Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got an "Untainted Paradise" map from Zana which, if you haven't seen, gives over 1000% increased experience gain while the monster don't drop any loot. It's a level 66 zone and my level 78 character gained almost an entire level's worth of experience (in about 10 minutes). It's a beautiful thing.

Hey guys, I got up to act 2 with my witch and then I switched over to a ranger just to try it out, seems a lot better for now. Still have no idea what I'm doing and finding builds to go off of is hard because everyone assumes you've been playing since the start and have tons of currency to go buy items from people with. Going to muddle through though and see where I end up.

Started having a problem though, in act 2 in many of the maps that aren't dungeons (like the old fields for example) I get white flashing when I run around. Its definitely some kind of graphical glitch and it seems to be related to the texture for the cobblestone roads that go down the middle of the maps. I have an AMD R9 270. Has anyone else seen this? I searched for it but didn't find anything conclusive.

Started having a problem though, in act 2 in many of the maps that aren't dungeons (like the old fields for example) I get white flashing when I run around. Its definitely some kind of graphical glitch and it seems to be related to the texture for the cobblestone roads that go down the middle of the maps. I have an AMD R9 270. Has anyone else seen this? I searched for it but didn't find anything conclusive.

Try running a Pack Check in case a file got corrupted.

Just got an "Untainted Paradise" map from Zana which, if you haven't seen, gives over 1000% increased experience gain while the monster don't drop any loot. It's a level 66 zone and my level 78 character gained almost an entire level's worth of experience (in about 10 minutes). It's a beautiful thing.

I hate you. I've been dying to run that map but Zana has avoided me like I have the plague or something.

Catarina, on the other hand, won't stay the FSCK outta my maps as of late. She's been in as many as 4 maps in a row(Saturday). It's almost like they want me to level her up fast as possible.

Eleron and Zana are all < lvl 6 (still) and it's frustrating but I'm plugging away at it.

Okay so after doing a ton of theory crafting I want to make a couple guys in the new league. Problem is, it just takes me so long to level a guy up.

I don't recall ever seeing this discussed in here... but is there a way to powerlevel? Or, what's the quickest way to level a guy up?

Like Trist runs perhaps... anything like that going down?

Okay so after doing a ton of theory crafting I want to make a couple guys in the new league. Problem is, it just takes me so long to level a guy up.

I don't recall ever seeing this discussed in here... but is there a way to powerlevel? Or, what's the quickest way to level a guy up?

I believe ZiggyD has a power leveling video and there are some other power leveling videos as well that I saw.

One of them (BoxSalesman) was doing Piety runs and concentrating only on "groups" of mobs...he was running by singles and doubles to AOE the crap outta groups then rinse, reset instance, repeat. Kinda makes sense if you're not interested in the quest progression....

Since I installed my CST Trackball, and mapped my button to Alt-F4 so i can GTFO, I'm seriously considering doing the hardcore league with my next character.

I'm no expert in power leveling but a few tips....

- If you happen not to know, there is a penalty to experience gain if you are a certain number of levels higher than the zone you're in. Thus, as you level, keep track of your level versus the zone level. If you find yourself outleveling the areas you're in get out of there. Skip side quests. Skip killing monsters altogether; just run through and get to the next zone (if that's feasible).

- Keeping tip number one in mind, there are zones that are more efficient for gaining XP than others. In act 1 it tends to be the Ledge. In act 2 it is Fellshrine or The Chamber of Sins. In act 3 it's the Docks. They all have good monster density, "relative" safety, and relative ease of navigation. What a lot of people will do is rush through an act until the reach the farming zone. You then farm that zone until you get to a comfortable level and then quickly do that act's quests. Once the quests are done move onto the next act and repeat.

Thanks for the tips guys. One more question. On the experience page of the poe wiki, it says: "Being in an area with a party member grants you no experience bonus."

Does that mean it's actually faster to level solo? I remember leveling in groups in D2 was much faster.

Thanks for the tips guys. One more question. On the experience page of the poe wiki, it says: "Being in an area with a party member grants you no experience bonus."

Does that mean it's actually faster to level solo? I remember leveling in groups in D2 was much faster.

I wish I could answer you on that but I've never grouped with anyone, ever, (except to do trades)

I wish I could answer you on that but I've never grouped with anyone, ever, (except to do trades)

Yea same. A long time ago my roommate and I used to group together. I just have all these ideas for builds i want to try and it's killing me how slow it is to get them to build level. I'll try just farming these spots though and see if that's better.

