Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks J Macker for the Merveil help!

No problem. Sorry for snatching that wand initially. Was it a good one?
The shield was an upgrade for me. Though I'm getting butchered in Act 2 now. I had a pretty tough time leveling past 37 because I died so many times. I'm starting to think that my dagger/crit build isn't going to work without some major health nodes or rebuild and do the Chaos Innoc. build for it.

I'm starting to want to rebuild a bow ranger. I had so much fun before the wipe with that char. Although I am finding quite a bit of equipment that would benefit STR melee.

hehe. I just bought another prem. 6 stash tab bundle. That puts me at 25 tabs. I keep all yellows so I can vendor 3x at time with the same name. The tabs will provide some room for collecting & organizing without feeling constrained. :D

Last edited:
Some of you are going to hate me but...what is this worth?
Found it as 6S, 3L,2L, spent 2 fusings to get it to 5, then spent 2 chrom to get it to fit my current gems. Should I try selling it? Go for the 6L? Craft it up?

Ditto. If you get 5L, keep it. Craft it up if you have enough orbs.

No problem. Sorry for snatching that wand initially. Was it a good one?
The shield was an upgrade for me. I'm getting butchered in Act 2 now. I'm starting to think that my dagger/crit build isn't going to work without some major health nodes or rebuild and do the Chaos Innoc. build for it.

I'm starting to want to rebuild a bow ranger. I had so much fun before the wipe with that char. Although I am finding quite a bit of equipment that would benefit STR melee.

Not a problem, I wasn't really there for loot. Yea, the wand ended up being a high dmg fire deal. I couldn't make use of it, being ice focused, but it was worth keeping.

I'm not forgetting the vendor recipes. That's what I'm saying. Rares are basically vendor fodder - whether it be sets of them or singles. Getting a rare drop is like, "Oh great, another one... :rolleyes:"

I'm going to stop IDing my rares and doing the Chaos Orb x2 recipe

I tried doing that but end up with about 6 of each slot to every ring I find. Had my whole stash full of un-ID'd rares and just fucked them away, couldn't be bothered waiting for the once in a blue moon a rare amulet or ring dropped. Now sitting on about 120 scrolls of wisdom, portals, and augmentation/transmutation each... Not worth it.

Not a problem, I wasn't really there for loot. Yea, the wand ended up being a high dmg fire deal. I couldn't make use of it, being ice focused, but it was worth keeping.

I liked getting the better loot. Want to play more coop? I can usually only play for an hour on weeknights, but more on weekends. I'm having a tough time convincing my friends to play. Imagine that. A freaking FREE game and they still won't play.

I guess we're all just getting old and have too many other priorities. Some of them still play LoL. One friend switched over to Awesomenauts, others are still playing BL2.

I liked getting the better loot. Want to play more coop? I can usually only play for an hour on weeknights, but more on weekends. I'm having a tough time convincing my friends to play. Imagine that. A freaking FREE game and they still won't play.

I guess we're all just getting old and have too many other priorities. Some of them still play LoL. One friend switched over to Awesomenauts, others are still playing BL2.

Sure. I have various characters from level 35-45 right now.

I have a question--can a single target have more than one curse? I know there is a passive to allow the same caster to have more than one curse on a target, but what about two different people each using a curse?

I just looked at this closely for the first time...

Do they really expect people to save up all of this:
All must be rare and unidentified:
two-handed weapon x1 or one-handed weapon x1 and shield x1 or one-handed weapon x2
helmet x1
chest armour x1
gloves x1
boots x1
belt x1
amulet x1
ring x2

...for 2 chaos orbs?

Sounds like a major pain in the ass.
Yea i was overreacting a bit. It's really not that bad, but to do it right i can see needing to purchase stash tabs.
At higher levels you get rares like candy.
I'm curious--my buddy and i were in act 1 cruel yesterday, we're both level 37... and yet every other elite or boss mob we killed dropped only whites. Why are we getting so many whites??

Funny i can't convince my buddy to play this either. he still plays LoL and diablo 3 from time to time. I need to pull a saving silverman on his ass.

I have a question--can a single target have more than one curse? I know there is a passive to allow the same caster to have more than one curse on a target, but what about two different people each using a curse?

Yea i was overreacting a bit. It's really not that bad, but to do it right i can see needing to purchase stash tabs.

I'm curious--my buddy and i were in act 1 cruel yesterday, we're both level 37... and yet every other elite or boss mob we killed dropped only whites. Why are we getting so many whites??

Funny i can't convince my buddy to play this either. he still plays LoL and diablo 3 from time to time. I need to pull a saving silverman on his ass.

