Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at these swords makes me want to try a melee build of some sort. Sitting on this thing right now at 532 pdps http://i.imgur.com/XISZ5B1.png. Need to figure out what the hell to do with it :p

Also looking at phys bow build as well, sitting on a half decent bow.

I've been on a good bit lately, so if you all see me on and want to run lower levels (40s or so) or maps etc in the mid 80s in standard give me a holler!

I've not yet found a map over 75, mainly because I haven't run any maps over 74. Trying to build up a large cache of higher level maps is tough. I keep getting 66-69 map drops when I'm on a 73 map, so it's slow going.

My melee build has been as frustrating as it has been fun, but I still only have 1 character after all this time. (well...I do have another character created, mainly to reserve the name I wanted to reserve)

My frustration has more to do with my stupid mistakes and overconfidence than anything, but there are still some game mechanics that piss me off to no end...Namely, Zana's timed quest where she send you to the Catacombs map with Chilled Ground and Temporal Chains and expects you to kill the 4 Rogue Exiles in 2 minutes.

I zone in, see those mods, then zone back out. Not even trying to do that because it's just not doable.

It's good people play again.. I've got a Mao Kun map i need a few guildmates to help with. it's supposed to be good fun, but i need to find a time when a few of us are on and just throw it out there.

It's good people play again.. I've got a Mao Kun map i need a few guildmates to help with. it's supposed to be good fun, but i need to find a time when a few of us are on and just throw it out there.
Mao Kun's a funny one because the whole way it works is that you find treasure chests that drop tons of decent currency. The problem is that in a party, that currency gets split up and you kinda don't really get much once it's all split. It's not like there's any difficulty involved either, its a very easy map.

Clearing the map is actually pretty obnoxious. You have to run around finding these chests as they appear bit by bit and killing mobs that only spawn when the chests are opened. Having a party for that would prolly help since you have to comb the entire map a few times lol.

Was able to get to 98% of lvl 89 and, like my previous post/rant several weeks ago, ran into a strange de-synch/lag issue which cost me 10% while thrashing mobs in the Mine map.

Voidbearer comes up to me, I start wailing on it, its health drops FAST(my health remains at 99% - 100%), then his stops dropping at ~10%. I pop my /oos macro and run away. rubberband back to voidbearer,

I think, "Okay...I need to GTFO right fucking now!"

Bubbling pot, Pop fire flask that has 29% runspeed, jet outta there, hit my pre-existing portal to call home, spawn in hideout, run up to second level of it to drop off loot before I head back, then I rubberband back to the revive screen inside the mine...

Rage Log.

It's frustrating as hell when shit like that happens. srsly.

Which level map is that?

I found a lvl 74 unique Maze map I haven't identified yet because I don't think I can run it solo...

Which level map is that?

I found a lvl 74 unique Maze map I haven't identified yet because I don't think I can run it solo...

Mao Kun is a level 68 map. It has lots of extra lightning damage and can be dangerous if not done carefully. That said, by the time you're level 89, you ought to be able to handle it.

Per your unique map, that's "Olmec's Sanctum". I've seen people breeze through it and I've seen people with strong characters get wrecked in it. Search out some YouTube videos on it and take a look - its an interesting map and has the potential to drop some good loot.

Was able to get to 98% of lvl 89 and, like my previous post/rant several weeks ago, ran into a strange de-synch/lag issue which cost me 10% while thrashing mobs in the Mine map.

Voidbearer comes up to me, I start wailing on it, its health drops FAST(my health remains at 99% - 100%), then his stops dropping at ~10%. I pop my /oos macro and run away. rubberband back to voidbearer,

I think, "Okay...I need to GTFO right fucking now!"

Bubbling pot, Pop fire flask that has 29% runspeed, jet outta there, hit my pre-existing portal to call home, spawn in hideout, run up to second level of it to drop off loot before I head back, then I rubberband back to the revive screen inside the mine...

Rage Log.