Grouping can help, but the best bet is to keep your level in line with the zone level. i try to keep the max to 5 above my current level. the zones listed, ledge, fellshrine, and docks, are probably the best.

Ya know...I don't normally piss & moan about the lag spikes in the game because it's just a part of playing and I deal with it But...I gotta say that yesterday pissed me off to no end.

I'm on a 73 map and find a rare gemcutter box. Roge exile guarding it. mobs fire 2 extra shots, freezes me ...I got this with no problems...been there and done that 50 times at least...

I pop it, pop a quicksilver that dispels freezing/chilled, I run away, far away. Start Spectral throwing towards the mobs chasing me, then I rubberband back into the very middle where the snakes were firing chaos and the exile fires traps me. Leapslam outta there and heal then rubberband right back to where I was. Leap slam out again and heal. Rubberband back, then leapslam out and use last of healing flasks) and rubberband back. trapped by exile and snakes burn me down with 3x shots of chaos.

Good bye 10% XP

Timed Haku mission on a 73. 3 Quicksilver flask through mobs to reach soul in about 20 seconds. fight boss and adds to refill flasks and I quicksilver back to entrance. Go to click the exit and rubberband back to boss room. Little health left, plenty of time...pop a HP flask and fight some mobs to refill QS flasks and quicksilver back to entrance. Try to click the exit and rubberband back to the boss room again. And again. And again. And Again. And Again. Fail mission due to no time left

GGG can lick me where I piss some days

I totally get where you're coming from. It's to a point i don't even do his missions anymore with the lag and all. Just a royal pain.

Do you use an /oos macro? seems like a lot of time passed in each of your cases before you realized you were out of sync.

Questions: Do you guys think using Poachers Mark + Blooddance Boots as a method of generating frenzy charges would be enough so that I wouldn't need to use bloodrage? Are the two % chances of obtaining a frenzy charge additive?

Do you use an /oos macro? seems like a lot of time passed in each of your cases before you realized you were out of sync.

Questions: Do you guys think using Poachers Mark + Blooddance Boots as a method of generating frenzy charges would be enough so that I wouldn't need to use bloodrage? Are the two % chances of obtaining a frenzy charge additive?

I know you weren't specifically trying to piss me off so I'll ignore the comment about desync. It just annoys me a little...:(

Desync is such an integral part of the game it (desync) "should" go without saying that it's (desync is) part of the normal gameplay and that I know how to combat it (desync) . I took for granted that everyone knows it (desync) happens so I lumped it (desync) in with the lag spikes part of my post because, to me, it goes without saying that you'll see desync and have to deal with it (desync)

I specified desync in my response each time I mentioned it (desync) so you know I am referring to it (desync) so there are no musunderstandings ;)

The %tages for Poacher's and Blooddance are stackable, if I recall correctly but
I don't know, however, if it would be enough to negate the need for Bloodrage.

I know you weren't specifically trying to piss me off so I'll ignore the comment about desync. It just annoys me a little...:(

Desync is such an integral part of the game it (desync) "should" go without saying that it's (desync is) part of the normal gameplay and that I know how to combat it (desync) . I took for granted that everyone knows it (desync) happens so I lumped it (desync) in with the lag spikes part of my post because, to me, it goes without saying that you'll see desync and have to deal with it (desync)

I specified desync in my response each time I mentioned it (desync) so you know I am referring to it (desync) so there are no musunderstandings ;)

The %tages for Poacher's and Blooddance are stackable, if I recall correctly but
I don't know, however, if it would be enough to negate the need for Bloodrage.
Hey man, you're right I wasn't trying to offend! I've just had pretty good luck with handling the desync issues with a macro on my mouse so i can spam /oos... that is, until last night.

So much rubberbanding it was insane. I'm glad I'm only on Normal, as i died so many times where I thought i was out of trouble then got rubberbanded back, and this was after i'd already been hitting sync macro. Seems that whatever is causing this rubberbanding is separate from the desync issues, or maybe they disabled the /oos command again? Not sure wtf.

I definitely wasn't trying to belittle your issue, and after last night have a much more intimate experience with what you were talking about. I really wish GGG could do SOMETHING to help with this shit.

I think I'm going to try Poachers Mark on Cast when Damage Taken, and then use the Blooddance boots and see if I can not use Bloodrage. Yea it gives you leech, but once you get to merciless and have so much negative chaos resistance it really starts to hurt.

What are you guys using for melee AOE setups? I used Cyclone before on my last claw guy, and i just got it again... but it seems to pale in comparison in damage and usability compared to say, Reave. I figured that maybe Frenzy with Melee Splash would be cool, but the AoE is so small it just doesn't do the job for clearing packs... not to mention the insane mana cost of that ability.

