Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically that's it, I think. Getting the +skills stuff for SRS then going to your own defenses. Are you applying poison/ignites with your SRS at all? I believe there are some ways of increasing / interacting with that.

I'm using a Severed in Sleep, cost me all my currency (~3ex), which gives Poison on Hit (free link if you have your SRS in your chestpiece) to your minions plus life on kill (which my zombies use). The upgraded version gives leech on poisoned enemies as well as the Envy Aura, giving added Chaos Damage to allies (!!!!!), which I'm saving up for currently.

Beyond that I'm trying to get my Geofri's 6 linked, and slightly better shield+belt+rings (my only two slots that aren't uniques). One of my rings is almost perfect for my purposes (life+str+resists), but I could min/max with essence crafting (minion speed)

My current setup I'm clearing T13 maps with minimal issues, but some combos can drop my zombies rather quickly. I'm very happy with the dps and clear speed.

SRS on 4L w/ +2 skills (The Baron helmet)
Zombies on 5L (effective 6L with sabre) in Chest
Spectres on 4L (just doing Flame Sentinels)
Vitality and Purity of Elements Auras
Convocation + Alternate between Flesh and Bone Offering on 3L
CWDT + Duration + Immortal Call on 3L
Animate Guardian on one of my rings Have Dying breath (damage), Victario's Flight(movement speed) but no Leer Cast (damage) yet. I could throw an Ambu's Charge on him for occassional end charges, and if I get super rich I could throw abberath's hooves on him. The damage/utility it gives is worth the slot, imo. Have had only one time where he almost died, and that was after everything else (and myself) died in the process. They are quite tanky.

Last edited:
No I am not, I recently replaced my weapons with a Femur and my gem setup right now is completely out of whack.

I only have 4l on the Femur, and I am fitting Auras in any and all available spots. Running Discipline, Resistance and Hatred Auras, my SRS are linked with Minion Damage, Melee Splash and minion speed.

My helm is Geofri's Helm with 4l, Zombie/Spectre/Lightning Golem/Minion Life

Gloves: Orb of Storms/Curse on hit/Elemental Weakness/Increased area effect support.

Bones of Ullr Boots, 2x2 link: Portal/Cast on Death and Hatred/Generosity

My chest is an embarrassment, Vaal Clarity, Flesh Offering, Discipline, Purity of Elements and 2 red melee support gems that do literally nothing.

I think I am going to move the gems away from my helm and move my auras into the Geofri's crest instead.

I haven't been pushing maps too much, only at T7 or so, but I didn't have a lot of luck with map drops.

I am working on getting a better Femurs or a rare staff that gives +1/+2, but those are completely out of my league at the moment (no pun intended).

I am definitely doing better though, the one boss that keeps killing me for breakfast in one of the T5 maps (the one that spawns chaos storm/tornadoes) are now tickling me.

One thing I always wanted to ask:

1. When people try to roll bloodlines mod onto their maps (which from what I understand, increases the number of magic monsters, and hence higher tier map drops), do they roll them into magic or rare maps? And do they do anything to them after that roll the desired mod?

2. Would things be done differently if I were using Bloodline leaguestones?

I ran into a bit of hitch where I couldn't really progress beyond T8 maps because the high tier maps were not dropping, so I was wondering if I had missed something.

Hit 126/126 on the atlas for the first time. Feels good man.
1wsu5r.jpg

Playing a life based ele crit sword spectral throw raider in Legacy league at L93 now, fun build though right now most life based builds really pale in comparison to ES builds when it comes to survivability. Bought a 6L belly for about 7ex and an uber enchant devotos for about 2ex.
33iku9.jpg
27wkci.jpg

Last league I spent 3k+ fus on a belly and it didn't link, didn't want to go through that again. Legacy league is fun so far, though I'm only playing it semi casually cause of the backlog. I saw a post from someone saying that this league is a great template for what Standard League should be permanently, and I kinda agree. It's a great way of having all the league modifiers in the game without convoluting everything.

Reactions: chenw
like this
One thing I always wanted to ask:

1. When people try to roll bloodlines mod onto their maps (which from what I understand, increases the number of magic monsters, and hence higher tier map drops), do they roll them into magic or rare maps? And do they do anything to them after that roll the desired mod?
Follow the map levels for what to do with them. If you want bloodlines on 1-5level maps then just do the cheap transmute roll on the base white. And of course if you rolled a single bloodlines mod on the map it's always a good idea to roll an extra mod with an Augmentation orb as that will increase the item quantity.
For yellow 6-10level maps it kinda depends on how wealthy you are. The only two options to reroll rare maps are using a scouring+alch or using a chaos both of which are expensive and I don't recommend (probably on tier 10s it might make sense).