It's frustrating as hell when shit like that happens. srsly.

game is good except the desync.
guess they need a new engine overhaul to really fixing it.

Mao Kun is a level 68 map. It has lots of extra lightning damage and can be dangerous if not done carefully. That said, by the time you're level 89, you ought to be able to handle it.

Per your unique map, that's "Olmec's Sanctum". I've seen people breeze through it and I've seen people with strong characters get wrecked in it. Search out some YouTube videos on it and take a look - its an interesting map and has the potential to drop some good loot.

I will hold onto Olmec's for now. I need to revisit all my armor to see if I can craft in some Chaos Resist. Haven't seen Mao Kun, though, and it sounds like a fun map. I pop on a Fairgrave's on lightning-style maps and it really seems to help.

I've gotten the following maps but never saw Mao Kun

Coward's Trial
Maelstrom of Chaos
Temple of Atziri
The one where you gotta kill stuff fast or else you get less and less stuff as time goes by (I skipped the boss on that one because I saw the Youtube video on how retarded that fight is...lol)
Untainted Paradise (Zana Quest...God, I loved all those devourers! That was AWESOME!)

Was given Poorjoy's as a Zana quest 30 minutes before I had to leave for work so I skipped it. Glad I skipped it, TBH

I like Maelstrom because it is a really good test of my ability to Run-n-Gun, so to speak. Can't do the Graveyard, even though it's basically the same fight, because there's some sort of bug or something that causes me to drop to Character select whenever Whirling Blades is cast...I gave up on even zoning into the chamber after clearing the outside portion of the graveyard...

game is good except the desync.
guess they need a new engine overhaul to really fixing it.

While I generally hate De-Sync, I usually cope with it quite well.

I'm not entirely convinced it was solely due to a GGG coding issue in this case. I've been having issues with my Internet connection dropping/coming back up/dropping/coming back up several times a minute for several minutes, on several instances per day. It could simply have been an untimely confluence of De-Sync and this Internet connectivity issue at the same time that caused the death.

That said, I just ordered a new cable splitter and new coax since I've never changed them when I went to a all-digital package. (Yeah...I know...it's 99.99% not likely to be the culprit, but I have to make sure it's not something Comcast can blame as "the" cause before they'll come fix it)

I finally beat Atziri. I'm using a cookie-cutter Atziri killing spec (RF Incinerate) and have watched dozens of runs but, despite that, It still took 10 deaths tonight to make it happen (that is, 4th portal on my second set of fragments). It's an interesting run, trying to learn the mechanics of all the fights and how to avoid the attacks. I remember, when I first started playing, think that the Vaal fight, and Piety, and Dominus were all extremely difficult but now, for the most part, I just breeze through them (provided I'm geared correctly). I'm guessing this will be the same way but practicing sure can be expensive, or time consuming, depending on how you want to get the fragments.

My buddy said a respec us coming soon. True? If so, when?
Well with 1.3 and the new leagues there will be a respec because the tree will change (most likely).
The current leagues are 3-month leagues and will end November 20th(ish) I think. 1.3 releases "in december" along with new challenge leagues. So "soon" means in the next 1-1.5 months :p

Zana sent me to a map to do one of those timed quests

Map had:

98% extra damage modifier
36% more monster life
18% Reflect Phys
18% Reflect Elemental
Mobs have Turbo 60% mode (Move speed, cast speed, attack speed)
Patches of tar

Goal:

Kill 4 exiles

Zana needs to die in a fire

I'm hoping to grab level 90 before the respec. I'm about 89.25 now, but I know I'm gonna die a couple times and my stash of higher level maps is low :(

A fellow guild member, Ty Al, just traded me a NICE roll on a cold-based Doryani's Invitation.. I ty you much for this. Glad to keep it in-house, as well.

Glad to help. I'm hoping to keep some Atziri gear rolling in and I probably won't need a lot of it. I'm happy to bro-deal the guild some of it.