I think I'm going to try Poachers Mark on Cast when Damage Taken, and then use the Blooddance boots and see if I can not use Bloodrage. Yea it gives you leech, but once you get to merciless and have so much negative chaos resistance it really starts to hurt.

What are you guys using for melee AOE setups? I used Cyclone before on my last claw guy, and i just got it again... but it seems to pale in comparison in damage and usability compared to say, Reave. I figured that maybe Frenzy with Melee Splash would be cool, but the AoE is so small it just doesn't do the job for clearing packs... not to mention the insane mana cost of that ability.

I used poachers mark quite a bit while leveling up my character (for the mana on hit) and I seemed to have frenzy charges pretty frequently. More often than not, I would say, but I wasn't actually paying that close of attention so take this with a grain of salt.

As for melee AOE, ground slam is a good one, especially if you use an increased AOE gem with it. Infernal blow + melee splash can be pretty good as the explosions from infernal blow can give you a pseudo-increase in AOE. I actually really like molten strike, too, though it's AOE isn't huge. The fact that each magma ball counts as a "hit" and each ball can hit multiple targets means that "on-hit" effects (life on hit, mana on hit) are extremely powerful with the skill (especially when paired with multi-strike). When paired with a LGoH gem I was almost unkillable with my molten strike character unless I got one-shotted or surrounded by too many wide-spread ranged monstes to keep the LGoH going.

Hey man, you're right I wasn't trying to offend! I've just had pretty good luck with handling the desync issues with a macro on my mouse so i can spam /oos... that is, until last night.

So much rubberbanding it was insane. I'm glad I'm only on Normal, as i died so many times where I thought i was out of trouble then got rubberbanded back, and this was after i'd already been hitting sync macro. Seems that whatever is causing this rubberbanding is separate from the desync issues, or maybe they disabled the /oos command again? Not sure wtf.

I definitely wasn't trying to belittle your issue, and after last night have a much more intimate experience with what you were talking about. I really wish GGG could do SOMETHING to help with this shit.

It's all good. I'm sorry to hear you had a day like mine. I know it can get really frustrating when you feel you're really starting to make progress and then, BAM! a day like that happens.

What I see when desync starts to occur on my system is that mobs on my screen stop moving and vocalizing. If I see that, I leap slam away immediately and hit my /oos button. That usually works like a charm but it wasn't helping the other day because it wasn't seemingly related to desync

I died like 5 times yesterday due to that same issue...72% towards 88 became 12% towards 88...sigh...

I was able to complete my 3 daily missions and a mission from Catarina and Zana then I decided to just stop playing for the day while I had some XP left, lol...

I don't really use an AOE, "proper". I'm using Leap Slam+MS when I see a large group all bunched up but that's about it. Normally I just Spectral Throw as they rush towards me. The 2 damage auras I use (Hatred, Herald of Ash) seem to burn/freeze them all down before they reach me (and I have a life leech on my ST as a quick heal + I use Vitality.)

It makes me weaker as a character to not have a really great AoE but I reall really like playing at melee range so I don't really miss not being able to explode large groups of mobs.

Zana finally showed up and I got her to level 3 then invited her back to the hideout. Started my daily today at 0530 thinking she'd give me some easy map that I could knock out before I had to get ready for work but, alas, she popped open 6 portals to Poorjoy's so I Alt-F4'd and got ready for work.

What's that spinny move he's using? Looks like Cyclone but it's not because he's casting it in one place.

That's Vaal cyclone. It's incredibly fun but also incredibly likely to kill you. You stand in one place spinning around and you suck all the surrounding monsters into your typhoon of destruction.

That's Vaal cyclone. It's incredibly fun but also incredibly likely to kill you. You stand in one place spinning around and you suck all the surrounding monsters into your typhoon of destruction.

Hmmmm. Never used a Vaal gem before, how quickly do they charge up? Maybe that can be my AoE move. I'm using claws so most of the moves available won't work with my build, and cyclone feels like it's been nerfed since the last guy i had who used it.

Hmmmm. Never used a Vaal gem before, how quickly do they charge up? Maybe that can be my AoE move. I'm using claws so most of the moves available won't work with my build, and cyclone feels like it's been nerfed since the last guy i had who used it.

It takes 32/48/64 kills to charge it up (depending on which difficulty you're in). Some people make Vaal skills work as their primary attack but it's tough to do. With cyclone, unless you're in a map with super high monster density, you'll probably only get it a third to half re-charged on use, then you'll be back to your slower clear speed skills.

