Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
the currency drop rate on PoE is punishing. Trading cards rarely drop anymore too. Over the couple years I've played the game the drop rate of has severely been cut. I've got thousands of hours in the game I'm sure and my highest level char is a level 86 hardcore. I think I've only seen about 3 exalt drops the whole time. When end game items sell for a few exalt each - I'm not sure how it's done.

I'm moving to a more stable internet area. The support this games gets is, and always has been, crazy good.

How many devs do they have? Rather - how big is the company? For a free game - it's an excellent game. Perhaps my favorite game of all time.
(I've supported the devs for about $60 bucks so far in purchases - so not really free if you play a long time because you are going to want more stash space, a guild stash, maybe a cosmetic upgrade for fun here or there) - but you really DON'T need to pay anything to enjoy the game/play the game.)

I made the mistake of running a Fracture, Double-Unique, Nemesis mod JV map yesterday afternoon when I got home from work.

-23% later I beat the bosses but rage quit until early this morning.

The JV map dropped 2 rare maps (Wastepool + Mines)

I ran Wastepool before work this morning and got a BoR with max rolls on all but +life (+147 Life)

First BoR I've seen drop for me.

Rant Time:

I NEED DIVINES AND BLESSEDS!!~!!!~!!~~!~!~!@!~@!~@!~

I been trying for a goddamn week and a half now to get Divines and Blessed orbs and haven't seen a single one of either drop in 10 days

Yes. I've monitored trade chat for hours on end
Yes. I've made posts in each of trade 1-10 WTB offering a little over market value for them. Everyone who has responded has tried to high-ball me

It's really startin' to piss me off
The only thing i can think of is that you have clearly under-estimated what market value is. If you were actually above market value you'd be getting offers. I doubt that they're just not out there... but people are probably desiring them for the same reason as you.
the currency drop rate on PoE is punishing. Trading cards rarely drop anymore too. Over the couple years I've played the game the drop rate of has severely been cut. I've got thousands of hours in the game I'm sure and my highest level char is a level 86 hardcore. I think I've only seen about 3 exalt drops the whole time. When end game items sell for a few exalt each - I'm not sure how it's done.
I've often wondered the same thing. this game seems to have the worst drop rate out of any arpg i've ever played.

The only thing i can think of is that you have clearly under-estimated what market value is. If you were actually above market value you'd be getting offers. I doubt that they're just not out there... but people are probably desiring them for the same reason as you.

I've often wondered the same thing. this game seems to have the worst drop rate out of any arpg i've ever played.

I've sold/bought over 8,000 orbs just this month alone so I'm pretty damn familiar with "...market value".

15 fuses for 1 blessed is bullshit (or, according to you, fair market value)
1Ex for 1 Div is bullshit (or, according to you, fair market value)

I've sold/bought over 8,000 orbs just this month alone so I'm pretty damn familiar with "...market value".

15 fuses for 1 blessed is bullshit (or, according to you, fair market value)
1Ex for 1 Div is bullshit (or, according to you, fair market value)

I make no claim to know the market value of things anymore (or at any time, for that matter, but especially now as I haven't played in awhile). Your rant just made me think about the possibility that something in the game has made the value of divines and blessed orbs rise.

Definitely can't see any other orb being 1:1 with an exalted.

Yeah, mathil does some pretty cool builds, he's playing fakener atm.. a build he perfected, and introduced to the community, basically, it's a mjolner cast on crit discharge build, without the mjolner.

Regal'd a vaal regalia into a 668 ES piece w/ 1 resist, mastered another resist, Exalted and got int, BUT the next EX I throw on it will be a guaranteed prefix...which if it hits the hybrid it'll be something crazy in the 800's when its said and done.

Have a 400ES helm with basically no other stats but 32rarity, and a 400ES shield that has imperfect stats but damned if I don't enjoy hacing 7k total ES before discipline.

Ran a waterways map (T13?), but the boss was basically impossible for me. Its an Ice golem that spawns other ice golems that suicide (not a big deal), but he also reflects ele (despite not being a reflect mod map), and randomly goes into an invulnerable status where he regens health. Got it down to 70% before I gave up.

One issue that is driving me insane are floating mobs (skulls and animated weapons). None of my spells hit them. I run spark (counts as floor effect), have vaal ice nova (VERY strong btw), and basically that's it. I have to swap to another spell to be able to do any damage to them and have died multiple times due to a bunch of weapons smacking me bit by bit.

One issue that is driving me insane are floating mobs (skulls and animated weapons). None of my spells hit them. I run spark (counts as floor effect), have vaal ice nova (VERY strong btw), and basically that's it. I have to swap to another spell to be able to do any damage to them and have died multiple times due to a bunch of weapons smacking me bit by bit.

try seeing if Herald of Thunder helps

try seeing if Herald of Thunder helps

I run it, but the bolts only shoot out for a couple seconds after killing a mob, usually I'll kill all surrounding mobs and have 5-10 weapons/skulls still floating around messing me up. In waterways I had to run halfway across the zone kiting them getting more kills to take em out finally.