Eh, I'd really like to get my hands on a decently rolled Catalyst, but I'm not seeing where it's worth alot of what people are asking.. time will tell.

Two One-week Rampage+Beyond Leagues start at 5PM PST on Friday, November 28th! There are some pretty nice prizes in there and the combination of the rampage mod (killstreaks) + beyond mobs (dangerous mobs spawn when you kill quickly) should be pretty nuts, especially in hardcore mode.

We're running two one-week league events (one standard and one hardcore) that start this weekend. They'll have the properties of both of the recently completed Rampage and Beyond challenge leagues. Today's news post covers the details and prizes. There's a video version (created by community member HCMonstrLP) here.

The starting time in the PST timezone is 5pm Friday (November 28). This is 3am on Saturday in the Central Europe timezone. The leagues will end one week later.

While the leagues have the properties of both Rampage and Beyond, Unique items specific to those leagues will not drop in these events.

Prizes
We'll pick winners randomly from the people who reach the following levels or higher. The prize levels continue to stack as you level up. You can win prizes from multiple tiers. Both the events draw from the same prize pool (i.e. it doesn't matter which you enter, but if you want an extra challenge, play in the hardcore one). Dead hardcore characters are eligible for prizes corresponding to the level they reached.

Prizes available in the random draw are:

Level 20: 200x Bundle of 10 Skin Transfers
Level 25: 100x Bundle of 6 Stash Tabs
Level 30: 50x Bundle of 6 Premium Stash Tabs
Level 35: 20x Elite Armour Set
Level 40: 20x Seraph Armour Set
Level 45: 20x Verdant Armour Set
Level 50: 20x Arcane Armour Set
Level 55: 20x Vampiric Armour Set
Level 60: 20x Seraph Wings and Tentacle Wings
Level 65: 10x All Alternate Skill Effects currently available (31 total)
Level 70: 10x All Weapon and Shield Skins currently available (13 total)

In addition, the top five players (from each event) by experience will receive an alternate-art Demigod's Eye.

Other Rules

Masters can spawn in these leagues.
The single highest level character in this league on your account will be considered.
Do not enter with multiple accounts - this will disqualify you.
GGG Staff members are not eligible for prizes.
If you're interested to read more about the rules of race events, check out this link.

Black Friday has reached New Zealand it seems and all microtransactions are 50% off this weekend: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1112415

One-week races start tonight at 5PM PST: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1112312

Content Update 1.3.0 was announced for December 12th, showcasing the upcoming 3-month challenge leagues Torment (SC) and Bloodlines (HC) as well as announcing a huge PVP revamp to include PVP tournaments, the first PVP season, and multiple PVP formats.

Also of note for the content update:
Updated Passive Skill Tree

The changes we made to the Witch, Shadow and Ranger sections of the Passive Skill Tree in Forsaken Masters were very well received. We've continued to improve the tree by applying similar changes to the Templar, Duelist and Marauder sections along with their surrounding areas.

In addition to improving progression for melee players and opening up previously unexplored builds, the passive tree changes provide a new and diverse metagame for PvP and PvE players alike.

All players will receive a one-off passive tree reset so that they can adjust their characters to these changes.

8 New Skill Gems and 25 New Uniques

This update introduces seven powerful new player skills and one new support gem. Three counter-attack skills allow you to build reactive melee characters. A pair of new bow skills allows you to either travel rapidly in combat while leaving a decoy behind, or create a remote decoy from afar, with the enemy being unaware of which option you chose. A new lightning melee skill expands the Templar's set of low-level elemental skills, and the introduction of an area-of-effect wand skill creates new options for powerful wand builds.

Content Update 1.3.0 also introduces a wealth of new Unique Items, with 25 more to find, including eleven designed by our community. Six of the items are specific to the new challenge leagues, while others provide new options for both PvP and PvE play.

PvP-Only Characters

Dueling with level 28 characters is very popular within our community - so much so that we're running it as the primary event type in the first PvP season. Because the fun of PvP is in creating builds, perfecting your items and destroying your opponents, we're adding an option to create blank level 28 characters that are only able to play in PvP matches.

