Path of Exile

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by Krieger91, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Westwood Arrakis

Westwood Arrakis [H]ard|Gawd

I'll join in on this league. I'm headed out for vacation so I'll be missing out on the first week or two. Oh well.

I'm thinking of making some form of lighting build. Maybe Arc or something.

2. Astral Abyss

Astral Abyss 2[H]4U

I wonder if a poison ballista ranger would work this season? Extra defense for tower defense. Take advantage of the new poison and minion buffs a little bit...

3. memnoch998

memnoch998 Limp Gawd

Had no idea til about an hour til launch. Going to try poison bv and see how that treats me.. The poison part is meta, but not really. Give me a bunch of good rares and a coralitos, and I should be OK, budget wise.

Dicking with the new mechanic wasn't bad at lower levels, but I can tell it's going to be a cluster fuck going in later.

4. memnoch998

memnoch998 Limp Gawd

Hmm.. Hoag with barrage totems? Minion buffs make your crawler pretty nutty. Unless you're talking about siege ballista, then that's a big nono. Very slow and a very low damage ceiling.

5. WarriorX

WarriorX 2[H]4U

Thought the league wasn't too bad. Until I did a blighted map and kept getting killed by off screen stuff and my FPS reduced to about <20 instead of 90+ that I get in a normal map. Mind you I play a zombie/skele/specter summoner and I can sit back and do nothing but dodge stuff...

I think Blight map design went something like this

Dev #1: How many mobs do you want to send during the blight maps

GGG CEO: Yes

memnoch998 likes this.
  6. memnoch998

memnoch998 Limp Gawd

Yeah, pretty sure your fps tanks aren't completely the clients fault. There's just way too much shit going on with the servers. When you have mobs in a normal map, they 'sleep' off screen til you come into a certain distance, then they wake up, and the server starts its thing. With blight, the roots go all over the map and you're getting all that fucking traffic at once, not to mention all that summoner bullshit going on.. (don't take it personally, it's just a hate thing I have).. But yeah.. Basically.

Chris Wilson: Yes.

WarriorX likes this.
  7. Lorien

Lorien [H]ardness Supreme

8. tunatime

tunatime 2[H]4U

What did I just watch? I haven't played Poe in years the fact Poe can handle that much stuff going on is impressive from what I remember a few spell's lagging everything.

9. Archaea

Archaea [H]ardForum Junkie

That type of spamming absolutely ruins partyplay.

Not one person can tell what’s going on. Not even the source player of the mess.

tunatime likes this.
  10. memnoch998

memnoch998 Limp Gawd

Yep. There's Alot going on here you're not seeing..

11. Aix.

Aix. [H]ard|Gawd

Lol, haven't you seen his other videos? That's pretty much the point of everything he makes haha.

Parja likes this.
  12. Parja

Parja Whineologist

How is it that people are still clueless about vendor recipes? I needed some jeweler's orbs, so figured I'd check to see if there were any cheap 6-socket items up for sale. I must have picked up about 40 of them for an alch or less. At the time of writing this, there's some dude with 21 of them for sale for 1 alch each. 21 alch for 147 jeweler's? Easy money.

Col_Hogan likes this.
  13. Lorien

Lorien [H]ardness Supreme

When a meme build is actually viable (again)

14. Aix.

Aix. [H]ard|Gawd

15. memnoch998

memnoch998 Limp Gawd

Yep. Looking forward to it. Showing off a new league and 4.0 which is still like a year off. Still, with the d4 announcement, we're in for a treat all around, as gamers.

horrorshow likes this.
  16. Aix.

Aix. [H]ard|Gawd

17. Aix.

Aix. [H]ard|Gawd

memnoch998 likes this.
  18. memnoch998

memnoch998 Limp Gawd

Yep. Make sure your PoE account is linked to twitch. Drops have been enabled for the next few days during select times of the convention.. also.. top post in the sub atm..

Way to go, Ziz.

19. DogsofJune

DogsofJune 2[H]4U

I need to work on my builds...... Winter project.

20. Aix.

Aix. [H]ard|Gawd

It's starting in 2 minutes!

21. memnoch998

memnoch998 Limp Gawd

Watching.. This einhar shit is.. awful? I do believe it's Jay Simon (the voice actor for einhar and niko), though..

22. memnoch998

memnoch998 Limp Gawd

Aaand.. apparently poe is fixing to be on life support in about a year.. 4.0 scrapped.. Path of Exile 2 announced.

23. Aix.

Aix. [H]ard|Gawd

That POE2 gameplay just made D4 look like...D3. No wonder they weren't worried! Will link some videos once they're available.

memnoch998 likes this.
  24. memnoch998

memnoch998 Limp Gawd

Yep, looked tasty as well. New league looks dope.. bye bye shaper/elder.. new 'bosses'.. new exalted orbs.. and.. poe mobile.. actually a thing.

25. Aix.

Aix. [H]ard|Gawd

26. memnoch998

memnoch998 Limp Gawd

Oh, for those of us who play standard and whatnot, I suggest grabbing up shaper/elder 83+ bases.. they might just skyrocket, since they're going legacy.

27. Aix.

Aix. [H]ard|Gawd

New expansion (with revamped endgame content) drops December 13th:

New league also drops December 13th (not really sure how to describe this):

28. Auer

Auer Gawd

Come a long way from the simple (and fun) Diablo alternative for sure.

The go to game for ARPG guys and gals that love to tinker with stats and builds.

Glad they finally had a meaningful graphics update too. Was a bit overdue.

29. DogsofJune

DogsofJune 2[H]4U

Well POE2 better be on Steam and better be free,

30. Aix.

Aix. [H]ard|Gawd

The game will continue to be free and all your past purchases (if any) will work with POE2. They're essentially upgrading the entire game to the new engine and going with "one game, two campaigns" as the slogan for now. The announcement was very good and had a bunch of this info straight from Chris's mouth, so that was nice.

The game client has always been available directly from GGG and later made it to Steam so I'm sure it will continue to be available both ways.

Seelenlos and memnoch998 like this.
  31. DogsofJune

DogsofJune 2[H]4U

I have played it since day one. I'm glad to see some improvements after all these years

32. Aix.

Aix. [H]ard|Gawd

Here's the entire first day live stream. You can find all the individual time stamps in the comments for easier viewing, but I took the liberty of linking the video below during Kripp's play through of the new content (with Jonathan providing some developer commentary). The part I linked is essentially the first side dungeon/optional boss you can do - essentially replacing Hailrake from POE1:

memnoch998 likes this.