2. Would things be done differently if I were using Bloodline leaguestones?
Of course.

The leaguestone is arguably the better way because it saves you having to spend the currency rolling the maps themselves so you'd only focus in getting high item quantity and pack size and other beneficial mods. I usually roll twinned bosses (Once you get zana to lvl7 she offers the twinned bosses mods as well), or extra rogue exiles for greater chances of +2 map drops.

I ran into a bit of hitch where I couldn't really progress beyond T8 maps because the high tier maps were not dropping, so I was wondering if I had missed something.
You can increase your chances by running maps that are connected to multiple higher tier maps. A few standout examples are T7 Armoury (connected to 3 T8 maps), T7 Arachnid Tomb, T8 Shore, T8 Tropical Island.

Follow the map levels for what to do with them. If you want bloodlines on 1-5level maps then just do the cheap transmute roll on the base white. And of course if you rolled a single bloodlines mod on the map it's always a good idea to roll an extra mod with an Augmentation orb as that will increase the item quantity.
For yellow 6-10level maps it kinda depends on how wealthy you are. The only two options to reroll rare maps are using a scouring+alch or using a chaos both of which are expensive and I don't recommend (probably on tier 10s it might make sense).

Are there any reason as to why T6~10 are run in yellows rather than blues like 1~5 when you are not using the maps to progress?

I was wondering in the first question from the point of view that you are farming for higher tiered maps and loot, not for Atlas progression. I already have met all the progression I can with the maps I have on hand (blue 1~5 and yellow for T6+), so this is just basically getting the missing maps and getting maps further down, which is proving to be a challenge even with Bloodlines, Maps just refuse to drop. I am rolling blues on these maps because the Yellows are often far too unpredictable and I have been running low on Alch orbs as I have been using them on strong boxes.
You can increase your chances by running maps that are connected to multiple higher tier maps. A few standout examples are T7 Armoury (connected to 3 T8 maps), T7 Arachnid Tomb, T8 Shore, T8 Tropical Island.

Thanks, guess I will try that.

I will need to do something about the atlas though, I have 2 corners of the map that I only have T3 progress in (bottom ones).

I ran into my first unique strongbox yesterday.

I didn't even know that was a thing.

A band of bandits popped out. (Basically like 5 rogue Exile equivalents)
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Brinerot_Cache

I got two unique item drops and three maps and some other loot. Pretty exciting! I got the binerot whalers boots.

Last edited:

I got two unique item drops and three maps and some other loot. Pretty exciting!
Ran into one early this league.

Last league there was a challenge that you had to open an unique strong box too.

Are there any reason as to why T6~10 are run in yellows rather than blues like 1~5 when you are not using the maps to progress?

I was wondering in the first question from the point of view that you are farming for higher tiered maps and loot, not for Atlas progression. I already have met all the progression I can with the maps I have on hand (blue 1~5 and yellow for T6+), so this is just basically getting the missing maps and getting maps further down, which is proving to be a challenge even with Bloodlines, Maps just refuse to drop. I am rolling blues on these maps because the Yellows are often far too unpredictable and I have been running low on Alch orbs as I have been using them on strong boxes.
You don't have to make them rare, run the maps blue if you want.

These things are explained properly in the wiki but I'll again give you a brief example;

If you add a blue mod to any map the %item quantity and item rarity increase that it gets will have a ceiling. This ceiling is due to the max number of mods a blue item can have (i believe a blue map maxes out at ~30% or so)
If you make a map rare the item quantity and rarity can more than triple because rare items can have a lot more mods.

And no don't waste alchs on strong boxes (that's a common mistake) specially when running lower level maps.

Strongboxes follow the same system as I explained above with regards to item quantity/rarity. Now do the math; would you rather spend an alch to only increase the iq/ir of the few mobs spawned by the strongbox or would you rather spend an alch to have an entire map's worth of mobs with increased iq/ir.?

P.S: Also if you weren't aware the items dropped in a map have the same item level as that map.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Brinerot_Cache

I got two unique item drops and three maps and some other loot. Pretty exciting! I got the binerot whalers boots.
Hah, were you in general chat saying something like 4k hours in however many years and have never seen one?

