Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a Vortex DoT build last season. Guess I'll go back to elemental Siege Ballista and check out this new Atlas stuff.. With a good bow I had 25k tooltip dps per totem. Hopefully Far Shot will add much more dps to that.

If anyone has an H guild I would join.

Is there an [H] guild setup? Just starting to get into this game. I probably won't have more than a couple of hours here and there to play, though, so I don't expect to make anywhere near the crazy fast progress some of you guys have made already in this league.

I'm currently the only active officer, I don't even remember who the guild leader is off hand but he hasn't logged on years AFAIK. Send me a tell ingame and I'll get you invited. If you need anything or have questions feel free to message in game or in guild channel (&). IGN is GeneWilder. I play weekends pretty often and weekdays usually 6-11pm est on/off. Except tonight...getting me some tonight :smug:

Actually, It's LeninGHOLA.. Whom I haven't seen in nearly a year. I have a feeling he'll pop in at some point, but I think he has connectivity issues where he lives, now. Something about the side of a mountain or some such.

Hit a wall in progression at T8/T9/T10, rolled a real nice one as my last good map left... Ended up with 2 T10's, a T11 and a Gorge (T13). Kept me going for a while but still feeling that drought every dozen or so rotating up and down.

I highly suggest trading / buying <T10 maps that you haven't unlocked from the atlas, the price (usually going in 2-4 alch or 3-6 chisel) is worth getting that 1% bonus and the possibilities of higher maps. Another thing to do is suck it up and pay for entry to the unique maps. I paid 2c for Vaults of Atziri (still disappointing), Maelstrom of Chaos (paid for itself), Coward's Trial (still junk map even at higher tier); 3c for olmec's. Apparently Perandus Manor is super-rare, some dude was asking for an exalt just to go.

Hit a wall in progression at T8/T9/T10, rolled a real nice one as my last good map left... Ended up with 2 T10's, a T11 and a Gorge (T13). Kept me going for a while but still feeling that drought every dozen or so rotating up and down.

I highly suggest trading / buying <T10 maps that you haven't unlocked from the atlas, the price (usually going in 2-4 alch or 3-6 chisel) is worth getting that 1% bonus and the possibilities of higher maps. Another thing to do is suck it up and pay for entry to the unique maps. I paid 2c for Vaults of Atziri (still disappointing), Maelstrom of Chaos (paid for itself), Coward's Trial (still junk map even at higher tier); 3c for olmec's. Apparently Perandus Manor is super-rare, some dude was asking for an exalt just to go.

I'm up to t6 starting from scratch. Running all my t2/t3 to convert them to t4/t5. I can't afford to reroll yet so I'm just alching my lower tiers and saving the higher stuff.

I recently started playing again with my buddy. We joined the guild a couple years ago.

I created a Templar for the Lazy Pally build on the Essence League (first char non-standard). I finally got 1 character to Ascend (normal difficulty). It's kind of intimidating trying to remember the nuances of some of my older high level chars on standard league (flickerstrike shadow with blood rage is quite the glass cannon)

I organized the guild stash a little (Essence), hope you guys don't mind. I used some stuff for lower levels and added some stuff while I've been leveling over the past week.

The essence shards are pretty neat. I like that addition because it encourages you to use them along the way of leveling and it's like an Orb of Alchemy, though a little better.

I assume they didn't enable essence items and monster packs in standard league, right?

I recently started playing again with my buddy. We joined the guild a couple years ago.

I created a Templar for the Lazy Pally build on the Essence League (first char non-standard). I finally got 1 character to Ascend (normal difficulty). It's kind of intimidating trying to remember the nuances of some of my older high level chars on standard league (flickerstrike shadow with blood rage is quite the glass cannon)

I organized the guild stash a little (Essence), hope you guys don't mind. I used some stuff for lower levels and added some stuff while I've been leveling over the past week.

The essence shards are pretty neat. I like that addition because it encourages you to use them along the way of leveling and it's like an Orb of Alchemy, though a little better.

I assume they didn't enable essence items and monster packs in standard league, right?

No essence in standard. After the league ends they might get moved over.

huh.... I really like the essences. Orbs of Alchemy are much more rare in standard league. It's fun to craft leveling gear along the way.

What about the Prophecies? Will they move over to standard? unfinished prophecies?

I just got a prophecy that guarantees 5L by using 1 jeweller's orb. Was going to save it for a high level chest armor.

huh.... I really like the essences. Orbs of Alchemy are much more rare in standard league. It's fun to craft leveling gear along the way.

