Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know open beta is next month. But anyone have any beta codes or friend invites to spare I'd take one.

I just PM'ed a code to you.

I have a couple more beta codes up for grabs. PM me if you want them.

Just wondering if you still have one more key left?

another key given out. one left.

Err... Just to be a smart ass I am going to say that PoE requires more intelligence than the average diablo player and you just failed the test. :p

However I am also nice enough that I will send you the code when I get back to my computer
:D

Err... Just to be a smart ass I am going to say that PoE requires more intelligence than the average diablo player and you just failed the test. :p

However I am also nice enough that I will send you the code when I get back to my computer
:D

Hahaha, I was assuming that someone might have pmed you so I was just making sure. Ugh don't remind me of diablo (3) :p

My plan is to wait for open beta too. If I like it, then I'll buy one of the support packs mainly for the stash pages. I don't have a second computer to mule items over and judging from what I've seen so far in the game stash space will be pretty important. Who knows though, we'll see in a few weeks.

That was the arena style pvp that they were trying out for the first time in the video. Seems like a very fun mode to try.

My plan is to wait for open beta too. If I like it, then I'll buy one of the support packs mainly for the stash pages. I don't have a second computer to mule items over and judging from what I've seen so far in the game stash space will be pretty important. Who knows though, we'll see in a few weeks.

I have 12 stash tabs and they're all full :(

Can never have enough. I bought the silver pack and used most of my points on stash pages. With all the different recipes to save yellows for and gems space gets sucked up quick.

Can never have enough. I bought the silver pack and used most of my points on stash pages. With all the different recipes to save yellows for and gems space gets sucked up quick.

Where is a good place to look up recipes? I wish the ingame had something like this.

I am so looking forward to the POE open beta. D3 is such a boring grind right now and the forums are still a cesspool of hate. Plus T2 made me want to vomit rainbows and lollipops after 20 minutes of that graphical candy land game (might be awesome but I'll never know). I need something else to occupy my gaming time.

I died. Darn necros rezzing mobs and disobeyed the cardinal rule. Don't get crowded in.

Anyone have anymore beta keys? I just looked at my account and its been March since I made one there hoping they would eventually hand some out.

FRSVH-4VXJK-W6F8R-VEWW3

First come first serve

edit:gone

Last edited:
Bowhuntr11 said:
Are all the characters in the game going to be wiped on the 23rd?

Yes. It's been a fairly regular occurrence throughout closed beta with the kinds of major balancing and content updates they've made, but open beta marks the last wipe. The devs have said they're treating OB as a "soft launch" for the game (we'll also get Act 3 at that time), so it should be a lot of fun.

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

Don't need a key any more, game looks really fun and I decided to go bronze supporter.

Good move, since it's an excellent game. As long as they continue to develop for it and fulfill it's great potential, it should just continue to get better, and it's already great.

My wife and I bought into it early on and haven't been disappointed yet. Quite the opposite, we've not stopped playing and going back to it even with just the two Acts, since we got into it.

Yes. It's been a fairly regular occurrence throughout closed beta with the kinds of major balancing and content updates they've made, but open beta marks the last wipe. The devs have said they're treating OB as a "soft launch" for the game (we'll also get Act 3 at that time), so it should be a lot of fun.

Absolutely. It's already been a blast with just the first two Acts, cant wait to see the third. I wish they weren't doing yet another wipe, but I actually don't mind having to re-find everything again, given how much fun the game is, so looking forward to it.

M33X7 said:
Absolutely. It's already been a blast with just the first two Acts, cant wait to see the third. I wish they weren't doing yet another wipe, but I actually don't mind having to re-find everything again, given how much fun the game is, so looking forward to it.

I've heard that A3 is as big as the first two acts combined, but I have nothing to substantiate that with. It's going to be cool to see the game in a city setting.

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

I've heard that A3 is as big as the first two acts combined, but I have nothing to substantiate that with

Kripp said on his stream that act 3 is definitely larger than act 2. He didn't mention it being bigger than both combined though.

Could be true. Or you could be thinking of Torchlight 2 where I think the devs said the third act was bigger than the first two combined.

Wish they'd hurry up and launch! The 23rd is taking so long to get here. I stopped playing back in October, but had a lot of fun and would like to start playing again. But I'm waiting until after the wipe before I dig back in.

I've heard that A3 is as big as the first two acts combined, but I have nothing to substantiate that with. It's going to be cool to see the game in a city setting.

Yeah, they've stated that it would be along the "Diablo method" - Act 3 will be as large, if not a little larger, than the first two, and Act 4 would be the shortest.

Whether or not that pans-out, of course, remains to be seen. Looking forward to it either way, even if it's the same size as Act 2, because it's just a fantastic game thus far. I cant even count the number of hours I put into the beta thus far.

The only gripes I have with PoE are the following:

1) the Witch needs more and varied magical skills, especially due to the incredible engine the game is running on, outstanding visuals; the class needs a little more variation. There are really only two true fire skills, a couple of lightning skills, more cold skills than anything. Of course, there are auras etc. but I'd like to see more skills to choose from, like a fire wall, lightning/ice storm or some such

2) Due to the design, being in a large group of people can be very difficult in dungeons and caverns. It is damn tight in those environments. Seems like a strange design decision, but it's hard to navigate and fight in dungeons with any more than three people sometimes because it's just such tightly spaced/sized rooms etc. Best god damn looking dungeons I've ever seen though, so it's forgivable, ha ha.

Ha ha wait until you get in a group of at least 4 totem users. That is freaking ridiculous!

1) the Witch needs more and varied magical skills, especially due to the incredible engine the game is running on, outstanding visuals; the class needs a little more variation. There are really only two true fire skills, a couple of lightning skills, more cold skills than anything. Of course, there are auras etc. but I'd like to see more skills to choose from, like a fire wall, lightning/ice storm or some such

Damn i'm disappointed to hear this--i thought they were adding tons of new skill gems!

I watched one of their end game videos, and they had two characters. Each of them had like 4 passive moves or something, kinda lame. There should be more active moves which work together nicely.

Damn i'm disappointed to hear this--i thought they were adding tons of new skill gems!

I watched one of their end game videos, and they had two characters. Each of them had like 4 passive moves or something, kinda lame. There should be more active moves which work together nicely.

Passive meaning auras and buffs? Yea, there are a good amount of those. I use 2 myself, everything else is active. 6 active skills, all useful, 2 auras.

They added quite a few support gems that make some fantastic combos.

The Witch is definitely not limited to cold skills. Lightning witches and necro witches are pretty awesome, too. That's just the basics. I've seen tons of combinations now with all the totem and trap type skills.

^^ Cool. I have no idea who i'm going to be on Jan 23rd, but i can tell you that whatever it is, i'm stoked as shit to:

a) actually build my character
b) get cool loot
c) pvp

I've been testing builds for viability into Merciless. I currently have 2 characters planned out up to level 60 for when OB hits. We will see what happens post 60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back