Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheers guys i won't be pissing away that exalt now when i get it, so if thats the best iam assuming there is no items to mod legendarys

No, that's simply not true. I don't know why you insist on correcting people who have been playing this game for a long time and know better.

Any CI build would obviously need no hp on gear, nor would it need chaos resists. Check some keystones as well. The other resists can be attained through a combo of gear quests, and passives. There are tons of different builds. Yes, hp is an easy way to go when you're doing endgame, but not the only solution. You've also obviously never tried any sort of hybrid build. You would get shitstomped if you followed your own advice as a clawShadow or wandTemplar.

You're also forgetting vendor crafting recipes completely. Rares are by no means worthless, no matter what you're thinking. If you're just vendoring things one at a time with no regards to the fact that they might work in a vendor recipe, you've once again missed an important part of this game.

Don't play this game like it was D3. It isn't. Misinformation will help no one.

I'm not forgetting the vendor recipes. That's what I'm saying. Rares are basically vendor fodder - whether it be sets of them or singles. Getting a rare drop is like, "Oh great, another one... :rolleyes:"

I'm going to stop IDing my rares and doing the Chaos Orb x2 recipe

yeah, I'm thinking of scouring the armor and using a chaos.

question though; if I use scraps to get +20% while white, then use alchemy to rare.

Then if I don't like the rare, and decide to use a chaos, will the item retain the 20% quality?

yeah, I'm thinking of scouring the armor and using a chaos.

question though; if I use scraps to get +20% while white, then use alchemy to rare.

Then if I don't like the rare, and decide to use a chaos, will the item retain the 20% quality?

Quality stays.

I'm not forgetting the vendor recipes. That's what I'm saying. Rares are basically vendor fodder - whether it be sets of them or singles. Getting a rare drop is like, "Oh great, another one... :rolleyes:"

I'm going to stop IDing my rares and doing the Chaos Orb x2 recipe

Ok I get that you have a hard on for Diablo 3. That is fine. But you are posting nonsense when it comes to POE. You complain that crafting stuff is broken, and you complain that drops are broken, so you would rather save up your orbs to buy godly items. If monsters don't drop these godly rares, where do they come from? Eventually someone has to use those orbs to make stuff that you want to buy so something must be working right. But you really need to get off this "it's exactly like Diablo 3" horse that you are riding because you are misleading people.

Ok I get that you have a hard on for Diablo 3. That is fine. But you are posting nonsense when it comes to POE. You complain that crafting stuff is broken, and you complain that drops are broken, so you would rather save up your orbs to buy godly items. If monsters don't drop these godly rares, where do they come from? Eventually someone has to use those orbs to make stuff that you want to buy so something must be working right. But you really need to get off this "it's exactly like Diablo 3" horse that you are riding because you are misleading people.

Actually, I don't have a hard on for D3. God forbid anyone says anything that isn't glowing about this game.

I wonder where those godly rares in D3 on the AH that no one ever found came from? Same idea man lol

Actually, I don't have a hard on for D3. God forbid anyone says anything that isn't glowing about this game.

I wonder where those godly rares in D3 on the AH that no one ever found came from? Same idea man lol

Fair point. Though you have been a bit misleading and misinformed about certain aspects of the game. I'm glad you're learning and enjoying (mostly) the game, though.

I don't have a problem with criticism, but what you critique this game for is illogical. I will leave it at that. Enjoy the game.

Quality stays.

Regals seem pretty worthless to me then; certainly not worth the 3000 listed in the spreadsheet if they only add 1 property to a blue instead of giving the 3-4 properties that a alchemy would give.

scouring for 1000 and alchemy for 1000 is a sure fire way to get a much better item than keeping a 1-2 base stats on a blue and adding one more turning it into a rare.

Unless of course, it's a blue with +120% damage

Regals seem pretty worthless to me then; certainly not worth the 3000 listed in the spreadsheet if they only add 1 property to a blue instead of giving the 3-4 properties that a alchemy would give.

scouring for 1000 and alchemy for 1000 is a sure fire way to get a much better item than keeping a 1-2 base stats on a blue and adding one more turning it into a rare.

Unless of course, it's a blue with +120% damage

That's the rub, a blue with perfect prefix and suffix rolls + regal +exalted can end up being a perfect item. Either you're taking a much smaller currency investment risk with a much greater chance of failure (scouring + alch), or you're spending really rare currency with a bit smaller chance of failure.