So the way curses work, they can have at most, 4 curses on them total BUT someone in the group basically has to have the ability to have 4 curses by themselves. The only way to accomplish this is,

Normal 1 curse limit
Hex Master (Passive)
Windscream Unique Boots (+1 curses on enemies, god damnit I want these :p)
Dodre's Damning (Unique ring, +1 curses on enemies)

And basically, let's say you don't have any of these skills or items. You cast 1 curse, the person with all of the above can cast 3 curses to have 4 total on the mob, or they can cast 4 and override yours and I believe you won't be able to override theirs but I could be wrong.

So the way curses work, they can have at most, 4 curses on them total BUT someone in the group basically has to have the ability to have 4 curses by themselves. The only way to accomplish this is,

Normal 1 curse limit
Hex Master (Passive)

And basically, let's say you don't have any of these skills or items. You cast 1 curse, the person with all of the above can cast 3 curses to have 4 total on the mob, or they can cast 4 and override yours and I believe you won't be able to override theirs but I could be wrong.

Interesting. Thanks for the info <3

I figured that both my buddy's curse and mine weren't stacking because the animation was being replaced.

I guess i'll pick up Hex Master. Cheers :)

Interesting. Thanks for the info <3

I figured that both my buddy's curse and mine weren't stacking because the animation was being replaced.

I guess i'll pick up Hex Master. Cheers :)

Yea you'll see all curse animations at once if the mob gets double/tripled/quadrupled cursed.

Also, anyone around lvl 52 wanna level/play together? I can provide infinite CC :p

Normal 1 curse limit
Hex Master (Passive)

I am auctioning off a Windscream right now. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110881/page/1/#p1113660 c/o is 7gcp

No, he means that he's going to use orbs of chance (on white "Reinforced Greaves") to try and roll his own pair of Windscream boots.

Gotcha. Does that mean that this unique can only appear on Reinforced Greaves? Or can uniques roll on any item?

Gotcha. Does that mean that this unique can only appear on Reinforced Greaves? Or can uniques roll on any item?

When you orb of chance to try and get uniques you MUST use the same base type normal item.

IE, if I use Scholar boots, I will only get the unique scholar boots, I'll never be able to roll a Windscream.

Ranger is pretty cool so far. Although I'm straight DPS so far. Lightning arrow, fork and Ele damage.

Be careful with this. Straight damage is fucking powerful, but I recently shelved an elemental bow shadow because of the lack of survivability. I went up into witch territory and down into templar, and I had ~1400 health at level 62 and no armor, which means one-shotted by every other mob in Merc Act 2. Today I'm rerolling an elemental bow duelist and going way more survivability on this one, and blood magic with iron reflexes and unwavering stance (cannot be stunned).

When you orb of chance to try and get uniques you MUST use the same base type normal item.

IE, if I use Scholar boots, I will only get the unique scholar boots, I'll never be able to roll a Windscream.

that's really good to know lol

So, then my next question would be: since there is likely not a unique for every item type in the game, there are quite a few items which you'd never want to use an orb of chance on, as they'd have a 0% chance to roll a unique... correct?

Be careful with this. Straight damage is fucking powerful, but I recently shelved an elemental bow shadow because of the lack of survivability. I went up into witch territory and down into templar, and I had ~1400 health at level 62 and no armor, which means one-shotted by every other mob in Merc Act 2. Today I'm rerolling an elemental bow duelist and going way more survivability on this one, and blood magic with iron reflexes and unwavering stance (cannot be stunned).

So what about witch builds? I have spent a fair amount of points on increased energy shield and increased health.. are you saying that since i will also have low armor and low evation, having high hp/es doesn't matter?

So, then my next question would be: since there is likely not a unique for every item type in the game, there are quite a few items which you'd never want to use an orb of chance on, as they'd have a 0% chance to roll a unique... correct?

So what about witch builds? I have spent a fair amount of points on increased energy shield and increased health.. are you saying that since i will also have low armor and low evation, having high hp/es doesn't matter?

Correct. Use the wiki before attempting to chance for uniques. Don't be that guy that wastes like 10+ only to realize that particular item cannot/doesn't have a unique :D

Depends what kind of witch you are running. You'll need to balance hp/es/resists overall if you're doing a hybrid build but again it all depends on what you're building. Since you're going HP as well, you want armor + resists as a priority. Get you're ES to a decent level, say 3.5k then just pump HP/armor and resists.

Also, for bandit quests, always take either +hp or the skill point. Never take resists.

Any idea what a 5l deathbow is worth? its magic, stats are 150 accuracy 2-4 fire damage, 4 green 1 red slots.

guys I am giving this a try. FOV is a little weak but overall its VERY good graphics.
the small details blew me away.
first try was a witch, went minion and fire. It was easy mode to level 17 in act 1.
Then I was told to restart if I was going that route. Pick fire OR minion you can't do both and have a strong chr for later levels.
So I tried a ranger, got it to 16, I do not like it in close quarters like some of the narrow hallways in dungeons but its fun. Is there a pierce that hits thru multi targets, that would make it a lot better for those tight spots.

