Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone is a little mad on the POE forums. This was in the 1-hour race thread. :p

of1Tdt0.png

Desync blows, but damn, that guy is mad. It's pretty simple to make a /oos macro. I use it quite often.

Someone is a little mad on the POE forums. This was in the 1-hour race thread. :p

of1Tdt0.png

if you look at his post history every one of his few posts are about desync except the first one that was bitching about the game crashing.

yea, he mad.

Didn't realize how competitive the people were in the races. Its beyond me how they were able to rush through the maps while still being able to beat the bosses to proceed.

Now I'll just sit back and watch those streams of people doing races, lol.

I played yesterday for a while, it's kinda fun and addicting. Seems to be pretty linear with no real type of world exploration from what I can tell so far. I got up to the Brutus boss fight in the prison, but he ended my run. I even teleported out and then back in halfway through to so I could refill my flasks and he still caught me off guard and pummeled me. Bastard!

Didn't realize how competitive the people were in the races. Its beyond me how they were able to rush through the maps while still being able to beat the bosses to proceed.

Now I'll just sit back and watch those streams of people doing races, lol.

Nerds with no jobs. This Kripp guy that everyone has a mancrush on sits in his computer chair in his basement 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Someone's tax dollars is making that happen.

Or you know, he makes enough money from advertisements from people watching his streams to support him playing.

At that point the game isn't even a game anymore; it's a job. A poor paying job.

Or you know, he makes enough money from advertisements from people watching his streams to support him playing.

At that point the game isn't even a game anymore; it's a job. A poor paying job.

What makes you think it's a poor paying job?

Some streamers make $3 per 1,000 viewers per ad on twitchTV alone.

Kripp usually has like 3.5k viewers. That translates to $10.5 per advertisement, and he puts ads up every 15 minutes. So he's making $42/hour streaming for 12 hours a day at least.

He's making $504 a day. Even if 10% of his viewers are using ad-block he's still making $453.60 a day.

If 5% of his viewers are subscribers then he's making an additional $873.25 per month from $4.99 subscriber fees. However his daily goes down by 5% because they see no ads, so he's sitting at $431/day.

Divide his subscriber fees over 30 days and add that back into his daily and he's making $460 a day after all is said and done. That's not counting the tens of millions of people hitting his Youtube account.

Since he plays 7 days a week he's making $3,220 a week. How many of you guys are making $12,000+ a month? Sure he puts in a lot of hours but most jobs won't even let you "work" that much even if you wanted. He's paying taxes on it too just like everyone else pays taxes.

The tax dollar comment is funny because Kripp is probably contributing to society more so than 99% of the people who posts on this message board if you want to associate contributions to amount paid in taxes.

Nerds with no jobs. This Kripp guy that everyone has a mancrush on sits in his computer chair in his basement 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Someone's tax dollars is making that happen.

You realize he only streams for ten hours a day, right? That's just an hour or two more than people spend at their jobs, and he's making good enough money for his age, especially living at home still. Save up for college or a house or a car. Good plan, and I'd do it if I could.

Since when is $144,000 just "good enough" for living at home? Isn't the average US income for everyone like $30,000 or $35,000?

Reckful made 11k one day in donations. Sodapoppin made over 46k one day in donations. Reckful said he's easily going to make 200k his first year streaming. Heck guys pay Sodapopping $1.500 to eat a ghost pepper on stream multiple times. Kripp had over 42k viewers when he killed Diablo. Streamers get 1/2 of the subscriber money. The other half goes to Twitch.tv.

I can understand why people would watch streams, and him making money from ads, but donations I dont understand. People are always free to spend their disposable income however they get entertainment but donating more money beyond being an ad viewer doesnt make sense to me. I can understand paying to play a game (base price, subscription, pay-2-win), but paying to watch someone play a game?

To me its different than watching a professional sports game or even paying to watch an e-sports league, but I guess its just not my cup of tea to watch streamers.

I can understand why people would watch streams, and him making money from ads, but donations I dont understand. People are always free to spend their disposable income however they get entertainment but donating more money beyond being an ad viewer doesnt make sense to me. I can understand paying to play a game (base price, subscription, pay-2-win), but paying to watch someone play a game?