Hah, were you in general chat saying something like 4k hours in however many years and have never seen one?

No, but my story would be similar. I announced my fortune in global chat on Saturday night. I've probably played the game 2 or 3 thousand hours, and since about 2013, (not played as much the last six months or so) but I have never seen one before either. They must not be that common at all! Or are they just a newer game revision release feature? (like added in a more recent recent expansion?)

Last edited:
No, but my story would be similar. I announced my fortune in global chat on Saturday night. I've probably played the game 2 or 3 thousand hours, and since about 2013, (not played as much the last six months or so) but I have never seen one before either. They must not be that common at all! Or are they just a newer game revision release feature? (like added in a more recent recent expansion?)
No idea. But I was playing when someone said they said it was their first time seeing one. Just thought it was a small [game] world. :D

Earned the Legacy Portal today by completing 36 challenges. IMO it's one of the better portal MTX available, completely worth the time spent to get it. My gold kiwi doesn't look to impressed though.

1dasdy.jpg

The RNG involved with some of the challenges is really annoying, I needed to pay a lot in trade channels for a few of them. With my atlas at 126/126, Masters mostly at L8 and the Legacy Portal my primary goals for this league are done. GGG broke their record for most concurrent players this league (going up against Legend of Zelda and Horizon), so the future is looking very bright for them.

I'm hoping in the future that they implement a way for people to not cheese/cheat challenges so they can't claim they completed them because in reality all they did was beg or buy challenges from others.

Take for example the boss kill challenges. I sold a shit ton of them last season and this is how it went down; I'd get the boss down to culling range (20% or less life) then I'd run back to the beginning of the map and open a portal there (that was to protect myself 'cause some assholes would try to enter the boss arena even after telling them to stay out to ninja my drops) and I'd go back to the arena and tell them to enter and all they did was stand there by the portal while I hit the boss with culling strike. And that for them counted as completing a boss kill challenge which is laughable lol.

I don't know when they did it, but allowing skill positions to be placed made this game playable for me. I couldn't stand the last time I played that I had to equip and remove gems 1000 times to get in the right spot for me, so I played through act 1 and quit. I'm hooked now and learning all the tips and quirks in this game is really fun. Playing through cruel now for the first time following a flicker strike guide, I think I'm finally getting the hang of things. Still clueless on how to use the workbenches in hideout, like the options for reworking slots with Vorici make no sense to me.

I have purchased the 6 shareable tabs and the currency tab, any other loot shop items for ease of life worth it?

I bought Currency, Essence, card and 2 quad tabs.

I didn't go for the 6 premium stash pack because there was no hotkey in the game that allowed me to quickly jump between tabs, and I wasn't too keen on having to continuously use drop down menu to switch betweeb tabs.

Quad tab has its quirk though, you can't really precisely place items in the tab, unless you have a fairly large screen.

But I don't see myself ever getting the 6 stash bundle, maybe upgrading my original stash tabs to premium are about all I will do to them.

I didn't go for the 6 premium stash pack because there was no hotkey in the game that allowed me to quickly jump between tabs
You can quickly scroll through tabs by using the Arrow keys left and right. (Also by scrolling the middle mouse button when hovering the tabs)

Reactions: chenw
like this
weee

One of the few videos I made of my Wormblaster, this was during its early stages of completion.

I would later on use that character to farm Guardians and Shaper and Hall of Grandmasters and sell carries to people. When it was complete (around 9.3k life) it could face tank Shaper's kamehameha beam as well as his smash. The build was one of the few that truly earned and deserved being called broken because it also destroyed GGG's servers. If you notice the video cuts off because I got the classic "kicked for performing too many actions too fast".

I still have the character sitting there in standard with the same gear he used after the patch notes came nerfing it to the ground, I just didn't have the heart to dismantle and sell off the gear.

Last edited:
The Brine King final boss of Act 6. If you don't want to get spoiled do not watch.

Got 37 challenges then quit before getting truly burned out. My Zombies could do most maps, except some combos of Overgrown Ruin and the endbosses. Didn't bother trying Uber Atziri. Used all my ~12ex of currency on Reliquary Keys, best item I got was a Legacy Taste of Hate. Going to play something melee(ish?) in 3.0.

Been playing a vaal sparker this league, which has been a nice change of pace for me. Starting up a barrage/split arrow build using The Tempest and a +1 arrow Saemus'. Have a couple 6l Tempests to try to Vaal for the +1 arrow corruption, we shall see how that goes...