Just got back into this game, and I'm basically relearning it all over again.

I always wanted to try an elemental bow build, but I want to do it with Ice Shot and just shatter all the mobs and explosions. Having a hard time finding a build posted anywhere to get me started, as I'm not experienced enough to get too experimental. Anyone have any links that are pretty tried and true?

was looking into this game i tryed it once Love the talent trees but found making money in game was kinda hard for me any one have a link to a noob site soo one can learn the basics or a how to website or something Thanks

Anyone playing Perandus league? These new ascendancy classes are awesome. I can't get enough of Siege Ballista, played it in the Talisman league and now rebuilding it again. I got up to 27k dps per totem and just ran through maps like nothing.

zeeDj, just go to PoE Wiki, choose a skill that you like and look up a build that focuses on it. Or just look up PoE gameplay video and choose a build that looks fun to you.

I think I'll pass, not to interested in this tbh. Not sure why, just burnt out still, I guess. I don't know if I could do a couple hundred more hours presently.

I've been playing a Marauder / Berserker with the new Earthquake skill and I absolutely love it. It is stupid strong and the "feel" of the skill is just perfect - chaotic and intense and destructive. I'm only level 66 right now so I'm not sure where the build will hit its ceiling but it was the most fun leveling build I've played. Just buy the various two handed leveling uniques as you level up and you steamroll everything in a most gratifying way. Current build looks like this. Finishing it out is just matter of picking up the rest of the convenient damge and life nodes thusly.

I've been playing a Marauder / Berserker with the new Earthquake skill and I absolutely love it. It is stupid strong and the "feel" of the skill is just perfect - chaotic and intense and destructive. I'm only level 66 right now so I'm not sure where the build will hit its ceiling but it was the most fun leveling build I've played. Just buy the various two handed leveling uniques as you level up and you steamroll everything in a most gratifying way. Current build looks like this. Finishing it out is just matter of picking up the rest of the convenient damge and life nodes thusly.

I watched a streamer named etup use an earthquake build and somehow reached 7k hp and 5k ES while doing massive amounts of damage. How much hp did you get up to so far?

Edit:

It might actually have been a temporary buff to his hp.

Last edited:
I watched a streamer named etup use an earthquake build and somehow reached 7k hp and 5k ES while doing massive amounts of damage. How much hp did you get up to so far?

Edit:

It might actually have been a temporary buff to his hp.

That was likely a temporary buff, though Etup is a pretty good player so maybe he's got a way to do it. Personally I'm at about 4200 HP and hoping to get to 5000-5500 by the time I'm done. We'll see how good of gear I'm able to get....

I'm trying to stay interested this league, there's plenty to do, but I think doing two leagues in a row previously has me burnt out a little. I need to level a champion or juggernaut, haven't done a defensive build in a long time.

I'm trying to stay interested this league, there's plenty to do, but I think doing two leagues in a row previously has me burnt out a little. I need to level a champion or juggernaut, haven't done a defensive build in a long time.

It definitely happens: I decided to skip the Talisman leagues and now I'm feeling refreshed and having so much fun playing all this new content. The Labyrinth and all the traps have introduced a whole new element into the game, and Cadiro has made for a really enjoyable way to get gear as well - both leveling gear and end-game-worthy stuff. For players like me that like to experiment with builds more than endlessly grinding and trying to "get rich" the league is extremely fun; really hoping to see Cadiro worked into the core game experience later on.

I have a lvl 67 I think Scion from well over a year or more ago. I think I have a free respec........so should I respec that scion and use it for farming? Any good scion rebuilds you would reccomend?

Also anyone want to give anything away they dont want need? :)

The only expensive piece of gear I have is my chest piece which is 6 linked and cost me 5 exalted to buy though I had to compromise on the amount of armor on it to afford it. I've saved up through most of the league to afford it. Everything else I bought for 5-20 chaos and is pretty run of the mill. Even the Marohi Erqi which is all but best in slot for this character can be had for as cheap as one alchemy if you don't get a great damage roll on it. So, this is to say, my gear ranges from kind of ok almost really good.

Are you playing in Standard league? Shoot me your character name I can probably hook you up on some gear. Let me know what kind of build you're playing and I can see what I've got,.

So.......I got this game re-downloaded and logged in...........

Holy WTF do I do now? It has been 2 years since i last played. My lvl 59 Scion has 0 passive skills due to resets (have like 123 and 6 Ascendancy points available?). Like seriously - WTF is an Ascendancy point lol?

So I have no idea how/what to respec, I try to read the forums for scion builds and there is 100 of them........all of them only really show end game builds/gear and they constantly use all this lingo about EE FE RE DE blah blah lol.