Yeah, the Idea behind a regal is to roll an item lots of times with Alterations, until it is *the right* blue item (presumably +20 qual, all the sockets you need if that applies, the best 2 affixes). Then a regal is like exalting it, so that is why it is so valuable.

As in, if I have a 5Link chest (white), and I want Life and chaos resist, then its much more efficient for me to alteration it 30-40-50 times to get those mods than it is for me to Chaos it that many times. Once I have the mods, Regaling it is essentially exalting it, so yeah. And if its a good regal, exalt it. Multiple times. :p.

Exalting items is usually bad value in this game though.

ok. thanks Lenin. I haven't done much crafting. For that 5L armor though, I guess it's worth it just to go the scour+chaos route since it's only a level 28 leveling item. i.e., not worth it to use a bunch of alts and then regal. right?

What do you guys think?

ok. thanks Lenin. I haven't done much crafting. For that 5L armor though, I guess it's worth it just to go the scour+chaos route since it's only a level 28 leveling item. i.e., not worth it to use a bunch of alts and then regal. right?

What do you guys think?

If you have a build that you'll use it with, a build that really needs 5 links, then I'd scour it and alch it and see what happens. If you're not going to use it then I'd just sell it, you can probably get a decent amount for it. For an item like that you might be better off creating a thread in the trading section of the forums and let people make offers for a day or so. It might be worth more than you think.

If you have a build that you'll use it with, a build that really needs 5 links, then I'd scour it and alch it and see what happens. If you're not going to use it then I'd just sell it, you can probably get a decent amount for it. For an item like that you might be better off creating a thread in the trading section of the forums and let people make offers for a day or so. It might be worth more than you think.

Yep, agreed.

Here's a video of Kripparrian playing with and explaining his new build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2ZSCwTzAd8

tl;dw(didn't watch): Cap out reduced stun threshold using ground slam, attack speed > stun duration, perma stun any mob in the game(except for mobs with stun immunity which is pretty rare afaik).

Just soloed Piety on Merciless. SOOOOOOO much easier than Vaal. They need to tweak that I think. I cleared the game having never had chaos resistance until Act 3 Merciless (-53% lol).

Looking forward to tryin out some maps.

Fair point. Though you have been a bit misleading and misinformed about certain aspects of the game. I'm glad you're learning and enjoying (mostly) the game, though.

Yea, honestly, I was raging a bit too.

Seriously, burning through all those orbs is so frustrating.

Yea, I've burned my fair share of orbs, sometimes completely fucking over an item in the end. In hindsight, I actually enjoyed the pain and the gambling aspect of it.

Any faults in this game are completely redeemed by the map system.

Wow... Well done GGG, well done.

Any faults in this game are completely redeemed by the map system.

Wow... Well done GGG, well done.

yeah I like maps

the different monster packs, map layouts, and difficulty provides nice variety

beats farming the same ad nauseum

Just soloed Piety on Merciless. SOOOOOOO much easier than Vaal. They need to tweak that I think. I cleared the game having never had chaos resistance until Act 3 Merciless (-53% lol).

Looking forward to tryin out some maps.

I definitely felt Piety was easier than Vaal too. I didn't stand a chance against Vaal's minion when he summons them.

I definitely felt Piety was easier than Vaal too. I didn't stand a chance against Vaal's minion when he summons them.

Piety is tough with a squishy summoner build. Not a big deal with a strong melee or a heavy dps bow character, though.

I just looked at this closely for the first time...

Do they really expect people to save up all of this:
All must be rare and unidentified:
two-handed weapon x1 or one-handed weapon x1 and shield x1 or one-handed weapon x2
helmet x1
chest armour x1
gloves x1
boots x1
belt x1
amulet x1
ring x2

...for 2 chaos orbs?

Sounds like a major pain in the ass.

Its not so much, rare items are so common. that you need ways to get rid of them.

Though i can't find a rare amulet to save my f*cking life. i have found more unique items than rare amulets.

Here's a video of Kripparrian playing with and explaining his new build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2ZSCwTzAd8

tl;dw(didn't watch): Cap out reduced stun threshold using ground slam, attack speed > stun duration, perma stun any mob in the game(except for mobs with stun immunity which is pretty rare afaik).