Eq is something I just don't get, at what level do you start modding eq, I just can't see taking something like a low level bow or helm you WILL replace at any minute and wasting time and valuables on it.
ps after looking at the modding of eq I feel that its just rng of rng hopping for rng. TOOOOO much variation.

Any idea what a 5l deathbow is worth? its magic, stats are 150 accuracy 2-4 fire damage, 4 green 1 red slots.

it depends on what level it is. If it's level 50+, then quite a bit (probably at least 4GCP)
Otherwise, if it's level 30-50, you could still probably get at least 1 gcp.

(I'm totally pulling numbers out my ass, as I haven't done any trading yet.)

Depends what kind of witch you are running. You'll need to balance hp/es/resists overall if you're doing a hybrid build but again it all depends on what you're building. Since you're going HP as well, you want armor + resists as a priority. Get you're ES to a decent level, say 3.5k then just pump HP/armor and resists.

Also, for bandit quests, always take either +hp or the skill point. Never take resists.

This confuses me and I don't see why it would be bad to side with oak in normal to get +8% resist all. +1 passive skill point is less than the 6% resist all that's on the passive nodes.
Plus, it's better to do that and completely ignore going 2-3 nodes away to get the resist nodes.
Otherwise what you're suggesting is that it's better to take the passive point, and that only helps get me 1step closer to the +6% resist node.

Certainly I see why it's better to kill all 3 bandits for the passive point in cruel & merciless, but in normal +8% resists would be excellent for any build, imo. Could you please explain further?

I just got my witch to level 50 last night, and I'm debating shelving it. I'm in act 3 Cruel, and I've died so many times now w/o being able to react to the damage that it's almost not even fun anymore. I was planning on a CI build, so I've been picking up energy shield nodes like everyone says I should, but it doesn't seem to matter. Dying in less than a second gets pretty damn old when there is an experience penalty.

I'm lvl 79 now. The experience gets REALLY slow at this point. It might be faster if you're running lvl 70+ maps, but they start getting pretty serious at lvl 68. Righteous FIre + Puncture anyone? Christ.

I just got my witch to level 50 last night, and I'm debating shelving it. I'm in act 3 Cruel, and I've died so many times now w/o being able to react to the damage that it's almost not even fun anymore. I was planning on a CI build, so I've been picking up energy shield nodes like everyone says I should, but it doesn't seem to matter. Dying in less than a second gets pretty damn old when there is an experience penalty.

That's exactly what i fear.

Do resists and the like not apply to one's energy shield? If not, i don't know how CI builds would even work.

At what point does the game start punishing you for dying?

I noticed some setbacks and lost quite a bit of experience at level 37 when I kept dying. I didn't really notice the experience loss prior to that. It's probably just more noticeable as your character level gets higher because it's harder to earn experience.

I have already obtained the Acrobatics & Phase Acrobatics, which removes ES & Armor. Now I'm wondering if it's even viable at all to have a dagger-crit build without Energy Shield. I think my character is hosed because I wasn't thinking about getting Chaos Innoc, and figured that a few life nodes & evasion would be sufficient. Now I'm not so sure.

That's exactly what i fear.

Do resists and the like not apply to one's energy shield? If not, i don't know how CI builds would even work.

Resists and armor/evasion are factored into ES.

You get xp penalties in cruel +.

CI builds work with massive ES plus converting life leech into ES regen.

If you're planning a squishy build, you need to make sure it can survive late game.

Resists and armor/evasion are factored into ES.

You get xp penalties in cruel +.

CI builds work with massive ES plus converting life leech into ES regen.

If you're planning a squishy build, you need to make sure it can survive late game.

So does that mean most witches end up going enough strength to be able to wear templar gear? I haven't seen many +armor passives, at least on the path i've taken.

So does that mean most witches end up going enough strength to be able to wear templar gear? I haven't seen many +armor passives, at least on the path i've taken.

They can, since the Templar tree is somewhat close. Most will do ES/hp, ES/evasion/hp or ES/CI. I've seen some tanky witches, too. Depends on the build. It may be easier to swap in a little Dex instead for those LMP/GMP supports, though.

Yea i reckon i'll go the dex route, as i already have some for a couple of my gems. Thanks for the help!

Eq is something I just don't get, at what level do you start modding eq, I just can't see taking something like a low level bow or helm you WILL replace at any minute and wasting time and valuables on it.
ps after looking at the modding of eq I feel that its just rng of rng hopping for rng. TOOOOO much variation.

You'd be surprised how long a good rare roll will last you. There is a lot of variation, but there are also a lot of builds out there and a lot of combinations of gear. For example, my lvl 47 Witch is still using a lvl 13 rare belt, mainly because it has +39 life and happens to have a 17% boost to weapon elemental damage, which gives my build a nice DPS boost.