What about the Prophecies? Will they move over to standard? unfinished prophecies?

I just got a prophecy that guarantees 5L by using 1 jeweller's orb. Was going to save it for a high level chest armor.

Prophecies are in all leagues. Those were from previous challenge league.

Started session yesterday doing some rotations, got a rat's nest from beach while finishing a Zana. Managed jump into another 3 "free zana" groups and now sitting at ~75% toward 7. Later I decided that since I had Agnerod West and South, I would buy North and East (~25c each) to run Vinktar. Cleared the bosses with no issues, got the 20% phys to lightning version of flask (~5ex atm on ESC) then finished clearing and got an Exalt drop. Deciding whether to use the flask or sell.

Then towards the end of the night my gems hit lvl 20 and I upgraded them all... including my backups... so I had to run a bunch of low maps to get my dps back up to usable level.

Reactions: Aix.
like this
Nice! Got my first exalt drop and ended up changing it for chaos and buying a Rat's Nest and a few other upgrades. Also 5-linked my Daresso's Defiance, and it's amazing how much that helps for endurance charges/immortal call. Playing a pretty standard tornado shot ranger this time around and will try something of the beaten path depending on what drops I get moving forward.

Reactions: Aix.
like this
I need to make a new char, I hit 90 and am in that "die once, buy a 15c piece of gear, change around 6 passives, end up in worse shape than previously" phase. To explain further:
I bought a heretic's veil thinking "I'll do two blasphemy curses"
then I remembered "I need +1 curses somehow"...
so I started looking for amulets ... and nothing was good enough cuz I was tight on raw stats + resists ...
So I started vaal'ing all the various amulets in my stash, actually got on the 8th that was decent...
but I had to bounce around stuff and buy another ring and change around some crafted stuff...
So now I had two curses... but then I realized that if I do two curses while also using my arctic armor, I'm at ~100 mana remaining... and my char is supposed to be MoM...
So I drop MoM, get rid of some mana nodes, and now I'm just barely able to run Warlord's Mark + Enfeeble (or Vuln or temp chains) + Arctic Armor, as long as the map doesn't have 80% reduced or zero regen.

And my biggest issue (big one shots) still exist. I have 5700hp and 3300 ES, but the ES doesn't recharge enough/fast. So I need to find some 1ex+ rings that I can put 20% faster ES recharge on, which would put me in a good spot.

I love this game but as soon as I start overthinking a build I stop mapping, which means I stop being "productive". All the time wasted/dying testing things I could have hit 92 by now, which would make tinkering with the build far easier...

>Playing a pretty standard tornado shot ranger this time around and will try something of the beaten path depending on what drops I get moving forward.

How is survival / clear speed?

I need to make a new char, I hit 90 and am in that "die once, buy a 15c piece of gear, change around 6 passives, end up in worse shape than previously" phase. To explain further:
I bought a heretic's veil thinking "I'll do two blasphemy curses"
then I remembered "I need +1 curses somehow"...
so I started looking for amulets ... and nothing was good enough cuz I was tight on raw stats + resists ...
So I started vaal'ing all the various amulets in my stash, actually got on the 8th that was decent...
but I had to bounce around stuff and buy another ring and change around some crafted stuff...
So now I had two curses... but then I realized that if I do two curses while also using my arctic armor, I'm at ~100 mana remaining... and my char is supposed to be MoM...
So I drop MoM, get rid of some mana nodes, and now I'm just barely able to run Warlord's Mark + Enfeeble (or Vuln or temp chains) + Arctic Armor, as long as the map doesn't have 80% reduced or zero regen.

And my biggest issue (big one shots) still exist. I have 5700hp and 3300 ES, but the ES doesn't recharge enough/fast. So I need to find some 1ex+ rings that I can put 20% faster ES recharge on, which would put me in a good spot.

I love this game but as soon as I start overthinking a build I stop mapping, which means I stop being "productive". All the time wasted/dying testing things I could have hit 92 by now, which would make tinkering with the build far easier...

>Playing a pretty standard tornado shot ranger this time around and will try something of the beaten path depending on what drops I get moving forward.

How is survival / clear speed?
Yeah I hear you. Nothing like having all your gear set and making any little change which causes a huge cascade of side effects.