So.......anyone have a tip for how to spend all my points and maybe a scion build they might suggest?

I dont really see a "noob" section on the POE forums for me to try to read/catch back up to speed?

Ideas?

Halp? LoL I liked the game when I was playing (got bored though with limited content) and really want to play again - but man - the learning curve is soooooooooooooo huge. Almost too huge!

Thanks in advance!

Oh and characters name is ToyYota (get it....Scion - lol).

So.......I got this game re-downloaded and logged in...........

Holy WTF do I do now? It has been 2 years since i last played. My lvl 59 Scion has 0 passive skills due to resets (have like 123 and 6 Ascendancy points available?). Like seriously - WTF is an Ascendancy point lol?....

Check out this build here.
Pretty strong and pretty cheap.

Ascendancy is the latest release for the game - you get a "secondary skill tree" with extremely powerful passive skills to make a character very powerful.

So I finally got going again on my standard scion build.

Respeccd the whole tree and went Spark build. Had a buddy give me 3 exalts to get going. I followed ZiggyD's 10c path to good gear and his spark build. Used wand at first to level from 59 to 64, just got my Voltaxic Rift bow.

HOLY MOTHER OF EXILE GAWDS.........with my gems just now hitting lvl 11, my scion lvl 64 - I am doing almost 4k DPS (voltaxic converts it all to chaos) and it is just down right unbelieveable how powerful this build is haha.....holy shit. Get in a dungeon with the close rooms/cooridors and its pinballs of death. Having a blast with it.

Now to figure out Ascendancy and figure out how to get my hide out.......any help here as what I need to do?

I am playing back through standard merciless. Am on Act II now. Trying to make sure I hit every Vaal hideout and them the tricky ass maze things that pop up for you to figure out. I think I have hit 3 of the ascendancy things so far out of 6. Is there a map that shows where they are? I am afraid I have missed one or 2?

Build:

Path of Exile Scion Spark Build Guide – The Strongest Build I Have Ever Played | ZIGGYD TV

Is there a map that shows where they are? I am afraid I have missed one or 2?
You can always go back to the zone they spawn in. Go to Act 3 town (Sarn encampment), walk up the stairs and click on the statue - it will tell you where to go. Sometimes 'crematorium' and 'catacombs' may be grayed out. Once you complete the traps in all the areas it lists, you can then access the labyrinth via the same statue.

...Now to figure out Ascendancy and figure out how to get my hide out.......any help here as what I need to do?

I am playing back through standard merciless. Am on Act II now. Trying to make sure I hit every Vaal hideout and them the tricky ass maze things that pop up for you to figure out. I think I have hit 3 of the ascendancy things so far out of 6. Is there a map that shows where they are? I am afraid I have missed one or 2?

The six trials needed to unlock the labyrinth can be found in these locations.

Been splitting my time with poe and the division (ps4). Division is so similar to destimy, but not terrible.

Anyways I rerolled into a crit hegemonys era earthquake built, and its godly. Threw a soulthirst in with it and with good flask management everything just explodes up till t10 maps, where I just need to be slightly more careful with map mods.

Absolutely recommend the build.

That said, I need to take a break, ggg needs to rework the flow of the game.

I have read those EQ builds are waaay fun. Once I go through on this build (act 4) I will probbaly quit again for a while lol. They add content way too slowly to this game.

New build time....

I wanted to make a Scion build that took advantage of the pierce/projectile mods from the Ranger and the crit from the Shadow. My first thought was to make a cast on crit build using lightning strike but blech, too slow. I've never been a big fan of spectral throw CoC so I went with barrage. I started with a wand, which was fine, but still a little sluggish. I then noticed that I had a Quill Rain and a Drillneck in my inventory and, weeeeeeeee, so much attack speed!!1! The 5% base crit is a hassle but with the newly modified Increased Critical Strikes gem as well as the Shadow ascendancy I get the base crit up to just shy of 8%. And when your APS is insanely high the odd non-crit just doesn't slow you down that much.

So I now have 100% chance to pierce and an associated 100% increased projectile damage and bonkers projectile speed. The obvious spell choices are Spark and Ethereal Knives as they are both made extremely strong with pierce and proj speed. Thus, the "Piercing CoC" build. Tree I was worried this was going to be rubbish as I leveled with Spark and it was kind of boring but, once I got the final Ascendancy points, it got super fun.

That was actually kind of cool to watch, and a fresh take on CoC. Alot of screenshake going on there. I haven't played in a month. Just took the ranger deadeye for shits and giggles.. it's nice to have a portrait change? :/

View Profile - Path of Exile - SerialThriller37

You should be able to see my characters here - this one is called "SparkklePony". It's not actually all that gear dependant - just get all the crit chance you can get and you're most of the way there. Defense is sort of rubbish - a bit of evasion and Acrobatics and arctic armor and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back