Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumblr_n5hbwzUzJ01soc18mo1_500.gif

I'm a HUGE aRPG and original DBZ fan (this whole DBZ Super business is blasphemy IMO), but this is just too much....

You owe me 2 minutes and 35 seconds sir.

Twitch Drops.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2034332

Make sure that you check your Twitch account via the POE website to make sure that your account is linked. Mine was linked for Twitch Drops in Warframe, but I never got a single one until I unlinked it and relinked it. Article explains where to look to see if your account is linked to Twitch.

thanks for the heads up. Now to choose whether I passively listen to Raiz or Ziggy ....

Need some help guys. I've been getting crazy lag spikes/stutter lately when I play and I cant figure out why. Has anyone else experienced this?

Try a different gateway, also dig in the poe forums for the thread that details diagnosing connection issues

Thanks for the reply. I did try several gateways, but have yet to dig into the forums, so ill be taking a look today.

I've also went ahead and ordered a new router(Nighthawk x4) as I've been meaning to replace my Asus for a while. I'll let you guys know if i get this resolved.

How is melee these days in this game? I always preferred melee over casters and spells, but I just remember it being sluggish and the game felt like it wasn't made for melee builds. I don't think I ever beat the game and usually fell off a few acts in.

And abyss league details just came out. The helmet mtx looks great.. kinda unsure about the portal or the wings.. imo, its hard to top the perandus portal or the monkey from prophecy.​

I haven't touched this in like years...Came back couple weeks ago. Holy shit, things have improved and they've added so much. This game is fucking awesome. D3 should be absolutely ashamed and embarrassed.

I haven't touched this in like years...Came back couple weeks ago. Holy shit, things have improved and they've added so much. This game is fucking awesome. D3 should be absolutely ashamed and embarrassed.

I had a friend who was big on D3 for a while, and this last league he finally caved. The games been good for a while. It just needed a few QoL things added. He loves it now, btw.

I had a friend who was big on D3 for a while, and this last league he finally caved. The games been good for a while. It just needed a few QoL things added. He loves it now, btw.
There's still a few things which boggle my mind as to how it's not yet in the game.. trading posts is an obvious first. But a bunch of little things too, like having to exit the vendor trading window to equip or uneqip something. Or being unable to compare an item on the ground with what you have currently equipped in that slot. Or being unable to see what the damage or Mana cost of the next gem level is going to be before you level it up (I know it's online, but come on.. add it to the tooltip!). The very bizarre key combinations to so things, like linking an item. Lots of tiny little things which bugged me long ago are still in the game I've found.

I can see a few things still wrong, but imo it's all small nitpicks. I mean.. Remember how 1.0-2.0 was? Drastic differences. Also, free game, but I know I've dropped well over $200 on the game. I know yourself and other guildies have spent WAY more.

All the small stuff aside, if I were a new player I'd be blown away by the game as it stands. I'd also expect a p2w model.. And if I could warn myself I'd drop over 4k hours into the game, I'd still play it.

I can see a few things still wrong, but imo it's all small nitpicks. I mean.. Remember how 1.0-2.0 was? Drastic differences. Also, free game, but I know I've dropped well over $200 on the game. I know yourself and other guildies have spent WAY more.

All the small stuff aside, if I were a new player I'd be blown away by the game as it stands. I'd also expect a p2w model.. And if I could warn myself I'd drop over 4k hours into the game, I'd still play it.
Oh you're absolutely right. The game is fantastic and the fact that my shortlist of little gripes is all I have to complain about speaks volumes lol

I almost dropped some monies last night due to the Stash Sale, but the deals kinda sucked.

If I can't get 6 premium tabs and currency tab for $20.... That's criminal.

Hell, even one prem tab and currency is 90 points, so I"m spending 10 bucks to get 9 bucks worth of stuff?

I think I'll stick to GD.

Gimme a pack with 6 premium tabs, currency, divinity, and essence; for $30. I'll pay it gladly.

*ends rant

I almost dropped some monies last night due to the Stash Sale, but the deals kinda sucked.

If I can't get 6 premium tabs and currency tab for $20.... That's criminal.

Hell, even one prem tab and currency is 90 points, so I"m spending 10 bucks to get 9 bucks worth of stuff?

I think I'll stick to GD.

Gimme a pack with 6 premium tabs, currency, divinity, and essence; for $30. I'll pay it gladly.

