Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting in queue atm to start the league! As usual im split on a couple builds and will be a game time choice.. LOL I think you are going to need clear speed and tankyness

Well, I was playing today while waiting on the Amazon delivery and as of now, they haven't shown. In fact, the delivery details say the package has left Erlanger, KY at 1:55pm but there's nothing after that to show it arrived at the Memphis location...

I was level 47 when I started this morning.

I finished the story line and now I'm level 71, lol.

Basically. It runs pretty well, but the big thing here is you can turn sound back on with it. With their dx11 implementation, its telling the CPU to do so much work for the GPU, passing that off to the gpu, and THEN doing all the sound stuff, so it's all clumped together, and it all gets processed at once. It's what has been causing all this stuttering. Hopefully, they're on the right track with this.

Looks like new league around the corner. Debating if I want to give it a go. Do my usual "this build may work", fail at T5 maps, follow a build, get bored, and quit three weeks in. :D

The new league looks great, but atm, I don't think I have the time for it. It's too... familiar? Have tons of hours into the game, but this just reaks of synthesis and betrayal. I really disliked both leagues.. synthesis was kinda ok. I liked the little side areas.. the board pretty much killed it for me.. betrayal.. that was more gank squad while doing shitmod red maps while in a breach with beyond.. but the biggy was unlocking crafting.. I like crafting and all, but I don't like my gameplay being interrupted, via side area or zone switch. Vaal sides are fine, it's small and a quick breeze, like synthesis did it.. This is more akin to the board.. leave the map, go plant shit, see you 3 maps later.. I dunno.. I don't like it.

Kinda torn between this and GD.

The new league looks great, but atm, I don't think I have the time for it. It's too... familiar? Have tons of hours into the game, but this just reaks of synthesis and betrayal. I really disliked both leagues.. synthesis was kinda ok. I liked the little side areas.. the board pretty much killed it for me.. betrayal.. that was more gank squad while doing shitmod red maps while in a breach with beyond.. but the biggy was unlocking crafting.. I like crafting and all, but I don't like my gameplay being interrupted, via side area or zone switch. Vaal sides are fine, it's small and a quick breeze, like synthesis did it.. This is more akin to the board.. leave the map, go plant shit, see you 3 maps later.. I dunno.. I don't like it.

Kinda torn between this and GD.

I'm thinking POE2 is the next thing that will truly hook me. They went too far down the speed meta rabbit hole to the point that you're either blowing everything up or you're getting blown up, and I don't think there's much they can do about it until POE2 gives them an official chance to reset.

There was a new development manifesto posted yesterday that caused a pretty big uproar due to some pretty significant changes, particularly to 2H, DW, Brands, Warcries, Stuns, Cyclone, VMS, and Archmage: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2873295

Still, I will check out Harvest on Friday since Delirium wasn't particularly satisfying and I've been taking a break - 2H Static Strike build here I come! I lost interest in Grim Dawn when it came to replaying the game on higher difficulty settings; that design is just played out at this point and POE and D3 were both right to do away with it.

I've never done party play ever in PoE, so I think I'm going to try to scope out a guild. Iunno, I sort of miss the days of logging in with a few others and knocking some stuff out together. Love playing support roles. Something like a tanking, taunting, Gladiator seems fun.

I've never done party play ever in PoE, so I think I'm going to try to scope out a guild. Iunno, I sort of miss the days of logging in with a few others and knocking some stuff out together. Love playing support roles. Something like a tanking, taunting, Gladiator seems fun.
It can be quite fun multiplayer. The trick is to find someone that doesn't just wander off or tries to show off and makes a mess of things. I think a guild would be a good start. It's too bad there's no [H] guild.

Same. I'd join an [H] guild. I just don't have the slightest idea about any of it. Same with Discord. No idea.

Party playboys possible, just don't make any plans to progress your atlas together. The atlas is utterly broken when it comes to this. Completion just doesn't happen due to how everything was retiered.

In case anyone hasn't seen it yet, Harvest league launches later today:

Additionally, they are making headway on graphical optimizations:

Im in the queue now...now to take a nap before start lol
Shit. There's a queue? My wife is home. I'll have her fire the game up, haha.

She booted the game earlier, but there was no download. Perhaps I'm already updated? Should I just have her log me in for when I get home?

Yeah, 7.32gb patch. Already taken care of. Did my pob thing.. went ahead and set up a fire trapper.. Will switch him to crit later. Also, need to think up a name.

One good thing about me not being able to log in until later tonight is a miss the huge wave of "firsts" spam.

I like to see them to reinforce the fact im not that fast. if im on maps by morning im more than happy lol

5mins to start and im down to 2 builds....One I think is going to be super meta meaning $$$ for the chest n things. Other takes more things to get rolling but should be cheaper and stronger in the long run...I think.lol

So far it's really fun - the crafting options are WILD.

Also I found a Tabula at level 20, so I'm rollin'!

Yeah, it's not too shabby. I started as a trapper, and that takes a little bit to get going when you play from a dry start.. rolling along.

Not that I have a bunch of time to play this league, but harvest needs to go and I need patch notes.

Neat post, but we should wait for the dev. Manifesto to drop. It's a broad idea to what will happen to classes and builds...man, I hope Necro eats it.

After some serious initial problems I've enjoyed Harvest quite a bit. I'm not an uber crafter but I got some decent stuff from it that should allow me to make some nice builds...

However, SSF sucks salty balls. I will never play SSF again after the absolutely atrocious experience this league.

For the first time in a few years, I have no real desire to get into the next league. Kind of wiped out having to keep up three monitors, follow builds, run 3rd party programs, etc. I've actually fallen back into D3 after not playing since 2017.

For the first time in a few years, I have no real desire to get into the next league. Kind of wiped out having to keep up three monitors, follow builds, run 3rd party programs, etc. I've actually fallen back into D3 after not playing since 2017.

Shame, this league looks closer to Incursion, which was fun to play. Less craft heavy and some cool rewards. Friend of mine is going to play STD due to crafts. Might look us up? Ign Hecatare

Shame, this league looks closer to Incursion, which was fun to play. Less craft heavy and some cool rewards. Friend of mine is going to play STD due to crafts. Might look us up? Ign Hecatare
Eh, hunting season starts tomorrow, I've picked up reloading, got a bunch of projects around the house, need to bang out firewood, etc. Just too busy of a season right now. Temps are hitting the 40s which is my perfect weather, so I'm outside enjoying the weather, not inside with the central air cranked. I phase in and out of POE. I'll play for a few leagues, get burnt out, take a break for a few, then come back. I'll probably get myself POE2 when it releases.

Neat post, but we should wait for the dev. Manifesto to drop. It's a broad idea to what will happen to classes and builds...man, I hope Necro eats it.

"Wait" you say? I don't think so! This league is looking absolutely WILD if you like building around uniques and trying out builds! Those are some really nice challenge rewards too - I'm thinking there will be many people completing 24 for the cat.

ReplicaKaomHeart.png
ReplicaShroudoftheLightless.png
BitterDreamReplica.png

ENGminionsQoL.png
AlternateQualityGems3Sept_2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back