Path of Exile

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by Krieger91, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Westwood Arrakis

Westwood Arrakis Gawd

I'll join in on this league. I'm headed out for vacation so I'll be missing out on the first week or two. Oh well.

I'm thinking of making some form of lighting build. Maybe Arc or something.

2. Astral Abyss

Astral Abyss 2[H]4U

I wonder if a poison ballista ranger would work this season? Extra defense for tower defense. Take advantage of the new poison and minion buffs a little bit...

3. memnoch998

memnoch998 Limp Gawd

Had no idea til about an hour til launch. Going to try poison bv and see how that treats me.. The poison part is meta, but not really. Give me a bunch of good rares and a coralitos, and I should be OK, budget wise.

Dicking with the new mechanic wasn't bad at lower levels, but I can tell it's going to be a cluster fuck going in later.

4. memnoch998

memnoch998 Limp Gawd

Hmm.. Hoag with barrage totems? Minion buffs make your crawler pretty nutty. Unless you're talking about siege ballista, then that's a big nono. Very slow and a very low damage ceiling.

5. WarriorX

WarriorX [H]ard|Gawd

Thought the league wasn't too bad. Until I did a blighted map and kept getting killed by off screen stuff and my FPS reduced to about <20 instead of 90+ that I get in a normal map. Mind you I play a zombie/skele/specter summoner and I can sit back and do nothing but dodge stuff...

I think Blight map design went something like this

Dev #1: How many mobs do you want to send during the blight maps

GGG CEO: Yes

memnoch998 likes this.
  6. memnoch998

memnoch998 Limp Gawd

Yeah, pretty sure your fps tanks aren't completely the clients fault. There's just way too much shit going on with the servers. When you have mobs in a normal map, they 'sleep' off screen til you come into a certain distance, then they wake up, and the server starts its thing. With blight, the roots go all over the map and you're getting all that fucking traffic at once, not to mention all that summoner bullshit going on.. (don't take it personally, it's just a hate thing I have).. But yeah.. Basically.

Chris Wilson: Yes.

WarriorX likes this.
  7. Lorien

Lorien [H]ardness Supreme

8. tunatime

tunatime 2[H]4U

What did I just watch? I haven't played Poe in years the fact Poe can handle that much stuff going on is impressive from what I remember a few spell's lagging everything.

9. Archaea

Archaea [H]ardForum Junkie

That type of spamming absolutely ruins partyplay.

Not one person can tell what’s going on. Not even the source player of the mess.

tunatime likes this.
  10. memnoch998

memnoch998 Limp Gawd

Yep. There's Alot going on here you're not seeing..

11. Aix.

Aix. [H]ard|Gawd

Lol, haven't you seen his other videos? That's pretty much the point of everything he makes haha.

Parja likes this.