*ends rant

I've been a supporter since closed beta and only really ever gotten points through the supporter packs. Occasionally I'll hear complaints about the MTX prices and in that context they usually seem pretty insane, but when it's just coming out of my points pool that I've gotten from supporter packs it never seems as bad (200 points from 2500 rather than $20 straight up).

That said, the positive result of kickstarting this game is what I thought of when I decided to kickstart Star Citizen: I wanted an ARPG when no one else was delivering one, so I donated and they delivered. I've continued to buy packs over the years and they've only ever improved the game through content expansion (the game was 2 acts when i donated lol) and features people said would never happen (remember when desync would "never be fixed"?). They've got more of my money than any other game, but at least it's got a "for gamers, by gamers" feel to it and not like I'm giving money to some soulless corporation.

Speaking of new content: Abyss League and War for the Atlas content expansions start today!

Let's gooooo!

Yep, you guys go live here in a few minutes.. quick, someone roll a cwc tendrils char and enjoy it for me!

Leveled a Templar Inquisitor (glacial cascade tri-totem build) to L85 this past weekend, but it just wasn't fun to play due to the league mechanics. It had its moments and any other league it would have been an ok build. But with the abyss mechanic you are on an invisible timer with tons of mobs spawning constantly around you while having to remain within a certain radius of the spawners - playing totems felt claustrophobic, especially in some of the indoor maps.

Scrapped that character and re-rolled a Slayer Cycloner, picked up a Kondo's and decided to 5L it - it hit 6L in 28 fusings :p
1kokzy.jpg

There's been times that I've spent thousands without hitting a 6L, so it's just the universe restoring balance.

I just jumped back in, level 45 ATM. The Abyss belts are a neat idea, the Abyss rifts are kind of monotonous after a while. I'm trying a contagion build, easy to play and easy to die when there's too much density in small areas. Killing huge mobs in a single cast is pretty fun though.

Hit 40/40 challenges in Abyss today, with my atlas at 157/157 and all masters at L8. The challenges were definitely more difficult than recent leagues because of the minuscule RNG gating some of the requirements, I spent maybe 2500 chaos completing them.
14vjm1.jpg

As for abyss league it looked positive at first, especially during the first week or so - but eventually the novelty kinda wore off and I just started to completely ignore the abyss cracks - they were often a waste of time for no reward, often required backtracking and the chance of a lich felt like 1/100. When my Zana hit L8 and I started doing breaches on every map the vast difference in 'fun factor' was immediately noticeable.

GGG tried their best to get players to run a variety of maps with their elder/shaper strat and it kinda backfired - there will no doubt be nerfs to sextants, shaped atlas strategies and sextant blocking in the near future. Maybe accompanied by bonuses for those who do complete the atlas and do a variety of maps.

i really want to get into it, but its too much. wouldnt know where to start with all the different stuff in the game

i really want to get into it, but its too much. wouldnt know where to start with all the different stuff in the game
Nah man just jump in its worth it! I was in the same boat recently, fuck it, do it!

Nah man just jump in its worth it! I was in the same boat recently, fuck it, do it!
I second this. It can be intimidating at first but its worth it. There are lots of YouTube build guides out there to get you started.

Have they added respecing into the game yet? If the game is still setup to where I could put hours in and my character is borked because of selection at level 10 or something then it will be tough for me to commit.

Nothing like have to start over multiple times because you didn't spend hours reading before playing a game.

How long does it take to level a new character?

Go to the poe forums in the classes section, and follow a build guide for a skill/spell that looks cool. That's pretty much it - most of the build guides are well written with newbie friendly explanations and budget sections for players now starting the game. It's the kind of game that's best learned by playing, and don't worry too much about end game stuff just try to have fun. The game starts slow and clunky but once your build comes together it's enjoyable.

Have they added respecing into the game yet? Nothing like have to start over multiple times because you didn't spend hours reading before playing a game. How long does it take to level a new character?
Orbs of regret are so cheap now you can just buy a bunch of them if you need to respec a character - no there is no magic reset button, but you do get enough respec points for free from quests to fix any mistakes you may have made. Following a build guide, which new (or even experienced) players should do, doesn't waste any of your time. You could skim the important parts of most build guides (tree/gems/gear) in less than a couple minutes. Experienced players will level a character to maps in about 7-10 hours.