Clear speed so far is good, but I'm low on life. Will be investing my next 6-7 skill points into life and may also regret a few damage and mana leech passives and change for life as well. My gear could use a few upgrades (no life on rings or amulet, which hurts). Once I get fully geared I think it should be pretty tanky outside of massive one shots (ugh), and the Daresso's + IC + CWDT combo is quite nice. I didn't take Vaal Pact though which makes elemental reflect hurt, but I'm dodging around 2/3 of hits so it isn't too rippy. No way I'd do it in hardcore though.

I leveled up a CI Wild Strike build in HC Essence. It's a lot of fun. Great pack clearing but still a little trouble with some map bosses. 83 at the moment working into tier 5 maps. Got a 6L. Really enjoying this character. I'll be sad when it dies.

I leveled up a CI Wild Strike build in HC Essence. It's a lot of fun. Great pack clearing but still a little trouble with some map bosses. 83 at the moment working into tier 5 maps. Got a 6L. Really enjoying this character. I'll be sad when it dies.
Impressive. Wish i could do HC, but i always die before i'm ready lol

Impressive. Wish i could do HC, but i always die before i'm ready lol

Don't feel bad. I have all the patience in the world, then I get this wild look in my eye and an evil grin on my face. Next thing I know I'm in the middle of 30 mobs trading blow by blow with them. The grin gets wider and the more mobs are attracted to my recklessness. Subtly, GGG will send the silent assassin into the fray. It is a mob with near one shot mechanics, but will leave you with just a sliver of health.

You are in the zone. You never notice it shadowing your every move. You miss it in the cacophony of sound effects and smoke arising from the battlefield. It is near hidden. Suddenly it strikes. Your health hits 1%. "WTF man" your brain thinks, but your mouth can't utter. Your lips are frozen. Your eyes are fixated on your health bar. You are scared sh*tless; then you remember the potion button. Please let me hit the potion. Please no lag.

You hit it. Nothing happens. You died. You watch your replay via your recording software. You swear on your great grandfather's grave that you hit it fast enough. The entire server send their condolences to you.

R.I.P. young man / woman. It was a darn good run. Time to make a new character and try again!

I hit 57 on my Earthquake Duelist (Champion) yesterday (up to 60 now) and picked up a 5-socketed Marohi Erqi (3R and 1B linked, 1R unlinked) on the cheap (think it was 2 chaos).

What kind of luck have you guys had with orbs of fusing? Pondering if I should take a crack at making it into a 5L (especially since it's already got the socket colors I want), or flip it for 5-6 chaos and look to buy a 5L (trending at around 25-30 chaos).

Don't try to 5L or 6L an item unless it has 6 sockets (5 sockets reduces the chance).

For a item with six sockets, the chance of a 5L is approx one in 120-150 fusings, and the chance of a 6L is approx 1 in 1200-1400 fusings. Unfortunately RNG can be a bitch - you might get a 6L in 10 fusings, or you might take 3000+. To save yourself potential heartache, you can use the Vorici crafting bench to 6 link an item for 1500 fusings cost, which is my preferential method of 6L an item. (you will need to level up Vorici to at least 7 before you get the 6L option)

I put like ~65hrs in over the weekend...Not much to show for it...My physically eyes hurt though. Might have to take a break for a day. :hungover:

I put like ~65hrs in over the weekend...Not much to show for it...My physically eyes hurt though. Might have to take a break for a day. :hungover:
Good god you are lucky you made it through alive, especially since there are only 48 hours in a weekend!

My Wild Strike CI witch in HC Essence is 86 now. I got a fucking bad ass 1h mace off poe.trade. 411 total dps with 311 physical and a 40% implicit elemental damage mod (fucking godly weapon for wild strike). Wrecking shit pretty hard now.

Leap slam sucks ass compared to whirling blades though. Whirling blades is broken in comparison to the other movement skills. You don't realize it until you have to use something else.

Don't try to 5L or 6L an item unless it has 6 sockets (5 sockets reduces the chance).

For a item with six sockets, the chance of a 5L is approx one in 120-150 fusings, and the chance of a 6L is approx 1 in 1200-1400 fusings. Unfortunately RNG can be a bitch - you might get a 6L in 10 fusings, or you might take 3000+. To save yourself potential heartache, you can use the Vorici crafting bench to 6 link an item for 1500 fusings cost, which is my preferential method of 6L an item. (you will need to level up Vorici to at least 7 before you get the 6L option)

and how in the heck does one accumulate 1500 fusings?!
hat's off to you sir if you're not buying them from the chinese farms.