This build is hilarious. Would be the perfect build to farm with. Kripps does create some amazing builds.

All must be rare and unidentified:
two-handed weapon x1 or one-handed weapon x1 and shield x1 or one-handed weapon x2
helmet x1
chest armour x1
gloves x1
boots x1
belt x1
amulet x1
ring x2

...for 2 chaos orbs?

That's why most people only do the 1. Never a good idea to not id rares that could potentially have awesome stat combos

This build is hilarious. Would be the perfect build to farm with. Kripps does create some amazing builds.

Yeah pretty sure he died on it already though. Something about he got stuck, and was about to log out to save his character but decided not to because it was more honorable. He thinks his new build will be able to do 150k damage bursts...shockwave totem + remote mine explosive arrows. The remote mine part looked tedious when he was trying it out, who knows if it will work out in the end but it's fun to watch :D

A lot of Kripp's builds are pretty heavily gear dependant. The average person would have a hell of a time trying to put together the stuff he has. I'm pretty sure he has people just give him gear because there's no way he gets it all on his own so quickly. I mean every single time he comes up with a new build he magically has the best gear for every slot.

A lot of Kripp's builds are pretty heavily gear dependant. The average person would have a hell of a time trying to put together the stuff he has. I'm pretty sure he has people just give him gear because there's no way he gets it all on his own so quickly. I mean every single time he comes up with a new build he magically has the best gear for every slot.

He buys it, I've seen him pay for it on his channel. The thing is that he can sell the gear he hoards up much more easily than anyone else; If Kripp has something to sell, he says on his stream "Hey I'm selling this" and he'll get offers within a few seconds. If he needs to buy something, he'll have multiple offers streaming in all night and he'll have his pick of any one of a dozen different items that meet his requirements. Have you seen how much currency he has in his stash? He claims to be broke, but in my entire time playing PoE I haven't amassed even 5% of what he has, probably less.

That said, yes, a lot of his builds are very gear dependent and most people wouldn't be able to run those builds easily. He spends the kind of currency on "leveling gear" that most people reserve for endgame stuff. He has it to spend so more power to him, and like I said it's fun to watch. The groundslam build in particular was pretty entertaining to me, mainly because I love poking at the seams of a game and seeing where they come apart :D

Edit: I should say, he doesn't seem to *rely* on donated gear, although I can't say for sure how much he does or doesn't get from people who just want to give him stuff for free for some reason. I've seen him buy all kinds of things though so I would assume he compensates most people unless they refuse.

He trades and pays others with currency for gear. Like you said with him being able to advertise so well it's almost instantaneous that he gets what he wants. That's a big reason why he can do lots of cool builds.

...for 2 chaos orbs?

At higher levels you get rares like candy. Most of these items are very fast/easy to get (everything but rings, belt and amulet). So basically you slowly stock up on 2 transmutes worth of everything, and then stop stockpiling. You'll eventually get enough rings/ammy to finish, then you go back to restocking for the next time. *Some* wasted space yes, and *some* time investment, but nothing that bad.

Some of you are going to hate me but...what is this worth?

UxPANTU.png

Found it as 6S, 3L,2L, spent 2 fusings to get it to 5, then spent 2 chrom to get it to fit my current gems. Should I try selling it? Go for the 6L? Craft it up?

Some of you are going to hate me but...what is this worth?

UxPANTU.png

Found it as 6S, 3L,2L, spent 2 fusings to get it to 5, then spent 2 chrom to get it to fit my current gems. Should I try selling it? Go for the 6L? Craft it up?

think around 5-10 GCP

not sure how its level will affect its worth

DON'T GO FOR 6 LINK

I'm glad I didn't give up on this game. At first i had trouble getting into it but with reaching level 8 (Witch) I'm getting more and more fun with this game. The darker and more grittier feel is a very nice change from Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2. I have to say I really like to loot/gear/trade system so far.

Looking forward to play more this weekend.

Just rolled a Ranger and up to level 22 last night. Found some level 12 not so good unique leather cap but got a couple +9-12% gems (Rain of Arrows and Lightning arrow) and now waiting until level 30 so I can use my 4L GGGR bow :)

Ranger is pretty cool so far. Although I'm straight DPS so far. Lightning arrow, fork and Ele damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back