These PvP-only characters won't impact regular gameplay, but will allow you to shortcut the process of trying out level 28 PvP builds and creating characters for tournaments. You'll still need to acquire their equipment in the core PvE game.

I'm particularly interested in how these counter-attack melee skills will perform. Should be a lot of fun.

Wow long time since last bump
1.4 AKA 2.0 info out today. It includes act 4, a ton of new stuff etc. However, the BIGGEST news is
Desync is 100% fixed
source:
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...te_of_netcode_with_a4_to_reduce_dsync/cq7wqhs
This is exactly what I've been hoping for in the game since forever.

Other cool stuff includes no less than 50 new unique gear items, "socket" passives on the tree that you can socket new gems into (craftable like other items to give benefits based on mods omg), 20 new unique gems, etc. I'm extremely excited about the direction this patch is going. Lots of info is going around the internet, check it out!

LOL, I was looking for this thread to post the same news.

Holy cow, Act 4 is finally happening :eek: Super excited. And yeah, great to see desync finally being addressed.

PC Gamer's article. Screenshots can be seen at their site.
http://www.pcgamer.com/path-of-exile-the-awakening-expansion-news/

New Zealand studio Grinding Gear Games has done a good job maintaining Path of Exile with updates since the free-to-play action RPG released in late 2013. Soon, they’ll be putting the biggest set of weapons, skill jewels, levels, and other stuff to date in an expansion called The Awakening, "Act 4" of PoE. Grinding Gear stopped by our office earlier this week to show it off.

Path of Exile: The Awakening is making significant additions to the base game’s core systems and story. You’ll wade into Highgate, exploring the home of “The Beast,” a big bad who’s awakening could trigger a cataclysm. Within Highgate, Grinding Gear showed me levels that were constructed from the dreams of characters in Path of Exile lore. There was Daresso’s Dream, a muddy area that had the look of WWI trenches mixed with a Roman arena. The level itself culminated in an arena-style fight, a reflection of Daresso’s history as a character. Grinding Gear says there will be nine “act boss-caliber” boss fights in The Awakening, some of whom will be against legendary figures from Wraeclast’s past, like Voll, Kaom, and Daresso himself.

More exciting, maybe, are the changes you'll be able to make to existing characters and the new builds that The Awakening's new items should inspire. Path of Exile is known for its ludicrous skill tree, but instead of simply making that sprawling web of icons more enormous, Grinding Gear are adding new socketable jewels that have interesting effects over a radius within the skill tree—see above. They’re adding AOE effects within the skill tree, essentially. One jewel they showed me, Eldritch Knowledge, gave +1% increased chaos damage per 10 INT from allocated passives in radius. So if you could find a spot in the tree where you’d already allocated a lot of intelligence bonus-granting skills, you could stack a bunch of chaos damage atop that. Other jewels I saw are more mechanical than stat-driven: Selfless Leadership applies bonuses from passives within the radius to your minions instead of you, and Intuitive Leap grants you the passives within a radius while being able to ignore their requirements.

Grinding Gear’s goal is to give players exciting tools and ideas to play with. “We love it when the community comes up with a build that we've never seen before,” producer and lead programmer Jonathan Rogers told me. Partly because the possibilities presented by this new mechanic are so great, however, Grinding Gear will run a beta for The Awakening beginning April 20. You can sign up for it here.

The Awakening will also add new equipment (Maraketh weapons) and more than 70 new unique items to bring against now double the number of different enemies. I saw Empire's Grasp, a pair of Goliath Gauntlets that reversed knockback damage—the item would essentially pull enemies toward you, which is especially useful against some bosses, Grinding Gear told me. There was also Sire of Shards, which caused socketed gems to fire their spell in a nova, encouraging you to get right into the middle of enemies so your spell could erupt from all directions.