I've been playing quite a bit over the past 2 months. I now have a level 72 Templar (Lazy Pally) build on the Essence league. I'm starting mapping. I think my highest level char of all time was only 86 in PoE.

I got the Prophecy of 5L chest armor with 1 jeweller's orb. I saved that prophecy until I had a high level armor. Farmed some entry level maps for some level 68 Glorious Plates then used a few different Essences until I got a good set of attributes. I'm VERY happy with it now.

I think my char is doing very well, considering all my gear is self found/made.

My DPS is around 14k now, and I'm just slicing through the mobs on Tier 1 maps.

gear.jpg

If anybody wants to play some entry level maps or help me with Dominus, I'd be grateful for the company! "Old_Fogie"

Last edited:
I'm up to 88 now. Payed for an Uber Lab run and got my last ascendancy points. Picked up Liege for my Elementalist and running dual golem with double buffs. Pretty awesome now. I've stacked serious amounts of attack speed and the ~20% AS from the light golem is huge. With leech I can basically face tank whatever. Throw in an onslaught flask and it's pure silliness. I'm only into tier 9 maps at the moment though and I'm sure it'll get more difficult.

The character is really fun to play. It's the first pure melee character I've had that also has awesome clear speed. With 12.5k ES I feel very tanky except in a few crazy situatuons. I almost ripped to some Beyond mobs and a really serious bleed. I'm going to pick up an Energy From Within for another ~18% (or something like that) ES and I'll be taking all nearby jewel slots to fill with 15% Phys/5% AS/8% ES jewels.

Last edited:
I'm up to 88 now. Payed for an Uber Lab run and got my last ascendancy points. Picked up Liege for my Elementalist and running dual golem with double buffs. Pretty awesome now. I've stacked serious amounts of attack speed and the ~20% AS from the light golem is huge. With leech I can basically face tank whatever. Throw in an onslaught flask and it's pure silliness. I'm only into tier 9 maps at the moment though and I'm sure it'll get more difficult.

The character is really fun to play. It's the first pure melee character I've had that also has awesome clear speed. With 12.5k ES I feel very tanky except in a few crazy situatuons. I almost ripped to some Beyond mobs and a really serious bleed. I'm going to pick up an Energy From Within for another ~18% (or something like that) ES and I'll be taking all nearby jewel slots to fill with 15% Phys/5% AS/8% ES jewels.

What build are you doing? are you following a guide?

What build are you doing? are you following a guide?

CI Wild Strike Elementalist

I'm not following a guide. I read about some similar builds using Wild Strike, but they were life based. It's a lot of fun. I just face tank pretty much all map bosses up to tier 10. Well, it was more difficult before I got good gear, but now eveything has fallen into place. I'm 89 now and will get another jewel slot at 90 which should be nice. I also just vendored my gems for 20% variants on skills that it makes a difference on and that'll be a nice boost after they level up again.

CI Wild Strike Elementalist

I'm not following a guide. I read about some similar builds using Wild Strike, but they were life based. It's a lot of fun. I just face tank pretty much all map bosses up to tier 10. Well, it was more difficult before I got good gear, but now eveything has fallen into place. I'm 89 now and will get another jewel slot at 90 which should be nice. I also just vendored my gems for 20% variants on skills that it makes a difference on and that'll be a nice boost after they level up again.

It's been a long time since I played my CI character. I forget, do bleeding effects just transfer over to consume ES?

Would you mind posting your skill tree & some tips? What kind of weapon do you use? What skill gems did you link to wild strike? Reading the gamepedia page for it is interesting because it says that many of the support gems only affect either the primary strike or the secondary elemental effect.

Any unique items that are a "MUST" have for the build?

I'm rather curious about this and like trying new builds.

Last edited:
It's been a long time since I played my CI character. I forget, do bleeding effects just transfer over to consume ES?

Would you mind posting your skill tree & some tips? What kind of weapon do you use? What skill gems did you link to wild strike? Reading the gamepedia page for it is interesting because it says that many of the support gems only affect either the primary strike or the secondary elemental effect.

Any unique items that are a "MUST" have for the build?

I'm rather curious about this and like trying new builds.

Yea, bleeds go to ES. The linking is complicated with WS as things do impact it different. I've built around stacking phys and elemental damage being everything is initially based on your phys. My 6L is WS-Melee Splash-Multistrike-Faster Attacks-Weapon elemental damage-elemental focus.

