Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I RIPed doing a T11 Wasteland Map.

if3k79.png

I knew going it would probably be certain death. It would have taken me forever to chip the boss down. I got hit with a shot that did about 10k damage. That left me about 2500 ES. The adds that Voll spawns killed me in like 2 hits lol

It was a good run. I was ready to be done anyway. To standard with that character and wait for next season.

Lol. Ele weakness, reduced max res, added lightning.. crit/multi.. yeah.. riparino on that one.

they can indeed. some of those rolls are hybrid.. like crit/multi, the other quant/qual mods don't really count, nor does the essence.

edit:
In fact.. this was one of the challenges last league. you had to run 8-mod corrupted maps, one of each tier.. iirc, it wasn't too bad.. Vaal or no Balls!

Last edited:
Huh, so learned something new yesterday...when you combine more than one trigger on the same item, none of them work!

Ran a couple maps with maxed out Sextants, had a 150%+ Armory, spent tons of currency; it was certainly fun but and got a few maps more than normal but certainly wasn't worth the price. And now I'm pretty much cleaned out on sextants...used ~10 white, ~25 yellow, ~15 red, still lots sitting on the atlas but I feel like I won't have many leftover after a long session playing.

Just logging in an fooling around a bit, after seeing mathil's doomfletch prism build decided to spam a few fuses on a perfect (14/40) one I had, 6 linked it in about 140 fus.
RXmmjbG.jpg

After hitting that spammed some fus on a nice roll oro's in my stash, hit 6L in 19 fus.
EzGXxYx.jpg

Back when I 6L'd my starforge in about 100 fus I had spammed some fus on a Cospri's will, hit 6L in 1100 fus
lDbsEQr.jpg

Don't even plan on using these items, just fooling around now cause the grind to L98 burned me out. When you're logging in and just spamming fuses on random junk in your stash for no reason then logging out I think it's time for a break from the game.

I lost my 88 hardcore summoner Templar. I'm really bummed about it. Was at the end of that unique map with 4 totems and a final totem with the ~1500% quality addition. Fighting the last boss. He was nearly dead. I was out of health pots. I thought I could finish him off. He got me.

What a bummer.

Reactions: Aix.
like this
Logged in for 5 mins, 6Ld this sick roll belly in 189 fusings, then logged out.
4ONBOIp.jpg

This is becoming a bad habit now, gotta break it cause I don't even intend to use these items. At least it isn't as bad as some players who vaal everything they own as their bad habit :p

Where are you getting all those fusings
I recently mapped a lot (L97 to L98) and picked up every fusing that dropped. You can also buy fusings at a discount rate from Vorici once you level him up a bit. (20fus for 64jews once a day I think (pick up 6s items and vendor them for jews)) You can also convert your currency to fusings via trading with other players if you want.

When you're new to the game a few thousand fusings sounds like a lot, I remember spending 881 fusings to 6L a Taryn's Shiver way back in the days of open beta and thinking that was an insane amount of wealth in one item, nowadays you see people spending thousands of fusings in one go without batting an eye.

If you seriously want to 6L an item you might want to use vorici (he will do it for 1500 fus), as you can be unlucky and not 6L an item in 4000+ fus. Or you can go for the gamble, which is statistically cheaper but can be risky if you're unlucky.

I've been playing PoE for a couple of years now , and I just recently crafted my first 6 link body, it took me 40 jewelers and 40 fusing I got extremely lucky, after that I tried to 6 link another body and spent over 200 fusing with no luck!

Is Righteous Fire still viable? I had a RF Maurader, but iirc Templar would have been just as good for the role.

Yup, working on a Righteous Fire Chieftain Marauder right now.

The only really required piece of equipment is a Rise of the Phoenix shield that gives you +8% to max fire resist.

Marauder, Duelist, Scion, Templar...they're all viable options with pretty much any of their ascendancies.

The game is getting patched fairly soon, with an x64 client, and directx 11 options, for those who care, or want to give it a whirl. Also, Capes!

I'll wait for next league to test it. The new skills are totally meh and melee still needs love.

The game is getting patched fairly soon, with an x64 client, and directx 11 options, for those who care, or want to give it a whirl. Also, Capes!

Any rough eta on this ? Always wanted to give this game a better try and likely would be a good time to do it.

I believe this friday from what all the buzz has said on reddit. For now, i'm just dorking around in standard. buying into a mjolner build has been.. interesting.

Anyone else here addicted to hardcore? I just can't even enjoy standard after playing hardcore.
My highest character so far has lived to 88 in hardcore.

I found my first six link in the couple years I've played. Probably a couple thousand hours. It is a tabula rasa found in cruel act 3 in the current hardcore league.

I play softcore because i'm casual. grats on your first 6l.. mine was some trash chestpiece in the one month flashback due to a tempest.. was nice at the time.. also, next patch is confirmed for this friday, new league will be starting on december 2nd.

I found my first six link in the couple years I've played. Probably a couple thousand hours. It is a tabula rasa found in cruel act 3 in the current hardcore league.

Wow, crazy. And Tabula Rasa isn't a typical 6L. It's just a unique that's always an all white 6L. I've found a couple of white 6L items and a Tabula, and I've only been playing since August. The white items were no good for me, but I was able to sell them for a nice pile of Chaos.

probably some of it has to do with the fact you can't really even find six link until you are in the 50's. When I die, I discard the character because I play hardcore solely. So I spend too much time leveling up new chars again at levels that those types of drops aren't even an option. I've lost probably 25 characters between 40 and 70. A couple chars that are 70+, and that one character in the high 80's.