Grinding Gear says they’ll also be touching up other details of the game, like UI presentation and gameplay options, in the expansion. PoE’s also being rebalanced for new players to make their entry into the game a bit smoother. I'm surprised that a new character class isn't part of the bundle, but otherwise this seems like a massive wave of new toys and new content for hardcore left-clickers to play with.

LOL, I was looking for this thread to post the same news.

Holy cow, Act 4 is finally happening :eek: Super excited. And yeah, great to see desync finally being addressed.

PC Gamer's article. Screenshots can be seen at their site.
http://www.pcgamer.com/path-of-exile-the-awakening-expansion-news/

Interesting changes. Where do you see desync getting addressed?

I'm also surprised that trading posts are not in the game yet. Due to the low drop rates and vast number of affixes which can appear on items, this is one area that I really wanted to see improved.

Interesting changes. Where do you see desync getting addressed?

About that desync thing, I saw it from the previous post by Sn0_Man where he linked to the reddit post. I don't think it's being discussed in these press release.

Was just coming to bump this myself too. I've still been playing regularly and am pretty hyped for the changes. These are massive additions and I hope they work out well.

About that desync thing, I saw it from the previous post by Sn0_Man where he linked to the reddit post. I don't think it's being discussed in these press release.

Oh lol totally skipped over his post. This is very exciting news indeed!

They'll bring me back for sure with this new desync free mode!

Desync, pretty much the only reason I never took this game seriously and played mostly Standard. I wouldn't mind coming back to this game if there are new skills.

I always pulled a 30-50 ping on their servers (but still got terrible desync), so with the new networking it should actually be playable! I wonder if this means desync prone skills will no longer be an issue like cyclone, multistrike blink strike, etc. It always felt stupid that so many skills simply weren't viable due to desync (along with most melee builds)

I always pulled a 30-50 ping on their servers (but still got terrible desync), so with the new networking it should actually be playable! I wonder if this means desync prone skills will no longer be an issue like cyclone, multistrike blink strike, etc. It always felt stupid that so many skills simply weren't viable due to desync (along with most melee builds)

Yep! I always loved the idea of cyclone for my claw shadow, but never felt it was that good, mainly because of desync. I felt like it wasn't doing much damage, but the problem was actually that i thought i should be hitting guys that weren't even there.

Really can't wait to try this game again. The devs were smart to make this a priority. Hopefully when it's solid they'll move onto trading posts

Good to see them addressing the desync after saying it would never be fixed. I always got a low ping to the servers as well, so this is good news for me. I'll actually come back and try it again after dropping it in disgust more than 2 years ago :eek:.

So when will this ACT 4 go in? I haven't played in like a year+ as I got tired of the same maps over and over and over lol.....would def try it again with new content and desynch fixed.

Speaking of playing again - I am sure there have been multiple respecs since I last played - what is a good build for a lvl 30-40 scion to respec to? Links would be appreciated.

So when will this ACT 4 go in? I haven't played in like a year+ as I got tired of the same maps over and over and over lol.....would def try it again with new content and desynch fixed.

Speaking of playing again - I am sure there have been multiple respecs since I last played - what is a good build for a lvl 30-40 scion to respec to? Links would be appreciated.

According to the FAQ for the beta which starts next week, the beta test could be up to 8 weeks, but no fixed release date yet.
We expect the Beta to last approximately 6-8 weeks. It could end earlier if all the testing is complete, or it could take longer if additional problems are found. We aren't committing to a specific release date at this time.

There's a thread here that list all Scion builds, you can look for one that suit your interest
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/821224

All these build will of course be completely outdated once Act 4 is release due to changes, but there will be a free respect for that as usual.

According to the FAQ for the beta which starts next week, the beta test could be up to 8 weeks, but no fixed release date yet.

There's a thread here that list all Scion builds, you can look for one that suit your interest
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/821224

All these build will of course be completely outdated once Act 4 is release due to changes, but there will be a free respect for that as usual.

Choosing a spec is always the most difficult part in this game for me lol

Ug.....I will just wait for Act 4 and give it a go again maybe.