To me its different than watching a professional sports game or even paying to watch an e-sports league, but I guess its just not my cup of tea to watch streamers.

I haven't watched TV with the exception of live sporting events since the nineties. Last TV I bought was to see how a 32" monitor would look with my PC. Streaming is pretty darn fun to watch especially when I'm not in the mood to play a game, but still want to see it. It's TV for gamers. :)

Right now I'm watching this guy 1 vs 2 in WoW rated arena. His partner is doing something else and he just queues and defeats teams solo.

Tried of running out of maps. Should not be possible to run out of maps and be stuck farming docks/catacombs/lunaris for a hours just hoping for a map to drop...

Tried of running out of maps. Should not be possible to run out of maps and be stuck farming docks/catacombs/lunaris for a hours just hoping for a map to drop...

Sounds like it is working the way the developers have designed it. They don't think you should always have a map available.

Also, just buy one from another player.

I haven't watched TV with the exception of live sporting events since the nineties. Last TV I bought was to see how a 32" monitor would look with my PC. Streaming is pretty darn fun to watch especially when I'm not in the mood to play a game, but still want to see it. It's TV for gamers. :)

Right now I'm watching this guy 1 vs 2 in WoW rated arena. His partner is doing something else and he just queues and defeats teams solo.

Wow, just wow.DO you guys live in front of your PC?

My pc isn't by a tv so when I'm playing games my second monitor either has Netflix or something going on twitch.

Marauders are pretty boring... @ lvl 23 or so. Switching to a different character here soon.

Marauders are pretty boring... @ lvl 23 or so. Switching to a different character here soon.

What kind of marauder? Ground slam marauder? Bow marauder? Wander? Freeze pulser?

Classes in this game don't define that much about your character, it's mostly the build you choose.

Sounds like it is working the way the developers have designed it. They don't think you should always have a map available.

Also, just buy one from another player.

I've done a total of eight maps and run out twice... that is ridiculous. And buy maps from other players? Are you kidding me? I get that they want there to be an economy around maps, but you don't have to starve players of maps to accomplish that. Level 66 (aka entry level) map drops could be plentiful and still in demand thanks to the vendor recipe for getting higher level maps. This is just stupid.

I've done a total of eight maps and run out twice... that is ridiculous. And buy maps from other players? Are you kidding me? I get that they want there to be an economy around maps, but you don't have to starve players of maps to accomplish that. Level 66 (aka entry level) map drops could be plentiful and still in demand thanks to the vendor recipe for getting higher level maps. This is just stupid.

It's really not that bad. I got a few maps, joined a pub, ended up running into some assholes but mostly good folks, and now have several regulars to go run maps with. I've ran out twice, but eventually started getting them more regularly and started getting more than 1 from running the map itself, and am sitting on ~15 atm (though none in the 70's).

I would suggest you alt-orb the ones you get until you get a good modifier that you can run + is high in increased item quantity. "Area is a maze" = larger map = more mobs.

If you're just running them solo, you're guaranteed to run out. You got at least 3man them. 4man seems to be a sweet spot, lets you have two spare portals in case someone (yourself) accidentally kills themselves.

As far as buying maps...why not? ONE chaos orb for a map that is more than likely going to drop 3x that in orbs / items? Its a no brainer if you don't feel like farming (note, i don't buy maps)

Wow, just wow.DO you guys live in front of your PC?

God, why do people hate on what other people do with their lives?

I just don't get it. I've barely ever watched Twitch. I rarely have the time...I don't work at a computer. But, to make fun of people that work/play at their computer is just really pathetic.

I mean their is two sides of the camp...some of the same people that watch twitch, will make fun of people that watch NFL, NBA, Soccer, etc...It is just a retarded argument. People do what they love. If its watching sports and yelling for their team, watching reality TV, or watching Twitch...Good for them. Do what you want! I might not understand it, but it isn't disturbing my way of life.

God, why do people hate on what other people do with their lives?