So I just completed my basic "learn the game" playthrough, I made it to lvl 40 on my ranger doing so. It was pretty fun up until Dominus (I think his name was) where I died probably 20 times because I kept getting desync from the server. That seemed to get worse the farther into the game I got.

I still don't have any idea what the hell I'm doing when it comes to the passive skills and gear, I just picked what looked best. I ended up getting to around 1200 DPS using my fire arrow (I tried to find lightning arrow since I read that it was good but never got one) which worked out OK, I could one-shot pretty much any normal monster. I definitely have a bad weakness to freezing and piercing damage so I'm sure that build is totally broken for high level gameplay though.

Honestly not sure if I want to run through it again on cruel difficulty though. Too much lag during act 3.

I took about six months off from PoE after playing for about a year straight, and came back for this expansion. I managed to make it to cruel before I couldn't take anymore and remembered why I quit in the first place. These fuckwits haven't fixed anything. Its still the same miserable, unrewarding grind it always was, with a heaping helping of desync, gear checks, and piss poor mechanics. All the content they've added just feels like lipstick on a pig, and frankly, I think its a mess.

I wouldn't even say anything, but reading about people dying to desync, stupid bullshit OOS macros ( I had a whole list of macros for this stupid game because the devs are retards that can't implement simple qol improvements) just pissed me off thinking about it. I must have died 10 times with my ranger,trying to open those damn strong boxes. The game freezes for about a second every time I open one, just long enough so I can't get out of the way, and I get gang raped. Uninstalled, not worth the anger and frustration. I'm not getting sucked back in.

I took about six months off from PoE after playing for about a year straight, and came back for this expansion. I managed to make it to cruel before I couldn't take anymore and remembered why I quit in the first place. These fuckwits haven't fixed anything. Its still the same miserable, unrewarding grind it always was, with a heaping helping of desync, gear checks, and piss poor mechanics. All the content they've added just feels like lipstick on a pig, and frankly, I think its a mess.

I wouldn't even say anything, but reading about people dying to desync, stupid bullshit OOS macros ( I had a whole list of macros for this stupid game because the devs are retards that can't implement simple qol improvements) just pissed me off thinking about it. I must have died 10 times with my ranger,trying to open those damn strong boxes. The game freezes for about a second every time I open one, just long enough so I can't get out of the way, and I get gang raped. Uninstalled, not worth the anger and frustration. I'm not getting sucked back in.

I've got a couple of hours in an I don't think it will hold my attention for very much longer. I'm mostly kind of curious to try other types of builds but I can't see getting serious about this game. Although I did get this neat achievement, this is only my 3rd character I started:

screenshot-0000.png

I must have died 10 times with my ranger,trying to open those damn strong boxes. The game freezes for about a second every time I open one, just long enough so I can't get out of the way, and I get gang raped. Uninstalled, not worth the anger and frustration. I'm not getting sucked back in.

Quartz flask or freeze mine would have helped you out there.

What's up with those timed missions that Zana gives out? I'm on a 71 map (Dry Woods) so I zone in and the place is wall to wall magic mobs, Extra damage/always Crit totems all over the place, I have EE and Vulnerability, Mobs are on Turbo mode and have 99% extra damage, and there are 2 additional Rogue Exiles.

I'm supposed to run around the whole zone to touch columns in some sort of race with all that?! Fuck you GGG Fuck you right in your asses.

Not happening.

The only timed Zana mission I ever had luck with was a Strand map populated by sea witches and squid. The big pack sizes and easy kills let me build up time faster than it ran out. Most of the time it's like you say, though. I'll spend the whole initial 90 seconds trying to kill one extra life, armored, ele-resist, turbo, extra damage blue monster and then zone out when I fail the mission.

What's up with those timed missions that Zana gives out? I'm on a 71 map (Dry Woods) so I zone in and the place is wall to wall magic mobs, Extra damage/always Crit totems all over the place, I have EE and Vulnerability, Mobs are on Turbo mode and have 99% extra damage, and there are 2 additional Rogue Exiles.

I'm supposed to run around the whole zone to touch columns in some sort of race with all that?! Fuck you GGG Fuck you right in your asses.

Not happening.

There are a couple different types of that mission. One is a mission that starts with around 30 seconds but each kill adds time(this is the easiest because I reached 20 minute timers before). Another adds time when you reach a quest location. I can't remember if there is a 3rd with a set time limit.

