Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been playing the game about a year.. so yes, it was a 2H.

okay sweet. I was just making sure, because i was lucky enough to find out about the socket limit on 1h weapons before i had to learn the hard way =P

edit: got a question-

Does increased stun duration % affect freeze?

Last edited:
okay sweet. I was just making sure, because i was lucky enough to find out about the socket limit on 1h weapons before i had to learn the hard way =P

edit: got a question-

Does increased stun duration % affect freeze?

Don't think so, pretty sure freeze and stun are separate things. Freeze is an elemental status ailment and stun is...well, stun.

I found my second 6L... a staff.

*facepalm*

i keep finding 5-linked chests in act 2 cruel, where the mobs are lvl 41+, and they've been level 25 items.

le sigh

now that i need sockets to make my moves better, upgrades have slowed down a shit-ton. That being said, i did get quite a few upgrades last night lol but we were playing for awhile.

One of these upgrades was a 3-linked (GGB) magic caster dagger (woot!)

It had
60% global crit chance
36% spell damage
63% spell crit chance

my ice lance goes from 15% crit to 25%... crazy.

Is there a type of orb to make a blue into a yellow? And if so, does it keep what the blue already has on it?

Also, what's the deal with belts, amulets, and rings? Will they always be low-level items? When you identify one, or use an orb of alchemy on one, what determines if it will be level 20, 8, or 40?

Last edited:
you can highlight (or is it hold?) an item and type /itemlevel into the chat bar and it will tell you it's level. The blue to yellow orb is....i forget? Anyways, it will upgrade the item to rare keeping the old stats. I had one that only added ONE modifier from the blue, which kind of pissed me off. Due to the rarity of that particular orb, don't bother using it on anything but the best mods.

That dagger is crazy good btw.

you can highlight (or is it hold?) an item and type /itemlevel into the chat bar and it will tell you it's level. The blue to yellow orb is....i forget? Anyways, it will upgrade the item to rare keeping the old stats. I had one that only added ONE modifier from the blue, which kind of pissed me off. Due to the rarity of that particular orb, don't bother using it on anything but the best mods.

Regal Orb turns a blue item into a rare item and adds 1 mod to its existing mods

another thing that can be done is mouse over an item and press CTRL + C, you can then copy and paste into let's say a forum post the stats of the item

Regal Orb turns a blue item into a rare item and adds 1 mod to its existing mods

Not understanding that (and not having any Alchemy Orbs at the time) I used one on a blue 20% Rarity amulet that also had +10 str, since I was hoping for a nice rare. Instead, all it added was "11% increased evasion rating"...

At the time I uttered a disgusted "awww, what the hell is that...", but I find it pretty hilarious in retrospect. :D

Been playing the game solo for a bit, anyone lv30ish want looking to party up?
Ingame: Brianmz

Interesting chat with one of the developers:

http://i.imgur.com/bZhtKGU.png

^long ass screen shot

Man that is soooooooooooooooooo cool seeing a dev talk so freely about their game. More devs need to do this.

I keep forgetting the game is only in beta, because it's already so fuckin good... Floating dmg numbers and hp bars are in testing, as well as planning on adding 4 skill gems per month D=

just crazy!

Not understanding that (and not having any Alchemy Orbs at the time) I used one on a blue 20% Rarity amulet that also had +10 str, since I was hoping for a nice rare. Instead, all it added was "11% increased evasion rating"...

At the time I uttered a disgusted "awww, what the hell is that...", but I find it pretty hilarious in retrospect. :D

are rares crafted in this way still capable of using another orb which add one more enchant to a rare?

Last edited:
Man that is soooooooooooooooooo cool seeing a dev talk so freely about their game. More devs need to do this.

I keep forgetting the game is only in beta, because it's already so fuckin good... Floating dmg numbers and hp bars are in testing, as well as planning on adding 4 skill gems per month D=

just crazy!

are rares crafted in this way still capable of using another orb which add one more enchant to a rare?

an Exalted Orb can add another mod to a rare

rares can have up to 6 mods

Exalted Orbs are the rarest and most valued orb in PoE, but they are more oftenly used as currency than on items currently because Exalted Orbs should only be used on damn amazing rares

an Exalted Orb can add another mod to a rare

rares can have up to 6 mods

Exalted Orbs are the rarest and most valued orb in PoE, but they are more oftenly used as currency than on items currently because Exalted Orbs should only be used on damn amazing rares

Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up!!

just crazy!

They need to fix the current skills before adding more. Some are broken and some basically useless.

They need to fix the current skills before adding more. Some are broken and some basically useless.

That's getting a serious looking at before new skills arrive. GGG will be rebalancing quite a few skills in the very near future. I'm waiting until that happens to unleash some new builds.

Anyone experience stuttering when playing this game with vsync on? Example - when I'm just walking in a town, my fps will dip a few fps from 120 randomly, which causes stuttering.

does anyone know, as my belt is getting severely dated:
Also, what's the deal with belts, amulets, and rings? Will they always be low-level items? When you identify one, or use an orb of alchemy on one, what determines if it will be level 20, 8, or 40?

I have a question, but not many of you may be able to answer...

Does the vendor recipe chrome app tool still exist & work?

History: Prior to open beta, a PoE player developed an Chrome app that would check your stash and identify items in your stash that form a recipe. It was very useful to match 2x same name for alchemy orbs.

I think they either told him to stop or he just disabled it after a period of time, but I can't remember.

*edit* Yep, it looks like it still works! yippee!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/42272/page/1

Last edited:

History: Prior to open beta, a PoE player developed an Chrome app that would check your stash and identify items in your stash that form a recipe. It was very useful to match 2x same name for alchemy orbs.

