Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damnnnnnn

smile-direct-club-shiny-meme-de54b9fd12dad3c815c1fb95d55fd7cb8142313b36a8af5f82da56f8d8c7c328.jpg

Hype train!!!

Things like this will be good for the game.. and bad. Just waiting for them to dick up and let a skill get the instantaneous and not need it or break something else. GGG is famous for that shit. oh, and for the record, Dom blow, here we come.

Delve challenge rewards are up:

Not sure how I feel about essence wings and a little hole in the ground.

I like the portal effect a lot, but the wings are simply too big/distracting for me to want to use them - similar to the Ultimate Chaos Wings, which look cool but are just huge.

I don't generally care about completing the challenges though so I almost never get the rewards. Really wish I'd gotten the Breach portal effect though.

Could you guys link me to some newb guides?

I have a marauder @ 22 and I'm getting the feeling I've made some foolish moves along the way....

...the wings are simply too big/distracting for me to want to use them - similar to the Ultimate Chaos Wings, which look cool but are just huge.

Ugh, can you imagine the performance impact that's going to have? In town with a bunch of people with that is going to be a slideshow.

Could you guys link me to some newb guides?

I have a marauder @ 22 and I'm getting the feeling I've made some foolish moves along the way....

Go here and find a build you like with a good leveling guide and follow it... https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/marauder

Good choice picking Marauder as a first timer. They're easy peasy to level with Sunder.

Ugh, can you imagine the performance impact that's going to have? In town with a bunch of people with that is going to be a slideshow.

Go here and find a build you like with a good leveling guide and follow it... https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/marauder

Good choice picking Marauder as a first timer. They're easy peasy to level with Sunder.

Yep. Good place to start. Don't worry about screwing up, you're still fairly low level and it's pretty easy to fix whatever the problem is (at 22, it's probably gear or links, and a little knowledge, no biggy) If you're in standard, hit me up, might be able to help you. Incursion league ends in a few hours, so I'll be on sorting through things, IGN: Memnoch

Can't figure out how to post a picture from my phone, but check out the new Unnatural Instinct jewel!

There's a couple spots near Scion start that would be just ridiculous with this.

This league feels like another flop in the same league as bestiary. It literally is throw some shit on the ground (but this time there's 2 different thing to throw) and crafting just like Bestiary.

Flares = Bestiary nets 2.0 and they're worse because you can only carry a limited number of them and they have a finite duration (with no indication whatsoever of how long they last either) so if you ever dare to go exploring away from the main path you will most likely get stranded and die. Even worse monsters can block the flares you throw and in the darkness monsters are literally immortal. Have fun with that combination when exploring lol. This league's mechanics are extremely hardcore unfriendly, beware.

Also note, flares are not thrown where you point the mouse. They are thrown straight ahead where your character is facing. This is a regression in usability from the Bestiary nets which were omnidirectional.

The subterranean mine itself is another mess. Aside from the "infinite length" gimmick the issues with flares make it so that the only sensible way to play is by following a straight as possible path down and completely ignore all the side ones.
Another annoyance is Azurite spawned from the deposits in the mine and items/currency dropped by the crawler can get stuck inside walls and you are unable to pick them up.
The crawler is yet another mess. Its light can shut off out of nowhere and you die form the darkness shortly after. The crawler can also literally clip thru walls where your character can't follow and you're left once again in the dark to die.

There are many more bugs but I think you get the picture.

P.S: I recommend people completely ignore the league mechanics while leveling except to fill up your sulphite. Why? Because you can considerably cheapen the cost of upgrading things later on. They added a "catch up" mechanic where every 10 levels the price to upgrade things in the Delve page is considerably discounted.

For example to upgrade your Sulphite capacity from 95 to 125 will cost you 187 Azurite but if you keep on leveling it will only cost you 47.

Last edited:
This league feels like another flop in the same league as bestiary.
GGG are fixing all those issues and more in patches soon to come. It's way too early to call it a flop, as unlike bestiary there's a lot of positive feedback about the basics of the league so far. Not surprising either, an infinite dungeon of ever increasing difficulty is always welcome in arpg games.

