Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'd like to donate to buy 2 more stash tabs. I'm really thankful that people are willing to put gear in there to help out when leveling new chars. I'm still using the Wurm's molt belt that I took from the guild stash.

LeninGHOLA, send me the email for your paypal or amazon payments and I will send you $20 to get more stash tabs for the guild.

GGG posted an infographic detailing the stats of the recent 1 Week Nemesis Race:
PathOfExileOneWeekRaceInfographic.jpg

Wow! 90 in 1 week i could probably get to 50 if i played till i passed it after work but 90!! that's like 24/7.

did they win any thing?

Is that map any fun? I think I read somewhere earlier in this thread about someone using cast on melee kill + detonate dead (Or IB) to destroy the bodies since, at the end, the main boss mob rezzes all the dead bodies. I think it'd also be wise if I were to use perpetual flasks since I tend to go through mana...

I've seen some youtube videos of it but they were all recorded by people with ungodly powerful builds.

Yes, it's a fun map, not especially profitable or anything, just fun. And, yes, you'll want some way of dealing with corpses because at the end of all the numerous waves a unique necro shows up and starts raising them all. You can very quickly be overwhelmed - especially if he spawns on the far side of the room from you and you don't know he's there for a while. IB, detonate dead, devouring totem are all your friend on this map.

Good:
I got about 8 map drops yesterday (66-68) and a unique map (Coward's Trial or something like that...) I haven't run it yet...It supposedly has waves of monsters that come at you.

Is that map any fun? I think I read somewhere earlier in this thread about someone using cast on melee kill + detonate dead (Or IB) to destroy the bodies since, at the end, the main boss mob rezzes all the dead bodies. I think it'd also be wise if I were to use perpetual flasks since I tend to go through mana...

I've seen some youtube videos of it but they were all recorded by people with ungodly powerful builds.

It has a guaranteed unique drop from the last boss, so that's fun. I ran it with my 60-something Incinerator and had no trouble except for the last room, where I died to the sheer amount of skeletons pelting me with everything. Once I brought a Devouring Totem gem along the final room went swimmingly. My drop was a Voidhome which is probably the only unique I would never use (I'd never seen one before that), lol.

why would they ban a lot of accounts used in a race?

It's GGG's primary motivation to have racing. Sit in on one sometime and you will see character names so offensive that Bob Sagat would be shocked. It gets significantly better all the time though as they weed out the truly bottom of the barrel humans.

It's GGG's primary motivation to have racing. Sit in on one sometime and you will see character names so offensive that Bob Sagat would be shocked. It gets significantly better all the time though as they weed out the truly bottom of the barrel humans.

I saw some really bad names when I first joined so I reported them.

The conversation went like this:

Me: User XXXX name is pretty offensive, dontcha think?
GM from GGG: Quit wastin my time mate. We allow all sorts of names
Me: Really?! How 'bout you rename me to "Sandi_Vagina" to prove it.
GM from GGG: Log out for me please and wait 10 seconds
Me: Lol...sure thing, "mate"
Sandi_Vagina Logged In
WTF?! He actually did it!!!

I saw some really bad names when I first joined so I reported them.

The conversation went like this:

Me: User XXXX name is pretty offensive, dontcha think?
GM from GGG: Quit wastin my time mate. We allow all sorts of names
Me: Really?! How 'bout you rename me to "Sandi_Vagina" to prove it.
GM from GGG: Log out for me please and wait 10 seconds
Me: Lol...sure thing, "mate"
Sandi_Vagina Logged In
WTF?! He actually did it!!!

LOL. really?
Do you still have that char name?

AFAIK there is no naming policy aside from copyrighted ones, and I don't believe that the ones that fall under "hate speech" or whatever other "I'm too sensitive for freedom of speech" names are bannable either. I'd rather the occasional N-bomb1254 than an overly aggressive system.

AFAIK there is no naming policy aside from copyrighted ones, and I don't believe that the ones that fall under "hate speech" or whatever other "I'm too sensitive for freedom of speech" names are bannable either. I'd rather the occasional N-bomb1254 than an overly aggressive system.

