's? Easy money.

Yep. Looking forward to it. Showing off a new league and 4.0 which is still like a year off. Still, with the d4 announcement, we're in for a treat all around, as gamers.

Yep. Make sure your PoE account is linked to twitch. Drops have been enabled for the next few days during select times of the convention.. also.. top post in the sub atm..

Way to go, Ziz.

Watching.. This einhar shit is.. awful? I do believe it's Jay Simon (the voice actor for einhar and niko), though..

Aaand.. apparently poe is fixing to be on life support in about a year.. 4.0 scrapped.. Path of Exile 2 announced.

That POE2 gameplay just made D4 look like...D3. No wonder they weren't worried! Will link some videos once they're available.

Yep, looked tasty as well. New league looks dope.. bye bye shaper/elder.. new 'bosses'.. new exalted orbs.. and.. poe mobile.. actually a thing.

Oh, for those of us who play standard and whatnot, I suggest grabbing up shaper/elder 83+ bases.. they might just skyrocket, since they're going legacy.

New expansion (with revamped endgame content) drops December 13th:

New league also drops December 13th (not really sure how to describe this):

Come a long way from the simple (and fun) Diablo alternative for sure.

The go to game for ARPG guys and gals that love to tinker with stats and builds.

Glad they finally had a meaningful graphics update too. Was a bit overdue.

Well POE2 better be on Steam and better be free,

The game will continue to be free and all your past purchases (if any) will work with POE2. They're essentially upgrading the entire game to the new engine and going with "one game, two campaigns" as the slogan for now. The announcement was very good and had a bunch of this info straight from Chris's mouth, so that was nice.

The game client has always been available directly from GGG and later made it to Steam so I'm sure it will continue to be available both ways.

The game client has always been available directly from GGG and later made it to Steam so I'm sure it will continue to be available both ways.
I have played it since day one. I'm glad to see some improvements after all these years

Here's the entire first day live stream. You can find all the individual time stamps in the comments for easier viewing, but I took the liberty of linking the video below during Kripp's play through of the new content (with Jonathan providing some developer commentary). The part I linked is essentially the first side dungeon/optional boss you can do - essentially replacing Hailrake from POE1:

Anyone playing league start today?

Im down to 3 builds I will go with..dunno which yet..
Arc Witch(Range just buffed)
Ice Spear(High dmg)
Trap build (Might be to squishy? dunno)

Friend is doing a Herald of Agony build and wants me to do the same..lol one of the easiest starter builds he says

Haven't even looked at this game recently. I played Blight for the first month or so.

Herald of Agony just steamrolled everything. I used...I forget the daggers, but they each added +3 to melee kills. So I had six there and I think two in my chest. It was like level 32 or something. Cyclone in, poison everything, and HoA would just melt everything.

I used...I forget the daggers, but they each added +3 to melee kills. So I had six there and I think two in my chest. It was like level 32 or something. Cyclone in, poison everything, and HoA would just melt everything.

Cold Iron Point

For anyone interested, Zizaran is running SSFHC "Awakener Kill" event: first to kill the new endgame boss "The Awakener" with a fully completed atlas wins $8,000. 30-day duration for the race.

GGG also threw in some additional support with MTX prizes and some tracking infrastructure to track the kills. Full prize details here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2684989

Hit L94 on my Slayer character in the Metamorph league. I'm pretty much done gearing him up I think, took about 32Ex which isn't too bad, considering that the price of watchers eyes went up about 1.5x to 2.0x this league due to rarity.

The league mechanic is a lot more fun than I expected (summoning a boss based on the body parts you collect in the zone), and the reworked Atlas (end game maps) has some cool new features to play with.

Fought the new big bad boss (Sirius the Awakener) though failed horribly at the fight. I'm not a fan of the dynamic arena during the fight, I won't get into it you should experience it yourself. After the holiday break I'm sure more tweaks will happen to that encounter.

Still playing quite casually, filling out the new atlas. While it has some cool features, it's becoming clearer that the devs wanted to slow down end game progress a bit. Player retention has been a big part of their discussions at developer conferences.

EYimO8i.jpg

Just did my first Shaper in metamorph league, they quadrupled his life (to something like 75 million I think) so I was interested to see how the fight would go. The phases were slightly longer but my current character does very decent DPS so it wasn't problematic.

Everything he drops now has value, as the fight is rare to get to with the new atlas. He did drop these boots,
P3YBVQ1.jpg

which I promptly annuled hoping to hit a suffix,
BefREqi.png

which I did so I could put a second life mod on it. Cool.
YgfqFnf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back