I tied melee phys damage and phys to lightning but this setup seems best.

Elementalist Ascendancy is perfect for wildstrike being you do all three types of elemental damage and get the permanent 30% resist penetration. 100% increased elemental damage and dual golem with double buffs is huge. Also get 40% increased damage for each golem type. The reduced reflect and reduced elemental damage are nice too. Get a damage boost when you take elemental damage as well. Definitely the ideal ascendancy. None of this stuff shows up accurately on tool tip DPS (at least I don't think). Tool tip DPS is about 25k. Gems still leveling again after upgrading to 20%.

Passive wise I just stacked ES and whatever damage was convenient on the way to the life leech nodes and Vaal Pact. I stacked Phys damage and attack speed while skipping crit because I felt I couldnt get enough. I took some shield passive for 100% bonus ES from shield which equates to like 3k ES with a 450+ ES shield. Now I'm stacking jewels as they give the best per point increases. Basically it costs two passive points to pick up a nice combo of damage/es or pure damage.

I'm into tier 11s now. Had a few scares. The Malformation Piety boss nearly RIPed me. I had a prophecy for twinned boss and didn't realize it. I managed to kill them but it was hairy.

Passive Tree: Passive Skill Tree - Path of Exile

The weapon is key as it usually is for melee. This one is ridiculous for WS.

30bl4sk.png

The implicit is huge for WS. Also 300+ pDPS and then the lightning as a bonus.

Eye of Chayula is the only mandatory unique to prevent stuns. I bought a corrupted version with 8% attack speed to get the most out of the slot. I use Rainbow Strides as well but just because they had more ES and resists than my previous boots when I found them. The little spell block helps some I'm sure.

Last edited:
Wow! that's a nice mace! did you craft it? How'd you get that implicit mod? just re-roll it a thousand times to get the Pdps and 40% elemental?

Thanks for the explanation. I'd never have thought of building a melee witch.

Chaos & criticals are killing me right now. I just started doing T4 maps

Wow! that's a nice mace! did you craft it? How'd you get that implicit mod? just re-roll it a thousand times to get the Pdps and 40% elemental?

Got it on Poe.trade of course lol

Got a pair of Skyforths from Cadiro in a T16 map on standard league
smvwgWC.jpg

What I had previously posted about the Perandus mod:
Drexion said:
Spent thousands of chaos on the perandus mod since the last patch which brought it to Zana.

From my experience if you run perandus on every map, you can expect about 100 perandus coins per map, you'll probably see Cadiro every 5 maps or so, about every 30 maps you might get a unique map from him, and about every 100-150 maps or so you might get one of the league specific uniques from him.

The perandus mod is not one you should aim for profit or even breaking even, it should be done for fun and nothing else.

Shaper dropped a Starforge for me, was gonna sell it but when I saw it was one of the highest DPS ones on the entire server atm I decided to throw some fusings at it, 6 linked it in about 100 fusings. Not using it, though I might hold on to it now.
VZhtNwj.jpg

Well, to get that implicit mod, he used a void sceptre.. pretty much all the implicits are fixed on weapons and most armor now, the exception being rings and amulets generally. Just go dig around poe.trade and see what you're looking for. In that regard, your best bet will be to use the wiki and look at base weapon types to see what your build can be helped with. As far as getting beat down, just keep at it and you'll find better equipment eventually. Hit me up if I'm online, I might be able to help you.

Don't let the DPS on the starforge sword fool you into thinking it's insane, the "no elemental damage" is a huge drawback to the weapon which greatly limits it's viability in typical builds. A huge percentage of the damage from typical "Physical Melee" builds in PoE have always been elemental. There is no 'increased physical damage' aura as of yet, though it was hinted in the past. Right now the couple of builds using it successfully are using poison to scale the DPS.

In the future there may be new skills or auras which make the sword viable for more builds.

Uuuh, Grats on both drexion. I assume I'll see this on reddit soon? :p
The Cadiro deal ? I posted about it on the sub soon after it happened. (link)

Last edited:
Got a pair of Skyforths ...

Shaper dropped a Starforge for me, was gonna sell it but when I saw it was one of the highest DPS ones on the entire server atm I decided to throw some fusings at it, 6 linked it in about 100 fusings. Not using it, though I might hold on to it now.

daammn... somebody's rich! 100 exalts for the 6L starforge and 58 exalts for the boots on poe.trade

i can only dream of finding 1-2 exalts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back