Yeah I'm not one of those people who find a name offensive

I agree, who cares what some dumbass names his toon. its not like you have to pay them any attention. I don't think the gm's should get involved unless some one is actively blowing up chat with very offensive language.

You must have missed this in the terms of service you agreed to:

Usernames: Any username you choose in relation to your Member Account or as applicable any other identifier you choose for use in relation to your access or use of the Website, Materials and Services, may be viewable by other users of any of the Website, Materials and Services as applicable and you warrant that any such username or other identifier will not:

(a) infringe the rights of whatever nature of any third party including without limitation copyright, registered and unregistered trade mark rights, rights of personality, privacy, confidentiality and any other intellectual property rights; and

(b) contain foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature as may be determined by Grinding Gear Games in its sole discretion or otherwise be in contravention of any law or court order.

I agree, who cares what some dumbass names his toon. its not like you have to pay them any attention. I don't think the gm's should get involved unless some one is actively blowing up chat with very offensive language.

In races, it can be constant spam if so and so is constantly hitting milestones.

It has a guaranteed unique drop from the last boss, so that's fun. I ran it with my 60-something Incinerator and had no trouble except for the last room, where I died to the sheer amount of skeletons pelting me with everything. Once I brought a Devouring Totem gem along the final room went swimmingly. My drop was a Voidhome which is probably the only unique I would never use (I'd never seen one before that), lol.

LOL. really?
Do you still have that char name?

I used that name as an example...

The actual name that my character was renamed to was LoHung_Sack

Yes, it's a fun map, not especially profitable or anything, just fun. And, yes, you'll want some way of dealing with corpses because at the end of all the numerous waves a unique necro shows up and starts raising them all. You can very quickly be overwhelmed - especially if he spawns on the far side of the room from you and you don't know he's there for a while. IB, detonate dead, devouring totem are all your friend on this map.

Thanks for the info!

I'm the God of getting crappy uniques so I bet I'll get Rusty Sword again...lol

I use Dev Totem already...love that setup so far :)

I've seen very few people be banned for offensive names. GGG is pretty loose, even with the clause in their ToS.

I've seen very few people be banned for offensive names. GGG is pretty loose, even with the clause in their ToS.

Excellent. If you've seen it happen, imagine the exponential numbers you haven't seen, that's what I'm curious about. I think if they would publish these numbers, it would help curb the offenders.

Excellent. If you've seen it happen, imagine the exponential numbers you haven't seen, that's what I'm curious about. I think if they would publish these numbers, it would help curb the offenders.

I don't think you understand that the people at GGG aren't a bunch of overly sensitive whatevers that have nothing better to do than get offended at everything they see. I think they're more interesting in making a good game. Hardly anyone cares about how many people are banned for having bad names; they care about bans for actual gameplay/economy affecting players (bots primarily).

TLDR: you are the vocal minority in this non-issue.

Most of the bans or forced name changes I saw were during very early closed beta. Even then, it was only names that were pro-holocaust (and the like) or really just gross.

I guess I'm just over sensitive since I'm in the adult entertainment industry and don't want to deal with some 12 year old that thinks it's cute to name himself HugestDick69 in my hobby.

It always cracks me up when people let themselves get offended by someone else' name.

I had Iordlabia in WoW for a loooooong time before someone finally reported me.

It always cracks me up when people let themselves get offended by someone else' name.

I had Iordlabia in WoW for a loooooong time before someone finally reported me.

It can be annoying and I have found people with names that are deliberately trying to be obnoxious are usually obnoxious in other ways so I tend to play with them less. If I see "Iamagaytrollfagasshat" I tend to think that that is a fairly accurate account of their play style and chat capabilities, so for the most part I just boot them from my group or leave when I see them. What can I say, I profile.

I ran Coward's Trial yesterday before my internet connection got wonky and I used On Melee Kill + Detonate Dead...it was hilarious.

It was like that guy said earlier...the last necromancer spawned and was just wandering around aimlessly looking for something to do...

In the spirit of maintaining my Title as the "God of Useless Unique Drops", I got the absolute worst roll of "Slitherpinch" one can get. Every "variable" category had the absolute lowest value.