I just don't get it. I've barely ever watched Twitch. I rarely have the time...I don't work at a computer. But, to make fun of people that work/play at their computer is just really pathetic.

I mean their is two sides of the camp...some of the same people that watch twitch, will make fun of people that watch NFL, NBA, Soccer, etc...It is just a retarded argument. People do what they love. If its watching sports and yelling for their team, watching reality TV, or watching Twitch...Good for them. Do what you want! I might not understand it, but it isn't disturbing my way of life.

Hating on someone who is hating, cool story bro!.

Lighten up.

Hating on someone who is hating, cool story bro!.

Lighten up.

Nice response. So you just come in and troll...then when someone responds to you, you just say lighten up? I wasn't even harsh or anything, just saying I don't understand?

Is it because you don't have any logical reason why you do? Other then being a complete douche. Cool starry bra.

Lets quote ya here:

Hmm..I need to lighten up? You're the one just coming in here and insulting people for what they are doing...lol

For some reason all of the sudden I cant run fullscreen anymore on my laptop. anything under 720p has black borders. 1280x600 is in letterbox format and 4:3 resolutions have vertical black bars, whereas before it would stretch to fill the whole screen. Anyone know this is happening?, I didn't do anything to it as far as I know.

Kripp seems like an ok guy from the few videos I've watched of him, but I am dually jealous and disgusted at his success.

People are downright stupid to "donate" to him, and I see no logical argument to support doing so. He's already wealthy from sponsor/ad revenue, he's already widely known, he already has a real influence on the games he plays (Diablo3's paragon system is virtually identical to a list/video of ideas he voiced to improve the game), and he clearly has enough time to farm for any items he needs in said games.

But this is a PoE thread. And I'm itching to run more maps...but I need to level...I keep on getting the first ~20% to 76 then playing stupid and getting myself killed. I'd be 77 by now had I been more careful....

Desync blows, but damn, that guy is mad. It's pretty simple to make a /oos macro. I use it quite often.

Can you eloaborate?

I am also tired of dying from desync. I said "fuck this shit" and alt-f4'd last night after playing for a few hours and ending up with less experience than i started with. Pretty hard to level in merciless when you get killed by shit that's not even on your screen.

They really need to disable the death penalty (or reduce it) until they fix this on their end.

Desync is a strange beast. I rarely ever experience it, but some people do every night. When I do die to desync, I start flippin tables and asking Jesus why it happened to me.

I noticed it was significantly worse during the weekend races, probably caused by everyone rushing to make their characters.

Can you eloaborate?

I am also tired of dying from desync. I said "fuck this shit" and alt-f4'd last night after playing for a few hours and ending up with less experience than i started with. Pretty hard to level in merciless when you get killed by shit that's not even on your screen.

They really need to disable the death penalty (or reduce it) until they fix this on their end.

I have a macro-able keyboard and set it to do enter > /oos > enter. You could do the same very easily with just an AutoIT macro. Hit it whenever you're not doing damage to mobs or they start bugging out or whenever you're getting hit by an invisible mob.

holy cow!

I just found a 19% quality dual-strike!

What do you guys think it's worth? 10gcp?

holy cow!

I just found a 19% quality dual-strike!

What do you guys think it's worth? 10gcp?

perhaps 3-5 gcp if you get lucky. Dual strike isn't a major build skill and it's also a quest reward gem.

you can get really excited when you find a 19% chain.

perhaps 3-5 gcp if you get lucky. Dual strike isn't a major build skill and it's also a quest reward gem.

you can get really excited when you find a 19% chain.

Chain quality isn't really worth anything either...just adds projectile speed. :p

I have a macro-able keyboard and set it to do enter > /oos > enter. You could do the same very easily with just an AutoIT macro. Hit it whenever you're not doing damage to mobs or they start bugging out or whenever you're getting hit by an invisible mob.

i tried entering this manually last night as shit got wonky. Didn't seem to work.

I had to leave a chaos orb on the ground to escape to safety because i was getting hit by shit that wasn't on the screen.

Have they disabled the /oos command?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back