Zana offers some of the most challenging missions and some of the best rewards. The map is free and you can get the unique maps as bonus. If the time limit is an issue, rush through the map to collect the objects. Once done finish the map.

Do you play standard or a temp league? I could help you if you play rampage.

If anybody plays rampage and needs help let me know and I will do what I can.

There are a couple different types of that mission. One is a mission that starts with around 30 seconds but each kill adds time(this is the easiest because I reached 20 minute timers before). Another adds time when you reach a quest location. I can't remember if there is a 3rd with a set time limit.

Zana offers some of the most challenging missions and some of the best rewards. The map is free and you can get the unique maps as bonus. If the time limit is an issue, rush through the map to collect the objects. Once done finish the map.

Do you play standard or a temp league? I could help you if you play rampage.

If anybody plays rampage and needs help let me know and I will do what I can.

I appreciate the offer of assistance. I'm on standard at the present time, however. I'm still trying to sort out my CST trackball (left button still isn't working properly, consistently) before I create a Rampage character

If I understand your post and the one above it, you're saying that each mob killed extends the time limit. When I tried my first "timed" mission I blew up the first room full of mobs (at least 20) and the time limit did not increase at all. I failed that one 90 seconds into it.

I assumed, at that point, that all her timed missions are speed missions where you just run through popping health flasks and quicksilvers to get done ASAP, then go back and kill the mobs once the "mission" is complete. That's why I've abandoned that "daily" twice since encountering the cluster f$ck of a first mission. Oh...and the whole being "Double-Cursed" sux.

I appreciate the offer of assistance. I'm on standard at the present time, however. I'm still trying to sort out my CST trackball (left button still isn't working properly, consistently) before I create a Rampage character

If I understand your post and the one above it, you're saying that each mob killed extends the time limit. When I tried my first "timed" mission I blew up the first room full of mobs (at least 20) and the time limit did not increase at all. I failed that one 90 seconds into it.

I assumed, at that point, that all her timed missions are speed missions where you just run through popping health flasks and quicksilvers to get done ASAP, then go back and kill the mobs once the "mission" is complete. That's why I've abandoned that "daily" twice since encountering the cluster f$ck of a first mission. Oh...and the whole being "Double-Cursed" sux.

There are different variations. You won't know until you enter to know which one you have.

There are different variations. You won't know until you enter to know which one you have.

I kicked that fake-assed accent-talking bitch outta my hideout and I'm treating her like a Rogue Exile until further notice.

Damn it's slow leveling up the masters when just doing the dailies and whatever encounters you have, but I'm getting there. Slowly...

What's the point in leveling these masters anyway, what does it do? Because I pretty much stopped doing their missions all together.

What's the point in leveling these masters anyway, what does it do? Because I pretty much stopped doing their missions all together.

Crafting/enchanting/gambling!

Haven't had the chance to use them myself, but it seems to be a great addition to the game and a helping hand getting past certain gear blocks or making an almost good item really good. Apparently if you have an item that you'd wear but its missing a particular needed mod, you now have the opportunity to add it without the insane rng and cost of exalted orbs.

Damn I need that dagger!!!

So if avoided doing their missions early on and have now gained ~20 levels the missions that they give should be super easy then, no? Or are their missions dependent on the zone levels themselves? Because iirc the highest level master I have now is 3.

Crafting/enchanting/gambling!

Haven't had the chance to use them myself, but it seems to be a great addition to the game and a helping hand getting past certain gear blocks or making an almost good item really good. Apparently if you have an item that you'd wear but its missing a particular needed mod, you now have the opportunity to add it without the insane rng and cost of exalted orbs.

Unless you run into one of the hundreds of almost awesome items where it won't let you craft another prefix/suffix no matter what (but will allow you to throw exalteds at them all day long)

like the +24% Damage sash I have with +40%fire/lightning/chaos resists that won't take a +life mod...while I have 3 other dropped sashes in my stash with the same mods (slightly to moderately lower resists) but they have +life or +ar or +both +stun recovery on them...

Or like the blue moonstone ring I found with only 2 mods (+24 ES and +32% IIR) which is not craftable at all. (but I can throw regals and exalts at this one all day long, too)

Or the AR based chest I found which is not craftable...even though it's only got 4 total mods on it (+300AR +145%ar +92 life +38%fire resist)

There's no rhyme or reason to why they allow what they allow and why they deny what they deny.

Don't get me wrong...I love the addition of the masters, in general, and I do appreciate being able to add stats to some items to improve them. What I hate is the inconsistency of the rulesets governing crafting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back