Go to the poe forums in the classes section, and follow a build guide for a skill/spell that looks cool. That's pretty much it - most of the build guides are well written with newbie friendly explanations and budget sections for players now starting the game. It's the kind of game that's best learned by playing, and don't worry too much about end game stuff just try to have fun. The game starts slow and clunky but once your build comes together it's enjoyable.

Orbs of regret are so cheap now you can just buy a bunch of them if you need to respec a character - no there is no magic reset button, but you do get enough respec points for free from quests to fix any mistakes you may have made. Following a build guide, which new (or even experienced) players should do, doesn't waste any of your time. You could skim the important parts of most build guides (tree/gems/gear) in less than a couple minutes. Experienced players will level a character to maps in about 7-10 hours.
A buddy of mine recently got back into PoE and tried to get our gaming group into it too. He said the same thing-go to poe forums and find a build guide.

But to many folks that's just not fun, myself included. I still enjoy PoE, but i'm a rather casual player who typically prefers playing alone in self found. It's still pretty fun to tinker around with all the various move combinations out there.

A buddy of mine recently got back into PoE and tried to get our gaming group into it too. He said the same thing-go to poe forums and find a build guide. But to many folks that's just not fun
A new player can certainly play this game without any kind of build guide - nothing wrong with that - they just can't have very high ambitions for their first character and should go in with the mentality of "I don't mind re-rolling" when their character hits a brick wall.

It's a simple conundrum - some players want both a deep, robust, complex game with hundreds of options as well as a game they can go in blind and be great at. It takes less than a minute to check the gear/gems/tree of a build guide (ignoring all the fluff as most experienced players do) - and maybe another minute of watching the video in the build guide to see if it looks cool.

A buddy of mine recently got back into PoE and tried to get our gaming group into it too. He said the same thing-go to poe forums and find a build guide.

But to many folks that's just not fun, myself included. I still enjoy PoE, but i'm a rather casual player who typically prefers playing alone in self found. It's still pretty fun to tinker around with all the various move combinations out there.

It's fun to play guitar, but perhaps it's not a bad idea to learn some simple songs before trying to write your own. Nothing wrong with picking up a guitar for the first time and trying to write a song - it just probably won't be any good. Thing is, if you want to try silly stuff and/or make your own builds, you need to be willing to re-roll if it doesn't work. Many people consider failed characters to be "wasted" time rather than just time spent gaming, and would rather quit the game than re-roll.

For me the fun is in trying weird builds. Often, the worse something is perceived by the masses, the more I want to see if I can make something good with it. So far this league I've been playing:
I like to have a bunch on the go each league, and I play hardcore so sometimes re-rolling is simply because I fucked up. But even as a seasoned player there are times where I see someone else's idea and decide to give it a go - once you're familiar with the game you can look at a guide for direction but decide to modify and build it your own way. Unfortunately, it seems like tons of people go to the forums and wind up playing some horrible totem build because they see "CHEAP EASY LEAGUE STARTER!" and then playing PoE is like watching paint dry.

so i jumped in today. created a ranger with the intend to go tornado ranger. any tips for levelling? what skills to use, what items to keep? its so overwhelming

Edit: newp.
i3ao47fqrv101.png

THanks, stuck to your guide as much as it made sense to me. up to level 47 act 6 now.
thing is, most of those items are out of my price range and im finding it harder and harder to run through maps doing quests without getting one shot by something. any further tips?

Start getting life and resists on your eq. Flat life will help scale the life %'s on your passive tree. Youre probably playing an evasion based char, so dont get hit. If you do, more life will help quite a bit, start getting your flasks in order, as well. Another note, you dont need the uniques on the list, they just help streamline the process. If you really want to bump up your dps, buy a cheap five link to get rolling. Shouldnt be more than a chaos.

Edit, yeah. Hop on poe.trade. grab an armor/ev base, and essence craft it. Keep an eye out for other white jewellry bases to drop and alc them. Flat dmg, res, and life are what you want atm.

Last edited:
I started playing this again. I hadn't really played it since it released, but was getting bored with diablo 3. Do we have a [H] Guild going?

I started playing this again. I hadn't really played it since it released, but was getting bored with diablo 3. Do we have a [H] Guild going?

I don't think there is anything official. I would have no problem starting one if there was some interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back