My internet connection started acting wonky yesterday around 8-ish and, as a result, I lost an entire level of XP due to randomly de-sync'ing while mapping...on lvl 66's...GRRRR! The part that ticks me off most is the deaths were to trash mobs...

I went to bed and got up early today to see if the connection was better and did a few Piety runs...

I got a worst roll Infernal Mantle and a nearly worst roll Koam's something that was a large axe with worse stats than some of my yellow stuff I vendor...My title has been successfully defended.

Do you guys know what skill people are using that looks like they throw 3 bright looking boomerangs a short distance?

I've seen quite a few chars doing it, and I was just wondering if it's the animated effect for spectral throw with LMP or something.

I've also seen quite a few cyclone discharge chars and they seem very effective at clearing mobs. is that a good combo for end-game & maps?

Primarily I've been playing a shadow trying to build him following Poutso's flicker nuke with CI.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287

Is this a good build for magic find later on?

I'm pretty broke with in-game currency; i've only ever found 2 exalts.
I would like some feedback on how I should best proceed to get more money (orbs) in game and high end gear. I just started playing again about a month ago after taking a break for almost a year.
My chars are significantly under-geared because I just haven't done much mapping and haven't done much farming for loot. I don't have any 5L or 6L items because they're just too expensive and have had lously luck with the fusings.

My chars:
Level 71 witch: dual totem, 3 spectre build with CI. Primary attacks are curses while the dual totems shoot ice spears with GMP. Spectres are also linked GMP and minion damage/health; it's quite effective with Flame sentinels or voidbearers.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...zw23MvNDQ14bfhN-w4vfmgelz62Pr5OwY8h3z6vfX-tI=

Level 64 shadow: Potsou's flicker nuke CI. I'm trying to get to level 71-72 and finish the game so I can get enough skill points to get to Vaal Pact and then I can respec to actually put a point into Chaos Innoc.
Primary attack is Flicker Strike & Frenzy.

Current skill tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...Wndsa29Tb5-L344Tp_utj7BjtQe4O8Xbz6vVL-WP8q_-T

Level 62 Mara
2H weapon, using baptism & a rare axe sometimes.
Main highlights are Blood Magic, Resolute Technique, and lots of life & life regen.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...G2NSP3D3fv-Lq42rnUusJ7DjvDu988B_yL_ZI97760vyJ

Anyhow, I'd just like some feedback to help the loot farming & end game for my chars.

Do you guys know what skill people are using that looks like they throw 3 bright looking boomerangs a short distance?

Anyhow, I'd just like some feedback to help the loot farming & end game for my chars.

To the first question, that's probably spectral throw with LMP and one of the microtransactions which makes spectral throw look fancy.

As to your other questions, I wish I could help but I've had bollocks for luck in terms of really building wealth in the game :D So far as I know, the best thing you can do is get a good beefy character than can run high level maps and farm the crap out of them. There's lots of good builds out there, and I'm sure some are more conducive to magic find than others but, really, you just need to stay alive and have a decent clear speed and then just grind away.

Probably spectral throw with LMP, which I use on one of my scion toons. The cyclone ability is nice, but honestly, I get so much out of sync issues using it, I try to not use it on any toons right now. Try it out for yourself once or twice, but I think you will see the same thing I see using that skill. I use the spectral throw with GMP as a ranged attack with a 2H sword, and then I use a single target attack that makes things explode with melee splash and such on single target mobs and melee groups.

You can buy white 5L items for a couple chaos from people trading. Their drop rate and fuse rate was increased a lot.

Nab some of the MF gear in the stash for farming. That flicker nuke build should work pretty well, but it's going to need a lot of gear. Your Witch would be a better MF choice

I agree with stuff being very expensive. I tried to buy a level 50 1h axe yesterday and the guy told me he wanted 1,500 exalteds. I've only ever looted like 3.

Yeah, even a Mirror of Kalandra is "only" worth ~100 exalts. I think the dude was just screwing with you.

I've seen a number of people asking for "1,5ex" or "2,5ex" and so on... I assume exalteds start dropping like made after 75 or 80 since I've only made it to 72.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back