They missed the marked SO badly on the flare mechanic that it's kind of unbelievable. You can't toss the flare ahead of you so you have to run into the darkness, which makes you start losing health quickly. So then you drop a flare and it may or may not stop the health degen and you die. I only play HC since that's what I like, and just lost my starter character because I thought I'd search a bit...and the flare I dropped did fucking nothing and I died. This is design on a WTF-level of D3 launch.

I heard a theory someone had based out of info Chris Wilson revealed where they have 2 separate teams working on expansions. It is pretty evident that the team that made Bestiary made Delve and another team made Abyss and Incursion. It makes perfect sense.

Also this happens every single fucking league, an army of fucking bots running around and at the same time spamming chat with RMT website advertisements. You can see them also in act2 and act4 but there is a higher concentration of them in act3 because a divination card that gives you an exalted orb can drop there. They really should just let people bot and sell shit for money in the open if they aren't willing to enforce their own TOS.

Oh and one correction to my earlier post: What at first seemed like a bug with the crawler shutting its light off randomly turns out is a new cancer mob that EMPs it. So if you aren't 1 shotting those mobs before they get near the crawler and you've spent all your flares get ready to die. And remember mobs are immune in the darkness so even if you spot them ahead of the crawler you can't do anything about them until they are right on top of you. Such a terrible design.

Last edited:
I started a new character and the game apologized to me with a Tabula Rasa about 10 levels in from one of those random special chests just off the path of the Crawler. Playing a Toxic Rain poison build on Ranger using the new herald skill and it's pretty fun so far.

Regarding those bots, they seem to appear every league (GGG should remove the card from A3 entirely since that seems to be the reason it's always A3) and, while they do get banned, accounts are free. GGG has been known to shadow ban accounts as well, leading to the bots playing but receiving no currency drops. A normal player would notice but someone running a lot of accounts would likely waste a lot of time. They do banwaves as well (there was one recently) and one of the bot makers publicly stated he was done.

Nice grats.
Thanks. I had to rename some of my characters while others told me to rename them but the identical name worked.:cool: Now to understand 4+ years of changes! There's 3 new NPCs just in the 1st act that weren't there when I last played. I'm guessing the two magic dealers are like the Diablo2 equivalents where it's a gambling mechanic?

[Edit] Apparently a lot of the gear I had on my characters now requires a much higher level than the characters currently are. I had to replay lower level sections just to get drops I could use.

Last edited:
Your characters all look low level, so no big deal.

That staff is nothing special, and you can use it if you take the gem out that requires level 36.

There's 3 new NPCs just in the 1st act that weren't there when I last played. I'm guessing the two magic dealers are like the Diablo2 equivalents where it's a gambling mechanic?

Google "poe forsaken masters".

So.. I wasn't able to jump into delve thsi weekend, or yesterday, so it's going to be today, and I'm glad I waited. Already 4 patches, and issues ironed out, hopefully. Is it good to play now, or should I just skip?

Is it good to play now, or should I just skip?
It's a fun league mechanic. Not the best they've released but one of the better ones. IMO some of the numbers still need tweaking (particularly the upgrade costs) and some builds might struggle in the delves or need to level up a bit before going in - but other than that it's certainly playable and will be enjoyable to anyone who likes infinite style dungeons in arpgs.

Other than the obvious issue with flares it is very cool and a lot of fun - I don't think you want to miss it.

Playing HC, I lost my league starter in the 40's due to the flares which set me back a bit (and pissed me off), but you can still Delve and grab good loot along the path of the crawler without going off into the dark in search of secret paths. They should have the flares and a number of other things fixed/tweaked some time this week. Only thing I've traded for so far was a Quill Rain but I've found lots of great loot just by playing. Found one of the new Mark of Submission rings and it's so nice for QoL, although I'll probably need that ring slot at some point for real stats.

...some builds might struggle in the delves or need to level up a bit before going in...

