Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the bestiary thing will be fine. Reason the league sucked is because you had to spend time managing nets and capturing mobs. That is automatic now, you just kill stuff like you been doing. Thats my understanding of how it works anyways.

It wasn't just that, it was some mobs were totally broken and were nigh impossible to capture like the little insect ones that spawned from the Carrion Queens.

296px-CarrionQueen.jpg

It wasn't just that, it was some mobs were totally broken and were nigh impossible to capture like the little insect ones that spawned from the Carrion Queens.

View attachment 125327

From the various previews out there, Einhar missions work similar to Tora missions in that he shows up once you run into a Bestiary mob. At that point the capture mechanic is automatic, so you basically just need to nuke the mob until it's ready to be captured. The most frustrating part to me was getting an enemy to the sweet spot and then trying to manage the net, only to have the mob either (a) die too quickly, or (b) regen back above the sweet spot and waste the net. It should be pretty straightforward now.

I'm going to jump in this league. Doing a fireball build I think. I always seem to go with some form of melee and brick my character by level 60.

From the various previews out there, Einhar missions work similar to Tora missions in that he shows up once you run into a Bestiary mob. At that point the capture mechanic is automatic, so you basically just need to nuke the mob until it's ready to be captured. The most frustrating part to me was getting an enemy to the sweet spot and then trying to manage the net, only to have the mob either (a) die too quickly, or (b) regen back above the sweet spot and waste the net. It should be pretty straightforward now.

Hope it all works out because we're gonna depend on the NPC to cast the nets at the correct mobs and in a timely manner. One thing I'm not clear about, is crafting gated entirely behind bestiary now? Or are those recipes supplementary like they were back then? I'm thinking supplementary but I haven't watched any videos or read details regarding that.

Hope it all works out because we're gonna depend on the NPC to cast the nets at the correct mobs and in a timely manner. One thing I'm not clear about, is crafting gated entirely behind bestiary now? Or are those recipes supplementary like they were back then? I'm thinking supplementary but I haven't watched any videos or read details regarding that.

From what I understand, Bestiary-style crafting has been way simplified (not that convoluted recipe book or whatever it was) and is tied to Einhar. The Bestiary missions go like this: encounter beast in the wild -> Einhar shows up and then nets it for you when it's ready -> Einhar stays with you in the zone until you find all the beasts for that mission. There shouldn't be any micromanaging on your part.

As for crafting in general, IIRC they've detached it from master levels altogether, but I don't remember if it's simply all there and you pay a set price for what you want or if you need to unlock the recipes in some way. In the trailer below they show a single streamlined crafting bench where you can select whatever you want for a price. "Master crafting that doesn't require grinding master levels"

So I don't have the map stash thing. Its 150 coins. I see the Blood Starter pack or whatever you want to call it for $20. Comes with 200 coins, a weapon effect, and a standard stash tab. Think its worth getting the pack? Or just the map tab? If it were a premium stash I could see it being worth it. I guess spend the 150 on the map tab, I'll have 50c left over, and spend 15 upgrading the tab...

And anyone know if there is any word on changing how the trading works? Using that POE.trade or whatever kind of sucks.

So I don't have the map stash thing. Its 150 coins. I see the Blood Starter pack or whatever you want to call it for $20. Comes with 200 coins, a weapon effect, and a standard stash tab. Think its worth getting the pack? Or just the map tab? If it were a premium stash I could see it being worth it. I guess spend the 150 on the map tab, I'll have 50c left over, and spend 15 upgrading the tab...

And anyone know if there is any word on changing how the trading works? Using that POE.trade or whatever kind of sucks.

First Blood pack is definitely a good deal.

Do you have any MTX stash tabs yet, or just pure vanilla? Stash tab sales come around very frequently, so I'd wait for one of those before spending the points on stash tabs.

First Blood pack is definitely a good deal.

Do you have any MTX stash tabs yet, or just pure vanilla? Stash tab sales come around very frequently, so I'd wait for one of those before spending the points on stash tabs.
I'm sorry, MTX stash tab?

I've got the premium bundle, a few more premium tabs, currency, div, and an essence. Fragment, Map, and the Quad tab are the only ones I don't have.

Maybe I'll get the blood pack then.

I'm sorry, MTX stash tab?

I've got the premium bundle, a few more premium tabs, currency, div, and an essence. Fragment, Map, and the Quad tab are the only ones I don't have.

Maybe I'll get the blood pack then.

MTX = microtransaction

Of the ones you don't have, I'd say Map is the only one I'd really miss. A Quad is nice to have, but I find myself using it as a general dump tab that I often don't go back and clean up. Fragment is nice, but there's not really THAT many different fragments.

MTX = microtransaction

Of the ones you don't have, I'd say Map is the only one I'd really miss. A Quad is nice to have, but I find myself using it as a general dump tab that I often don't go back and clean up. Fragment is nice, but there's not really THAT many different fragments.
hrm. I know mtx is microtransaction. I didn't know there was a tab just for them though.

meh, I'll hold off then. If the map tab comes up on special, I'll snag it. Other wise I'll wait until I start collecting maps to buy it.

Just sucks that you kind of need to hang around in your hideout waiting for a PM. But, I guess that's how we did things in D2. Oh well.
As far as I know you can be pm’ed while you are mapping. I feel like it’s happened to me before that I have to tell the potential buyer give me 5minutes to finish my map. I think the requirement is online, not necessary in hideout. Is that right?