Point is, you have the ability to find specific types of items and turn them into magic/rare items, which can really help out your progression when you're looking for powerful versions of specific things. If you already have a lvl 20 rare wand then creating a new lvl 20-tier rare wand is probably not the best bang for your buck, but when you find a new type of wand you can boost its base stats with Blacksmith's Whetstones, use the Alchemy Orb to make it rare, and probably end up with an upgrade unless your original wand was incredible to begin with.

Is Act 1 Cruel known for having bad drops?

I'm just curious because, while initially i was excited for cruel difficulty because there were SOOO many more packs of monsters, they all drop whites.

Just found a 5L Majestic Plate, iLevel 59 RRRBG, I'm thinking I'll just try to sell it without doing anything to it. Anyone here need it before I make my shop thread on the PoE forums? I've got a bunch of 4L boots/gloves/helms, a few rares, some gems(most are quality, one is added chaos which I leveled a bit without realizing how much it was worth lol). Hopefully 12-16GCP plus the 5L in total...never sold anything on the forums though so idk how long it will take. I'm thinking forums will be a better choice than spamming the trade channel in game, hopefully less work too.

My dual-totem build is going well. I still need to upgrade my gear a bit before I can take CI, my ES is pretty low right now. I'm debating whether I should keep using a wand/wands(using a wand/shield right now for the ES but as the rest of my gear gets better I may be able to go back to dual-wield) or go with daggers for the crit chance.

Right now my hope is that I can work on this dual-totem build to the point where I can just use it as a way to farm up stuff to try out other builds. I have a couple I want to try but I don't want to start blowing currency on gear for them when I don't know for sure if they'll work out and I don't have *that* much to spend at the moment.

I'm really loving this game, I haven't been this into a game in a very long time. I can't wait to see what GGG adds in the future. There's a lot of talk about how many acts they want to put into the game but it makes me wonder about the level cap(both the hard cap of 100 and the "soft" cap of hugely spiked experience curve at higher levels).

Just found a 5L Majestic Plate, iLevel 59 RRRBG, I'm thinking I'll just try to sell it without doing anything to it. Anyone here need it before I make my shop thread on the PoE forums? I've got a bunch of 4L boots/gloves/helms, a few rares, some gems(most are quality, one is added chaos which I leveled a bit without realizing how much it was worth lol). Hopefully 12-16GCP plus the 5L in total...never sold anything on the forums though so idk how long it will take. I'm thinking forums will be a better choice than spamming the trade channel in game, hopefully less work too.

My dual-totem build is going well. I still need to upgrade my gear a bit before I can take CI, my ES is pretty low right now. I'm debating whether I should keep using a wand/wands(using a wand/shield right now for the ES but as the rest of my gear gets better I may be able to go back to dual-wield) or go with daggers for the crit chance.

Right now my hope is that I can work on this dual-totem build to the point where I can just use it as a way to farm up stuff to try out other builds. I have a couple I want to try but I don't want to start blowing currency on gear for them when I don't know for sure if they'll work out and I don't have *that* much to spend at the moment.

I'm really loving this game, I haven't been this into a game in a very long time. I can't wait to see what GGG adds in the future. There's a lot of talk about how many acts they want to put into the game but it makes me wonder about the level cap(both the hard cap of 100 and the "soft" cap of hugely spiked experience curve at higher levels).

If you're dual ice spear totem, daggers are kind of pointless. I'd stick with wands that have high spell power, elemental damage, and faster cast.

Also grats on the armor ;)

If you're dual ice spear totem, daggers are kind of pointless. I'd stick with wands that have high spell power, elemental damage, and faster cast.

Also grats on the armor ;)

Yeah I'm hoping the armor is worth a lot. Right now I think I need to focus more on getting better ES on my gear than anything else. I have to play suuuuper careful because I've only got about 1600ES at level 62. Once I can sort that out then I'll start looking for a better wand/wands to boost my damage some more. Do you think +9% cast speed is better than +60% crit chance and +10% crit multiplier for a dual ice spear totem build? Just curious because it's 3 points to get either of those.

decided to try this and download the client a few minutes ago...is this game easy to pick up and master for newbs who never played Diablo type of games or is there a huge leraning curve?...I'm more into Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Dark Souls type of RPG's but I want to try something new

its somewhat harder then diablo due to the games really big skilltree but its still a fungame just give it a try i think its a very good game but ive played diablo for many years so icant say otherwise if i havent.

decided to try this and download the client a few minutes ago...is this game easy to pick up and master for newbs who never played Diablo type of games or is there a huge leraning curve?...I'm more into Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Dark Souls type of RPG's but I want to try something new

The learning curve is steep for this type of game, yet really rewarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back