All the changes are what turned me off initially......

I think my Scion was a Spectral Throw one....

Ug.....I will just wait for Act 4 and give it a go again maybe.

All the changes are what turned me off initially......

I think my Scion was a Spectral Throw one....

Yea it sucks going back to your character and not being able to play it like you remember due to the need to respec and the probability of doing it wrong because of passive tree changes.

Yes! This ^^^^^^^!!!!!

Other than no new maps/areas and constant changes, they have a nice game on their hands.....it runs great and looks great as well.....once Act 4 releases I will def give it a shot and enjoy the new stuff.

The act 4 screenshots shown look gorgeous too btw, very excited for that. Shame it'll be so long until we have access to the new content.

the act iv stuff looks great.. there are a few vids out from different websites showcasing alot of gameplay.. there is also a beta signup on the core website for 2/3rds of the new act.. personally, i'd rather just wait. the lead dev, chris wilson, has been stringing along the reddit community for a while, and dropping the beta bomb, just kind of well.. hyped and pissed everyone off at the same time. when you've been 'working' on a expansion for 2 years, give me a fucking break. just give us the content.

Thought I'd give this thread a quick bump....

I've been playing the beta for the past couple weeks and it's great. Most notably, deterministic lockstep "just works". I was expecting it to be a bit of a mess on first release but it's been pretty smooth. I have a typical latency between 50-70 ms and I don't notice any substantial lag in my game play (but I could be a little slow myself and just not notice it). Effectively, de-sync is gone and there are no down sides (provided you have a good connection to their servers); it's a wonderful experience.

The new act 4 content is great. When leveling a character I always groan when I get to act 3 because it feels like a hassle to grind through those areas but it's just the opposite getting to act 4. The layouts, the monsters, the bosses are all just fun to play. The art/design is a big step up from their previous work too.

I strongly suggest giving this game another look when 2.0 releases in July, I'm very impressed.

Thought I'd give this thread a quick bump....

I've been playing the beta for the past couple weeks and it's great. Most notably, deterministic lockstep "just works". I was expecting it to be a bit of a mess on first release but it's been pretty smooth. I have a typical latency between 50-70 ms and I don't notice any substantial lag in my game play (but I could be a little slow myself and just not notice it). Effectively, de-sync is gone and there are no down sides (provided you have a good connection to their servers); it's a wonderful experience.

The new act 4 content is great. When leveling a character I always groan when I get to act 3 because it feels like a hassle to grind through those areas but it's just the opposite getting to act 4. The layouts, the monsters, the bosses are all just fun to play. The art/design is a big step up from their previous work too.

I strongly suggest giving this game another look when 2.0 releases in July, I'm very impressed.

Did you notice how they streamlined a lot of the areas as well? A number of areas were either amalgamated or completely removed (Coves area gone in A1, Blackwood and Western Forest are combined in A2, much easier to navigate A3 in general, etc.), and a few have either been reduced from 3 levels to 2, or 2 to 1.

Another thing that should be noted is that they've added a number of additional gateways (west coast, Texas, etc.) so that should really allow for better connections across the board.

Did you notice how they streamlined a lot of the areas as well? A number of areas were either amalgamated or completely removed (Coves area gone in A1, Blackwood and Western Forest are combined in A2, much easier to navigate A3 in general, etc.), and a few have either been reduced from 3 levels to 2, or 2 to 1.

Another thing that should be noted is that they've added a number of additional gateways (west coast, Texas, etc.) so that should really allow for better connections across the board.

Yes, the improvements to the leveling process are fantastic. Act 2, most notably, is much much easier to progress through. Easier to find waypoints, fewer zones which have no purpose. And, maybe best of all, Solaris temple is not a horrendous maze anymore. I don't think I've gotten lost in it once in the beta.

The additional gateways are great for a lot of people but, being in MN I'm as far as possible from each of them. I've got no network issues, though, so I can't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back