Yeah, as quickly as you can get to your HO from just about anywhere (sans Labyrinth), it's not that big of a deal.

hrm. I know mtx is microtransaction. I didn't know there was a tab just for them though.

meh, I'll hold off then. If the map tab comes up on special, I'll snag it. Other wise I'll wait until I start collecting maps to buy it.

They should be on sale this weekend or the next.. get a map tab and at least one premium so you can sell stuff.

Selling stuff is easy. Theyll whisper you, and the thing is, maps are run from the hideout, so youre literally a portal away. Its really easy.

OK, going to try the new league, as I need a new game to play. Have absolutely no clue what I'm doing.
I'm playing too this league. I've been on and off for the past couple years. It starts off a little confusing, then you get into the groove. For the very first time around, follow a build. Otherwise you're going to get stuck or "brick" a character that cannot clear content. Its important to have a balance of defense and offense. Also, I suggest spending ~$30 on the coins. The basic stash/inventory setup is difficult to work with. getting the currency tabs, premium tabs, and some of other specialized tabs really makes things much more manageable. Where I get stuck is the end game crafting.

You certainty don't need to follow a build guide to enjoy the game. But I can certainly see where it would help if you feel overwhelmed or lost.

I've played the game for 5 years or so and I've never followed a build guide and barely looked any of them up even for ideas until about 3 years in, because I enjoy really enjoy the creativity that comes with all the options in POE. I made it to level 87 hardcore and have a level 91 in standard - neither is a standard build. My level 91 in standard is getting stuck - so I may have to finally break down and look up a build guide for her. She's a glacial cascade witch.

The nice thing is, if you happen to get stuck, you can use orbs of regret to remap your passive tree, or you can just wait till the next quarterly expansion and they typically (not always) give you a free reset/option on your passive skill tree.

Correct. You don't need to follow a build, but for the first time around I'd recommend it. That way you can get a grasp at the importance of resists and defenses.

Reactions: Parja
like this
well crap. I thought Betrayal came out tomorrow? oh well.

I'm going to have to read about this syndicate stuff. I have no idea what I'm doing.

That First Blood starter pack should just include one premium tab, currency tab, and a 100 points.

That, would be a deal.

Really, just a starter pack for $10 that includes one prem tab and currency would be awesome....

Man, I suck with these caravans. I've got one. All others charge right through mobs and I get swarmed. >.<

Dont trail behind it, get ahead of the front "wagon" and you'll fight the boss(es) more often than its minions.

Dont trail behind it, get ahead of the front "wagon" and you'll fight the boss(es) more often than its minions.
Yep, figured that out. Also discovered that you can set off the caravans through walls. I have no idea what I'm doing with the syndicate things. I either bargain or execute the guy.

Also picked up Scorching Ray. That thing just MELTS. I traded an alch for Ashcaller Quartz Wand and the guy traded me two of them. Didn't question it. So now I'm duel wielding those.

Picked up 6C so far too which seems a bit high.

Initially you want to interrogate everyone so that the intelligence "xp bar" of each syndicate department reaches to 100%. Once it reaches 100% you can go raid the safehouse for that syndicate department and fight the boss. I don't want to spoil things since you'll have to reveal who the boss for each department is..

You don't need to do it the way I have been doing things.I'm currently leveling 3 departments at the same time by juggling members around and interrogating them. It should be much easier to just focus on one department at a time and go ham without having to think twice about how to deal with the syndicate members you encounter.

syndicate.jpg

Last edited:
I am also not clear on what the syndicate choices actually do. I either execute or bargain for the items they drop. No rhyme or reason.
So far, this league looks like a mess to me. Crafting is gone, go chase recipes. Unveiling mods is cool, but when you get 2 or 3 syndicate thugs at once , esp in the earlier levels it 's a dirtnap. Hopefully it gets better later on, hit lvl 40 last night and logged.

Last edited:
Some further tips:

If you see the choice to have "All X items destroyed" USE IT. If you notice in the picture I posted earlier there are little item icons attached to the portraits of syndicate members. Those are items they are actually wearing and it makes them a lot tougher to fight. I fought Hillock with 3 items and one them gave him insane life regen and I just couldn't kill him so I had to abandon him and run away. Destroying their iems makes them much easier to kill and it does not affect what items they drop for you.

Also when you unlock a safehouse any syndicate member attached to it will show up in the arena to reinforce the boss that you fight. I just fought one that had 3 lieutenants attached and it was pretty damn tough but I managed to kill them.

The rewards for beating the bosses are in rooms behind a locked door that opens after you kill it.

scarab1.jpg

scarab2.jpg

scarab3.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, that's good for lvl 41, but in later chapters it won't do much. The new veiled mods are actually really good for belts, check them out too.

The game has a total of 10 acts now and you do a single playthrough of them and you are ready to start mapping. You no longer repeat things 3 times.

Impressive. Last I played, the game had only just introduced the third act... I'm not even sure how many years ago that was.

If you haven't played in a while, I suggest dropping in this league. Ive got tons of time in the game, get bored now and then, and this is the most fun Ive haf in a good long while.

So these safe houses. I had one unlocked. Not enough room to spawn it. I started clearing an area, got sidetracked, and forgot about it. I went back and couldn't spawn it anymore. What happened?

They just go away. I think there might be a hidden event timer once you get close enough to them. It happened a few times to me when I found Jun outside of a cellar. If i passed by her, finished clearing the area, and returned, she's was no longer there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back