I make my own builds - I don't use guides. (probably obvious, ha) But I've noticed if your character isn't built well it will die to a random mob in the high 50's typically. That's when the difficulty finally starts ramping up IMO. My most survivable characters have been high heath, high armor, and or summoners. My mages, and evasion based characters are fun to play - but really don't seem to stand much chance of getting to elite levels without buying top shelf gear. I haven't spent as much time with the game since the ascendancy leagues came out. But I"m not really sure I'm a fan of those ascendancy dungeons anyway. They tried to make it a movement based game on a game engine that is point to click and attack --- it doesn't seem a good match to have any accidental movement result in death to a saw blade or fire pit or whatever.

hardcore's ok, but not my cup of tea.. I don't like starting over. But a general rule of thumb, outside of stacking your defenses, is once you're about half-way thru cruel, you should already be working on your next character. Doing labs isn't too bad, though. Some of it is doable, and some is just a no-no. Remember, the game was just fine before ascendancies came out.

New patch and client are out (2.4.2), new league details are up (Breach). New client runs a bit smoother.. New league and prizes look better. (portal effect at 24, wings at 36). Also, new supporter packs are up.

I'm currently in ACT 2 and am lvl 17 or 18 and the game is failing to hold my attention. I feel it's a better game than Diablo 3, but the art is extremely ugly, which is a big turnoff. Does it become more interesting later?
I have several ARPG's to chose from. Diablo 3, Wolcen, Grim Dawn, Torchling II, Path of Exile... I need an excuse to play this.

I'm currently in ACT 2 and am lvl 17 or 18 and the game is failing to hold my attention. I feel it's a better game than Diablo 3, but the art is extremely ugly, which is a big turnoff. Does it become more interesting later?
I have several ARPG's to chose from. Diablo 3, Wolcen, Grim Dawn, Torchling II, Path of Exile... I need an excuse to play this.

It DOES get better, but realize alot of the enjoyment can come from league play, and there's also quite a bit to do beyond the actual story line. Just being level 17 or 18, I feel like you really haven't gotten to experience the game in it's fullest, and dug into mapping, the end game labyrinth, trading to an extent, and trying out different skills. What could be a problem is you haven't really experimented with skills and supporting them properly, which again, is a level issue. Once you hit around 35-40, it should feel better.

I'm currently in ACT 2 and am lvl 17 or 18 and the game is failing to hold my attention.
It's an indie game, so the animations and art will not have the production quality of a Blizzard game. PoE starts off really slow, though gets better as you level up and get more options (esp support gems) for your build. Check some of the builds on the class forums on the official website, many of them have videos included showcasing what end game plays like.

It's an indie game, so the animations and art will not have the production quality of a Blizzard game. PoE starts off really slow, though gets better as you level up and get more options (esp support gems) for your build. Check some of the builds on the class forums on the official website, many of them have videos included showcasing what end game plays like.

Yeah, the game is all about the gem combos and passive tree synergies. I feel like the "grind" is the first 50 or so levels (depending on the build) before a build really comes into its own.

but the art is extremely ugly, which is a big turnoff.
Ugly, you say?

S3iyHO0.png

And here's an older pic. They "incrementally update" the art, sound, interface, etc., with each patch, and have been doing so far years. I always liked the gritty style.
Ihi32dK.jpg

I managed to finish Act 3 and unlock Scion. I didn't find a way to change difficulty, the game was too easy. I was running around with an archer and one shotting mobs with split arrow.

It does look better than Diablo 3, but the artstyle makes it different and not very appealing. The characters are not "badass".
That and the fact that maps are way too big are my two biggest issues with the game. I've had the same problem with Torchlight 2 and Grim Dawn. Way too big maps. I keep running along the wall and am like "omg this never ends, and I have to run to the other side as well and then also check the middle". That already kill my will to play.
Van Helsing (the first one, didn't play the others) had a crapload of mobs everywhere, that was another thing that couldn't get me to continue playing.

Now, Diablo 3 is not a better game than PoE, but artstyle and smaller maps make it more fun in *my opinion*. That's a big deal to me.

Like I said before, there's alot you haven't explored. Movement skills and quicksilver flasks make the game alot quicker, also, You need to finish act 4 before you can bump up to the next difficulty. Give it a shot.

It's just bad game design. I enjoyed POE for many hours but I started playing when the closed beta first started. If I were a new player picking it up now, I'd probably uninstall before finishing normal. It's still slow and clunky. Many skills are awful until you get a better gear and gems/links.

"Keep going. It gets better." That means it isn't good until then and that's poor design.

It's just bad game design. I enjoyed POE for many hours but I started playing when the closed beta first started. If I were a new player picking it up now, I'd probably uninstall before finishing normal. It's still slow and clunky. Many skills are awful until you get a better gear and gems/links.

"Keep going. It gets better." That means it isn't good until then and that's poor design.
I think poe is one of the beter arpg in a long time. There are so many ways to build a guy in poe

You're not supposed to be a world destroyer at level 10, and I've yet to play an ARPG where that wasn't the case. There's more AoE and movement skills in the game than ever, plus they've streamlined a lot of the areas to be quicker to traverse. If you're just attacking with a white twig over and over again then sure, but otherwise I'm not buying that the game is still "slow and clunky" like back in the beta days. Playing a Descent Champions race can quickly show how intense a low level experience can be with just one simple unique item and motivation to go fast.

You're not supposed to be a world destroyer at level 10, and I've yet to play an ARPG where that wasn't the case. There's more AoE and movement skills in the game than ever, plus they've streamlined a lot of the areas to be quicker to traverse. If you're just attacking with a white twig over and over again then sure, but otherwise I'm not buying that the game is still "slow and clunky" like back in the beta days. Playing a Descent Champions race can quickly show how intense a low level experience can be with just one simple unique item and motivation to go fast.

You're in denial. POE is still awful in terms of fluidity, animations, etc when compared to other ARPGs like Grim Dawn or Diablo 3. It does other things that make it great though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back