I think they either told him to stop or he just disabled it after a period of time, but I can't remember.

Is that recipe still in the game? It seems like there were more vendor recipes, but I can't recall what they used to be...

Wow nice. Thanks for the link.

New patch. About 425 mb download I believe.

Version 0.10.1 (Current Version)
Features/Content:
All skill gems and support gems have received new art.
The 3d artwork for many shields has been substantially updated and improved.
Overhauled most of the sound effects so that they use pitch and volume variations to avoid being repetitive.
Added new music for the Act Three boss fight.
Improved all of the Duelist's animations.
The Unique bow Death's Harp now has a particle effect for its custom art.
Updated and shrunk the visual size of Frenzy, Endurance and Power charges.
Added magic-only skeletons for the Map necro boss that can raise magic monsters.
Pressing the alt (or highlight) key in trade while hovering an item now says "item level" rather than "level" to make it clearer.
On-hit effects can now apply even if they deal no damage.
Renamed "Angel Kite Shield" to "Angelic Kite Shield".
Overhauled the zombie audio.
Improved blood effects.
Continued to incrementally improve the art, effects, environments and sound.

End-game Map Changes:
Added 11 new types of Maps: Arsenal, Arcade, Ghetto, Promenade, Temple, Colonnade, Bazaar, Crematorium, Precinct, Shipyard and Shrine.
Map progression now extends to area level 77.
Maps which had the same level topologies as other maps now have their own new layouts.
The Labyrinthine mod now provides a more consistent increase in maps and is comparable to the Massive mod on applicable maps.
Some existing maps have had their bosses changed or reworked.
Some recipes for upgrading maps produce a different map than they did previously.

Balance Changes:
Stun Threshold Reduction now has diminishing returns when it exceeds 75%. It's still possible to build very effective stun characters, but they cannot permanently lock down the hardest of bosses.
Increased the non-percentage Armour values on item mods to be the same as Evasion.
Boss totems now do more damage with Spark.
Increased the damage that Perpetus deals with Ethereal Knives.

Bug Fixes:
Fixed a bug where monsters affected by the Energy Shield aura would get too much Energy Shield in multiplayer games.
Fixed a bug with where social status messages could wrap around incorrectly.
Fixed a bug where players could not right click offline players on the friends list.
Fixed a bug where the Stun Threshold Reduction on Mortem Morsu was not limited to just attacks by that weapon.
Fixed a server crash related to currency items.
Fixed a server crash that would occur involving Bear Traps.
If you have a full microtransaction stash and purchase an additional microtransaction, a new microtransaction tab will now be added. This currently only works if you are not logged into the game client at the time. The addition of microtransaction stashes while you are logged in will be fixed in a future patch.

Nice patch. I think it's pretty funny how quickly they nerfed stun threshold and fixed the "bug" with that claw after a certain someone decided to take advantage of those two things :D lol

When game balance happens, what will they do about passive respecs? I'm really liking going ice, but I heard lightning builds were nerfed at the start of open beta and am worried about a pure ice build. If a certain build gets nerfed, even if just to curb broken builds, what will happen to the characters that relied on those builds?

Another example would be the supposed upcoming 2h buff, will 1h builds have to reroll?

Check /itemlevel on those drops. I keep a stash tab full of white rings, amulets, belts just for this purpose.

Just pick up the item and type /itemlevel in chat.

Ooooh

Now i get what you were saying =P

thanks guys

The new art work for the skill gems is really nice. I like it alot. Wish it would show up when socketed in an item too.

During closed beta, they would reset the passive trees after major changes to the tree. They've been vague about what they will do now in open beta, but they've said they will do something if they make major balance changes. My guess is a passive reset for those affected (by a major change).

When game balance happens, what will they do about passive respecs? I'm really liking going ice, but I heard lightning builds were nerfed at the start of open beta and am worried about a pure ice build. If a certain build gets nerfed, even if just to curb broken builds, what will happen to the characters that relied on those builds?

Another example would be the supposed upcoming 2h buff, will 1h builds have to reroll?

in that dev conversation screenshot someone posted earlier, he said they're coming up with a plan for that.

Nice patch. I think it's pretty funny how quickly they nerfed stun threshold and fixed the "bug" with that claw after a certain someone decided to take advantage of those two things :D lol

For real. I honestly don't think they would of fixed it so soon if it was for Kripp. Damn you kripp haha.

Not a lot gets nerfed*, but if there is a skill tree revamp you get all your spent points back.

*some stuff does, but really only when it can make an extremely OP or game breaking situation.

Not a lot gets nerfed*, but if there is a skill tree revamp you get all your spent points back.

*some stuff does, but really only when it can make an extremely OP or game breaking situation.

yea they actually give a damn... not like they're going to make something worthless.

My Marauder is stun based. I caught wind of the incoming nerf and started up a new character last night. Also, instant devaluation on all the stun gear i've recently bought

Check /itemlevel on those drops. I keep a stash tab full of white rings, amulets, belts just for this purpose.

Just pick up the item and type /itemlevel in chat.

Was there ever a reason given as to why the item level just isn't shown on the item? Seems like needless work for the player.

In regards to Increased Item Rarity and Increased Item Quantity, how is it calculated in groups? Does it take into effect only the one who dealt the killing blow?

They didn't completely destroy the ability to stun, they just made it so that you couldn't perma-stun bosses and whatnot. Apparently stuns were ignoring monster health, which is not how they're supposed to work. There's a difference between GGG saying "this skill is too strong currently" and "this skill isn't working properly and has broken the game as a result".

How would a buff to 2h negatively affect your 1h build and make you reroll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back