Yeah, I'm finding that to be the case a bit with my Whispering Ice Scion. The build excels at standing ground and leeching, so it can get a little hectic in the Delve. This league would be friggin' sweet for any kind of shield charge or cyclone build.

I wonder how the flicker strikers are faring. Seems like a skill that could really get you in trouble in this league.

honestly, i cant see WI being that good in the mines. selfcast its slow.. channeled, still locked in place. dont get me wrong, kelvins build is great, but a nono for the mines. flicker... lol

honestly, i cant see WI being that good in the mines. selfcast its slow.. channeled, still locked in place. dont get me wrong, kelvins build is great, but a nono for the mines. flicker... lol

It's not terrible...basically alternating Flame Dash and bursts of channeled Ice Storm. It excels when you reach the encounter, though.

Random statement, but I was really impressed that the new graphic effects weren't terribly demanding....

When I first saw the youtube vids for Global Illumination, I was like "awwww crap".

But.... silky-smooth 60 fps windowed. W00T

It's not terrible...basically alternating Flame Dash and bursts of channeled Ice Storm. It excels when you reach the encounter, though.

That's actually kind of surprising to hear, but good, nonetheless. Makes me wonder how other 'niche' builds are doing that aren't all about clearspeed.

Are aura builds no longer a thing at all? Now that I'm playing my Templar I see that Anger and Hatred reserve 50% mana each. Last time I played it was around 30% each! Do people swap between auras as needed or just stick to one?

Are aura builds no longer a thing at all? Now that I'm playing my Templar I see that Anger and Hatred reserve 50% mana each. Last time I played it was around 30% each! Do people swap between auras as needed or just stick to one?

You can get reduced mana reservation from nodes on the tree (and a few unique items), and they've since introduced the Herald gems that reserve less but only affect you. But yeah, they changed how the Reduced Mana gem worked back in July 2015 with 2.0 and made it not affect mana reservation since people were just running tons of auras.

It might just be how I build characters, but I almost never use the 50% reservation gems, although Wrath is popular in a lot of builds for sure.

Reactions: Parja
like this
Apparently, I need to grind, just to grind. Pop into a delve, to increaase my sulphite and radius, and then to increase my resistance to go and run off on errands, to increase the latter two concerns. GGG has actually lived up to their names. Neat league, great mechanic, but the shit if I'm going to sit and try-hard this bullshit. It is NOT something to replace the end-game, in fact, it is far from it. Delves are great, in practice, but what I signed up for, due to what was advertised, was an alternative to end-game content (maps). Instead, what I was given, was a system where, in order to go further, quicker and faster, I needed more energy. To experience a league mechanic that's gated behind another mechanic, behind another fucking mechanic.. Newp. Don't get me wrong, delving is great. But, why isn't this a part of the core game and where are the seams? From Incursion, and go and look back, league mechanics were a once-look and go mechanic. There wasn't an 'instance' where you didn't have to instance in and say fuck it, let's go. Incursion took care of this, and it was 30 seconds and done. Every league before that was about the same. There is a lack of continuity and identity in the game, concerning delves. Switch this area, switch that area.. In practice, I love it, in actual use, Give me a break. This league, despite it's concerns, is fucking standard, where no one plays, apparently.

I gave it a try but I just can't grind this shit anymore lol.

To be able to do a delve you need to grind sulphite in the world or maps. Then when delving into the mine you are inevitably forced to take a path near a node that contains azurite because you need to grind it to increase your sulphite capacity, darkness resistance and light radius to be able to go down deeper. That is an endless grindy feedback loop because you need ever increasing amounts of sulphite and azurite if you want to keep on progressing.

I got to delve depth level 100 for the first achievement and the next one is for level 300. Fuck that.

I saw this morning someone has hit delve level 1200. That's just nutty.

10-11ex drop

screenshot-0045.png

The question is do I sell this or build something around it like an elemental hit deadeye ranger or maybe a scion ascendant with slayer+pathfinder.

Reactions: Aix.
like this
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back