Path of Exile Is now Live on XBOX One

Nice! Will try it out tonight. I hope the controls are as good as Diablo. The inability to pick a particular target in large mobs is going to be a lot more butt clenching in this than Diablo, that's for sure.

Anyone one know if your PC account carries over to this version? I'd be a little annoyed if I had to buy all my stash tabs again, but I wouldn't mind starting my characters over.

We fully support the Xbox One X and Path of Exile will be playable at 4k/60fps on launch day. We're going to investigate other enhancements like HDR also. <--- from the Reddit AMA. w00t!

Alright, finally got around to trying the Xbox version over the weekend. The download is a little over 9GB. I played about 4.5 hours and made it to the prison in Act I.

Your account is created automatically for this version. There is no option to sign into a current account.

Lag seems worse than the PC version at times. It seems that the developers expected this and it tries to buffer input so gameplay stays smooth, but sometimes the game just stops like it locks up for a second or two while everything catches up. The game runs at 60 FPS, regardless.

As expected, targeting is a big issue. The console version of Diablo III executed this much better. It is laughable while in the camp sites trying to target an NPC or waypoint as the game gives PCs in your instance targeting priority, so everyone is moving back and forth trying to target the thing they really want. It's especially bad as people still have the habit of parking their toons on the waypoint and at the stash chest. I would highly recommend avoiding hardcore modes because of the general targeting issues.

The game looks extremely good, and they executed the console UI much better than Diablo III, although the buttons for common functions are occasionally inconsistent depending on what menu you are in. One major complaint I have with the UI is that the health globe is way too big, and there is no option to scale any of the UI elements. A more minor complaint is that assets for the inventory menus sometimes lag in, taking up to 10 seconds to load. But everything is easy to read on my 49" 4K TV and very intuitive to navigate.

I was worried about losing out on the item filters compared to the PC versions, but the game comes loaded with the best and most popular one from Neversink, and includes all the versions of it from "Regular" to "Uber Plus." I picked the "Strict" filter since I had to start fresh and off I went.

Overall it's pretty good and well executed. I'm sure they will continue to tweak and add more customization as time goes on. But given the current control issues, I see no reason to play this one over the PC version. While controller input was well executed with Diablo III, it is the main point against this version of Path of Exile in my opinion. I'm anxious to see if the X feature patch will improve things.

Last edited:
Path of Exile launches on PS4 tomorrow morning.

cageymaru Can we change the title of the thread to be a general discussion on the console versions?

I honestly haven't played the game at all since it launched on Xbox One, but I'd give it another try now that the new expansion is out and cooked.

I tried it on the PS4, but what you said about the Xbox pretty much still applied to this version. Targetting is a pain. I have it on the Xbox and PC too, but a few friends only have PS4s, so just downloaded it to join them, and pretty much don't think I'm going back to the console version.

I tried it on the PS4, but what you said about the Xbox pretty much still applied to this version. Targetting is a pain. I have it on the Xbox and PC too, but a few friends only have PS4s, so just downloaded it to join them, and pretty much don't think I'm going back to the console version.
Played it about 3 hours last night. Looks like they made some slight UI adjustments since I played the Xbox One version, but I still think the health orb is too big. Looks like they also fixed the inconsistency of controls in the menus. The feeling of buffered inputs also seems to be gone as the game now just takes the hit with some slight interruptions when there is a lag spike. I noticed the new SSF mode is not present in this version (don't know about Xbox). Might be a temporary thing while the game is new to build up the economy. Targeting priority is a little better, but I still noticed a couple times when the game decides to target a PC in the opposite direction of where I'm facing when they're like 20 feet away and I'm literally pressed against the stash. Didn't notice this issue in combat, but the game still has the tendency to prioritize the enemy that is closest to you, even when they're 45 degrees to the right or left of where you're looking. This can be annoying when trying to target bombs and projectiles.

Despite what I said before I do find it relaxing playing this game with a controller and will probably end up playing this version for a bit.

Despite what I said before I do find it relaxing playing this game with a controller and will probably end up playing this version for a bit.
This is pretty much how I feel about the console version of Diablo 3. I know the PC version is "better", but the combination of playing on a bigger screen, in 4K, with a controller, and on a couch just makes the console (Xbox One X) version entirely more enjoyable to me.

Back