Also been playing around with my two uniques, which finally got through the design process: Bisco's Collar and Bisco's Leash. Running both on the sparker and they are loads of fun with monster density and especially in breaches. Using the collar on the barrage character until I can equip Choir of the Storm, then I'll be ramping him up for high tier maps and guardians. Hoping 3.0 doesn't bring a nerf to collar, it can get pretty crazy with the iiq in breaches, but I suspect that they will be changing that mechanic to be a bit rarer moving forwards.
collar.jpgleash.jpg

is bisco's collar supposed to look like the rabbit head from Donnie Darko? Cuz that's what I see from the thumbnail

I finished the normal difficulty and got my ascendancy class for the first time very recently. I really like the game, but I don't really want to run through all of the acts again to reach the end game content. I'm someone that's more into playing through the story and taking my time rather than just running to end game. Sure I'll play the end game, but I don't really want to suffer through hours of running through two more difficulties. I'm basically going to wait to for 3.0 at this juncture, it just makes more sense for me on a personal level. I'll be able to play through 10 acts on one difficulty and enjoy the endgame, that sounds absolutely amazing. I got lucky enough to find a Tabula Rasa and have a 6-link for my marauder cyclone build which is incredibly fun. I really love the game, but I think 3.0 is when I'll really dive deep and play the end game content for the first time.

I'll have to jump back in for 3.0. Going to have to do a cyclone build after seeing that video.

Edit: Nevermind. It's still shit. Still has animation lock.

Last edited:
I'll have to jump back in for 3.0. Going to have to do a cyclone build after seeing that video.

Edit: Nevermind. It's still shit. Still has animation lock.

Does that mean you have to wait for the animation to finish before you use another skill? With my set up on marauder it doesn't really matter, cast when taking damage gems and using gems to convert curses to an aura make using other skills unnecessary. Still, I agree it would be nice if you could cancel out of the animation.

Does that mean you have to wait for the animation to finish before you use another skill? With my set up on marauder it doesn't really matter, cast when taking damage gems and using gems to convert curses to an aura make using other skills unnecessary. Still, I agree it would be nice if you could cancel out of the animation.

You have to wait for the animation to finish before you can even move or change direction. If you click too far away, you'll be pathing to that location for a while.

You have to wait for the animation to finish before you can even move or change direction. If you click too far away, you'll be pathing to that location for a while.

Huh, I did a Cyclone build and never noticed a major issue other that getting stuck. Maybe I'm an accurate clicker. :D

Played a bit these past few days and hit 40/40 challenges, a first for me as I tended to play Standard league mostly. Most annoying challenge was probably the 1000 tri-league map challenge, when I was almost L96 playing normally I was at like 450/1000. Like many other players I simply spam chained shaped mesas killing the boss only to complete it. IMO the challenge should have been 500/500, but completion wouldn't be just killing the boss - but also completing the three leaguestone effects in the map. Spent more than 1500 chaos on various stuff for some of the challenges, like stones, talismans, maps, sac sets, etc.

My 40/40 challenge trophy, woot:
15ssd2.jpg

I started playing again. I started hardcore but died to something at like 50. I don't remember what. I think I'm over HC in games like these. I don't have the mindset anymore for it. I'm playing LSC and enjoy the game more than I ever did when playing HC. It's a relief honestly. It opens up a lot more build possibilities when you don't have to worry about dying. And the game is still challenging. The exp penalty sucks which is deterrent enough.

So yes, enjoying the game again. HC only made me bitter. Haven't played SC seriously ever in an ARPG like this probably ever. Mind blown.

Guess I'm getting old lol

This game is brutal in hardcore. There are so many random corpse explosions, bleeding, and chaos or physical talisman traps it's far too easy to die. I would go nuts trying to level a HC toon in this game.

This game is brutal in hardcore. There are so many random corpse explosions, bleeding, and chaos or physical talisman traps it's far too easy to die. I would go nuts trying to level a HC toon in this game.

For sure. I put a lot of hours into HC mode over the years. I'm finally over that I think.

Any word on performance improvements in 3.0? This sucker can chug on my set up, meanwhile other ARPGs such as Diablo 3 and Grim Dawn are perfectly smooth.

Any word on performance improvements in 3.0? This sucker can chug on my set up, meanwhile other ARPGs such as Diablo 3 and Grim Dawn are perfectly smooth.

I believe Bex_GGG stated they'll be replacing almost all art assets with improved/optimized versions, but that won't be a fix-all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back